Time to STOP buying/streaming ANY “Britney“ release

FreeLou

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I know without a doubt you have your heart in the right place @FreeLou.

I personally view this whole thing a little differently. To me, its's important we continue celebrating and enjoying Britney's music. It's difficult for me to see how it benefits her by not listening to her music.

Ceasing all streaming... is that the absolute best way to support her? 

I believe the rationale is: Britney does not want to work right now so the estate can't receive new money.

If she's protesting her career, then fans should also protest her career. Meaning, do not "do" anything that could generate a single cent, whether that's streaming or buying vinyls etc. 

This feels problematic to me for several reasons: 

If we're so focused on her legal matter, then we lose sight of a very huge and influential part of who she is: an artist. 

Also, Britney hasn't explicitly implied she wants fans to stop listening to her music.

If you are concerned about giving a dime to the conservatorship... think of it this way:

Britney's father does not want to fight her in court regarding Andrew Wallet's return as co-conservator because he knows it's expensive. Fans have been streaming / buying vinyls and shirts this entire time. This aspect of her career is likely far less lucrative than performing. Britney is explicitly against performing right now. That's where the millions roll in. No performing, no millions. The Spotify streams aren't going to be the game-changer here (imo).

Now, if it's just out of principal for you - I understand. My advice is to ask yourself if it feels right to you to ban her music from your life for the foreseeable future. If it feels right, do it. If it doesn't... it's worth re-considering. 

Thanks for the mature response. 

I see your point, if we boycott her brand then we boycott her artistry as well. But to me, that’s just the thing... Her career and success have turned her into a slave. We can listen to what we already bought or illegal downloads/stream, just nothing that benefits her team. 

She hasn’t explicitly asked us not to support her and one could even bring up her “thanks for making Glory #1” video to support that argument... But the court documents are the ONLY truth, Instagram shows us what her team wants us to think. She also claimed on video that she didn’t attend The Zone because of her foot, but we know she simply didn’t want thanks to the legal documents. 

It just feels immoral to stab her in the back by going against her very modest wishes. The very fact she’s too fragile to be on her own means she doesn’t need the added stress of performing and being a celebrity, yet LEGAL DOCS literally show us her father is trying to FORCE her to resume her career and she doesn’t want to. She doesn’t have any control on whether people buy her music or not and obviously she can’t address that on legal documents. What she can address is not “resuming her career” and performing, clearly she just doesn’t want to be exploited anymore because of her name. 

1 hour ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

not you jamming to Public Affair and Irresistible  :eyes_britney_laugh: 

Hide contents

me too :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Irresistible is such a bop but the video is like a parody of Britney :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Im jamming to I think Im in love with u now :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

If u guys ever feel like streaming Stronger, just see Irresistible instead 

If ure craving for some DLMBTLTK, then go for 

Sometimes? Just see I think Im in love with u 

:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

8 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Irresistible is a tune. The only Jessica Simpson song worth listening to. 

13 minutes ago, Bundy said:

What about a little bit? :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: a bop 

pd ... where can I find that gif? 

1 hour ago, MM0219 said:

Is that the one she belted at the AMA's the year Britney hosted? If so, yeah, I don't mind that one either. I like more about her than I thought I did I guess. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I think she sang this one one year before tho 

She has some good songs, too bad she never had the x factor/star quality to be a popstar like Britney.

• Content Curators
On 10/8/2020 at 2:41 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Hi Dono welcome back or should I say hello since you never left us as you claimed you would on this inflammatory thread :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: “I guess this is my queue” to say hope this new Lou life suits you more :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

What does this have to do with this thread I’m confusion Mr Krabs Meme GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Ooh feisty are we :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

I’m just failing to understand what you’re getting at by quoting me about the relevance about my post. It wasn’t addressing you or implicating you in any way and it’s sole purpose was only to get a reaction out of me. What I was referring to doesn’t involve you. Sure, defending myself is being feisty. Cool story bro :surejan:

• Content Curators
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’m just failing to understand what you’re getting at by quoting me about the relevance about my post. It wasn’t addressing you or implicating you in any way and it’s sole purpose was only to get a reaction out of me. What I was referring to doesn’t involve you. Sure, defending myself is being feisty. Cool story bro :surejan:

I’m just confused is donno back? I didn’t see him 
like where did that come from in this thread my god why u getting so mad :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

14 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

I’m just confused is donno back? I didn’t see him 
like where did that come from in this thread my god why u getting so mad :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Free Lou is his account. That’s why I was addressing him and I’m not getting mad. How do you want me to reply? My issue was him calling out the mod team on the post I quoted and talking about how Exhale isn’t the place to be anymore yet he’s had this dupe account this entire time. That’s what I was referring to 

• Content Curators
33 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Free Lou is his account. That’s why I was addressing him and I’m not getting mad. How do you want me to reply? My issue was him calling out the mod team on the post I quoted and talking about how Exhale isn’t the place to be anymore yet he’s had this dupe account this entire time. That’s what I was referring to 

OHHH lmfao I didn’t put two and two together that’s why I was confused 

excuse my stupidness patrick falling GIF

Archived