Time to STOP buying/streaming ANY “Britney“ release

FreeLou

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, FreeLou said:

The latest court docs literally state Colon wants her to perform and make money AND SHE DOESN’T WANT TO.  It LITERALLY states he wants her to “resume her career” and she insists not to. 

If the fans have ANY respect for her, it’s time to respect her wishes. She doesn’t want anyone profiting off her anymore. If she boycotts the brand and then fans do “justice” campaigns and buy vinyls etc. then you are sabotaging her fight to be just a little less of a slave. 

Didn't Britney herself re-release Glory (standard digital edition) with a new cover and then widely release Mood Ring ? Doesn't look like she's against purchase/streaming of her musical material. That said, she will not record a new album and go on another tour or residency before Jamie is removed as conservator. It'd be wiser to boycott fragrances, pop-ups like The Zone, etc.

7 hours ago, YannFrance said:

I haven't bought anything Britney since Circus anyway, i knew something was clearly wrong with how she was treated by her team so that won't make any difference for me.

I wish every fan would do the same, who cares about collections you're not gonna die with it in your grave anyway, Britney's freedom is what should matter.

Same.

Except I've purchased music because I believe she enjoys the recording process.

I believe she's sitting on an album right now, just waiting to drop it, but is using touring and promo as a bargaining chip in her fight to eliminate Jamie's control over her life.

Totally agree, it’s so weird seeing ppl on twitter furiously tweeting Free Britney but then also gushing over the million vinyl copies they’re gonna buy. Didn’t Britney literally write in the leaked Daily Mail letter ‘As long as the money comes in no one will change anything’ or something along those lines? I think we all know if Britney’s name didn’t have the ability to generate millions she wouldn’t be under those constraints that she is. This is not to judge or start fights with ppl buying stuff, I’ve bought some stuff since 2009 and I went to Circus which I now regret giving money to her team.  Since the voicemail to the Gram girls I’ve stopped completely, everything just feels icky and supporting her team feels awful. Lucky I’ve just got all her albums on my iTunes, I have accidentally forgotten a few times and watched a video clip on her YouTube channel, I’ve gotta remember 100% not to even do that anymore, don’t want to give her scumbag team even 1 cent. 

10 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I know without a doubt you have your heart in the right place @FreeLou.

I personally view this whole thing a little differently. To me, its's important we continue celebrating and enjoying Britney's music. It's difficult for me to see how it benefits her by not listening to her music.

Ceasing all streaming... is that the absolute best way to support her? 

I believe the rationale is: Britney does not want to work right now so the estate can't receive new money.

If she's protesting her career, then fans should also protest her career. Meaning, do not "do" anything that could generate a single cent, whether that's streaming or buying vinyls etc. 

This feels problematic to me for several reasons: 

If we're so focused on her legal matter, then we lose sight of a very huge and influential part of who she is: an artist. 

Also, Britney hasn't explicitly implied she wants fans to stop listening to her music.

If you are concerned about giving a dime to the conservatorship... think of it this way:

Britney's father does not want to fight her in court regarding Andrew Wallet's return as co-conservator because he knows it's expensive. Fans have been streaming / buying vinyls and shirts this entire time. This aspect of her career is likely far less lucrative than performing. Britney is explicitly against performing right now. That's where the millions roll in. No performing, no millions. The Spotify streams aren't going to be the game-changer here (imo).

Now, if it's just out of principal for you - I understand. My advice is to ask yourself if it feels right to you to ban her music from your life for the foreseeable future. If it feels right, do it. If it doesn't... it's worth re-considering. 

This is a logical way to go about it. Streaming doesn't just give her estate money, the producers, writers, everyone part of the music makes some coin. So by not listening, your actually messing up other peoples livelihoods. It's not supporting her in any way. She said she doesn't want to perform.

7 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Didn't Britney herself re-release Glory (standard digital edition) with a new cover and then widely release Mood Ring ? Doesn't look like she's against purchase/streaming of her musical material. That said, she will not record a new album and go on another tour or residency before Jamie is removed as conservator. It'd be wiser to boycott fragrances, pop-ups like The Zone, etc.

No Britney herself didn't do anything. She has no legal rights to make decisions.  But anyway,  that would be her label that did that.  Not Britney. 

16 hours ago, Stefani said:

But I can't go a day without streaming Glory and Blackout. I get withdrawal symptoms. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Just listen to Jessica Simpson instead like Im doing :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Archived