Time to STOP buying/streaming ANY “Britney“ release

FreeLou

The latest court docs literally state Colon wants her to perform and make money AND SHE DOESN’T WANT TO.  It LITERALLY states he wants her to “resume her career” and she insists not to. 

If the fans have ANY respect for her, it’s time to respect her wishes. She doesn’t want anyone profiting off her anymore. If she boycotts the brand and then fans do “justice” campaigns and buy vinyls etc. then you are sabotaging her fight to be just a little less of a slave. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, Illegally EATEN said:

1. The incessant censoring of users and different viewpoints

2. The bullying of some users by mods

3. The favoritism and lack of equal consequences by mods

4. The outright moral righteousness displayed by mods

5. Literally locking me out of my own topic without so much as the courtesy to tell me, or explain why they believe I deserve it:

https://i.ibb.co/4gZJKkj/Screenshot-20200912-201258-Chrome.jpg

6. Mods ignoring when users bring a problem before them and ask for their help

Most of my Exhale friends have left the site anyways these past few months, and I'm understanding more and more why. 

Exhale is not a "community". Its a dictatorship filled with people who think theyre on a fun online forum only to eventually realize its a CensorHeavy run by mods and those who butter up to them.

I guess this is my queue! I am no longer welcome here like so many before me.

It was nice and interesting getting to know some of you ❤ (others not so much 😅)

Goodbye.

Hi Dono welcome back or should I say hello since you never left us as you claimed you would on this inflammatory thread :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: “I guess this is my queue” to say hope this new Lou life suits you more :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Leader

I know without a doubt you have your heart in the right place @FreeLou.

I personally view this whole thing a little differently. To me, its's important we continue celebrating and enjoying Britney's music. It's difficult for me to see how it benefits her by not listening to her music.

Ceasing all streaming... is that the absolute best way to support her? 

I believe the rationale is: Britney does not want to work right now so the estate can't receive new money.

If she's protesting her career, then fans should also protest her career. Meaning, do not "do" anything that could generate a single cent, whether that's streaming or buying vinyls etc. 

This feels problematic to me for several reasons: 

If we're so focused on her legal matter, then we lose sight of a very huge and influential part of who she is: an artist. 

Also, Britney hasn't explicitly implied she wants fans to stop listening to her music.

If you are concerned about giving a dime to the conservatorship... think of it this way:

Britney's father does not want to fight her in court regarding Andrew Wallet's return as co-conservator because he knows it's expensive. Fans have been streaming / buying vinyls and shirts this entire time. This aspect of her career is likely far less lucrative than performing. Britney is explicitly against performing right now. That's where the millions roll in. No performing, no millions. The Spotify streams aren't going to be the game-changer here (imo).

Now, if it's just out of principal for you - I understand. My advice is to ask yourself if it feels right to you to ban her music from your life for the foreseeable future. If it feels right, do it. If it doesn't... it's worth re-considering. 

I haven't bought anything Britney since Circus anyway, i knew something was clearly wrong with how she was treated by her team so that won't make any difference for me.

I wish every fan would do the same, who cares about collections you're not gonna die with it in your grave anyway, Britney's freedom is what should matter.

I received a Britney fan mail email today. I unsubscribed and in the comment box just wrote "#FREEBRITNEY".

I'm not jokin' *****. I will not buy anything or stream anything until she is free or until she gets what she wants aka having her estate manager by someone she trusts. 

• Super Mods

Let me remind you guys that Britney used Blackout as an escape project. Keri Hilson has said that when Britney was working she was focused and determined to finish the album even when Jive gave up hope along with Theresa Whites. We all heard the stories and how she paid out of pocket to the producers and that's why it's the holy bible. I mean she could've easily abandon the project. 

I think you guys have it all wrong as Britney is a creative soul at heart hence why she doesn't care about the money, if you had come up to her and said that you listen to Sometimes every day and night, she would giggle and be very touched that her art still resonates with people and all that hard work was worth it. She had always thought she would be forgotten like a one hit wonder and hence wanting to retire back to louisiana to have a family. 

Her music is a huge part of her legacy, look how it's touched and inspired so many popstars of today and you guys are basically tainting it with a negative attachment to it which is not what her music is about. 

Her team wants us distracted with little stuff like this so that we fight each other rather than continue exposing them. The new fantasy and prerogative editions have already been released so are you gonna tell the fragrance community not to purchase her perfumes, some don't care about the brand and just like the smell good luck convincing them. 

Lou sued people for false accusations and Jamie saying freebritney is a conspiracy to the media because they are starting to feel threaten, isn't that where we should be putting our energy in? the last thing britney wants you to do is not enjoy her work, it makes all the pain and suffering she went through at that time not even worth it. And also, what makes you not think she could get that money back? you don't know anything but this policing has gotta stop

Archived