Pandemic Life Update: What is it like where you live?

Hey y'all, just super curious to see how different societies/cultures/governments are adapting to the reality of pandemic life? It's such a unique situation where we are all experiencing the same issue globally. What is life like for you where you live? Do you feel like you're getting appropriate support from your government in this trying time? Is your government doing enough to prevent further spread of the virus? What do you do to pass the time?cities.jpg.2f2e3d9f41fd612775ae902c37140a1b.jpg

• Like 1

I live in Germany, very industrial city so Covid has not affected it that much. We were never under lockdown because the goverment seems to care more about the economy than anything else. I got a free test at the airport when i came back from holidays. They sent me a list of rules and a phone number to call in case i am sick. That is all.

I live in Mexico City, we still in the first wave of the virus, it's slightly decrasing. Every friday, governator (here Jefa de Gobierno) announce a traffic light esque scheme (Red, orange, yellow and green light) according with the numbers of hospitalization and deaths, right now we are in orange light (more than ten weeks in that light)

But they still open new spaces every week with limited affluence, social distancing and wearing mask. There is a phone number and a app to look for help if your feeling sick.

Unfortunately many people doesn't use the mask properly or didn't use it and lives their lives like nothing it's happening, only youth mid class people (most of young people in the city) are following the rules. The problem is goverment doesn't want to pressure for people to follow orders, so there is no punishment for who doesn't want to do it.

Since March i've been in my home only go out once two months ago but my life before the pandemic definitely ends with it and never will come back, also I though that like four months ago I was infected after I felt sick with some sights of it but nothing serious just fever and headache.

• Leader
On 10/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, princessmimi said:

I live in California and they all require people to wear masks when entering a store or restaurant,

All lines have to be 6 ft apart, if you're gonna go to a restaurant you have to eat outside and

alot of businesses encourage take out

People visiting Vegas from CA are so happy Vegas is "open." Meanwhile, every Las Vegan (minus those who work on the strip) are like :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I live in Serbia, Europe, and while 90% of Europe is struggling with thousands of newly infected per day, we have 60-70 daily. No lockdown yet, clubs and cafes went from working until 1am to 11pm, though. No night life that much, however ppl have their own private parties :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Here in Mexico cases continue, but it varies from state to state.

The government still acts like everything is under control, but we're already the Top 4 country with the most deaths overall. Also, tests are still very unusual, and only a few people have access to them (we're compared with small African countries in terms of how many tests have been performed). 

Most office jobs are still working from home (I am) but businesses like stores, hair salons, etc, they're already working, but the norm is you have to wear a mask all the time, they check your temperature upon entering the building and give you hand sanitizer. 

Social gatherings are still not advised, but people don't care, and keep visiting each other. I, as a good antisocial that I am, haven't seen anyone in months lol except for a quick trip I did to give my friend a Christmas tree I was taking out, but other than that, I haven't even reunited with my family, like cousins, aunts, etc. 

Each time I hear of more and more cases that are like, closer to us, like, friends of my siblings getting sick, or their parents, or co-workers of them, etc, and I just don't see how people still want to go out and reunite. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

Tbh, the most affected I think it's schools. I seriously feel bad for all the students right now. If our education system was already bad, this just comes to make everything worse. First of all, I doubt the majority of people has internet access from home or a device to connect from, other than a phone, and having classes through a mobile phone, cannot sound more depressing. 

They keep talking about a vaccine but I don't know how it would roll out, or when it's gonna be available. Things like concerts and such are still prohibited, but musicians are opting for online concerts. Television shows are still operating, they supposedly follow all the measures and get tested everyday, but God knows if it's true. 

• Love 1

We're supposed to wear masks when we enter stores and stuff, but I've seen a lot of people who don't. Frankly I think it's bull**** that we still have to wear masks and "social distance" when the  worst of the virus is clearly behind us. The whole thing was overblown to begin with, and the amount of inconvenience that we've had to put up with is ridiculous. 

• Like 2
On 10/8/2020 at 7:11 PM, theannehedonia said:

Hey y'all, just super curious to see how different societies/cultures/governments are adapting to the reality of pandemic life? It's such a unique situation where we are all experiencing the same issue globally. What is life like for you where you live? Do you feel like you're getting appropriate support from your government in this trying time? Is your government doing enough to prevent further spread of the virus? What do you do to pass the time?cities.jpg.2f2e3d9f41fd612775ae902c37140a1b.jpg

In Spain the government is a complete disaster, they were late since they saw the effects of the Covid-19 in Italy. An epic mess how they managed the situation, so many people has suffered because they were more into other subjects. Politics didn’t left their difference apart to work together for the people.

About people in general, everybody thoughts we will back better than before to the new normality, but I feel that now they are worst than ever. They are more rude and paranoic and they have more stress. That’s what I see because I work in the parapharmacy of a big mall. Even they don’t respect the security distance and the use of mask. People complain too much but they don’t care much about the security and wellness of the rest.  

No cases here anymore, so, normalish, other than no tourists because we shut down the border. We had a wee flare up a couple months ago from a citizen returning from the UK, but thats to be expected.

I think, we're far less paranoid of our government than other nations are, so we have willingly utilized contact tracing apps and done the lockdowns and whatnot, pretty easy to find the source of an outbreak and contain it.

And no, we arent sending people to covid camps like the dailymail would have you believe haha. They get put up in 5 star hotels [ since we have no flipping tourists using them anymore ] until they feel better.

I live in Atlanta, and it's kind of weird. When you're driving or walking around places, you'll forget there's even a pandemic going on until you remember you're wearing a face mask/see others wearing them. Everything is for the most part back open, though a lot of places limit the number of people allowed and some stores (like my work) even take your temperature upon entering. 

I'm from chile. Here the cities that have many contagions subject them to total quarantines without being able to leave the house, however, the police are tough only with some people (unlike the USA where they are corrupt with the population of color, the police here are tougher with poor people :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:).
 In Chile there is a retirement system (which is actually a scam) called AFP. A mandatory pension fund for old age that they draw from your own salary, the AFP can speculate on the stock market your own money without your permission, even, if the stock market falls, all citizens lose funds, not counting that the salary that you receive from that pension fund, unless you are an entrepreneur, it is around 500 dollars :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses: a very big theft, however, after 3 months of pandemic the government gave 10% to all citizens of that pension fund ... although they should give you all your money but hey, all governments are thieves I guess. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:
 There is also a curfew between 11pm to 5am. At that time the police are tougher, but obviously they are not everywhere.
 They have also given some bonuses to help people, but it is little money.
 Regarding work, companies have fired many people, for all places you have to queue to enter and obviously you cannot enter a private place without a mask.
 As for people, more and more  are going out there LOL, they clearly need to go out and recreate.

ps: here there is a political uncertainty because all citizens began to march to end it. So you can imagine the great circus that the congress has without knowing what to do (even before the pandemic) :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

10 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I live in Serbia, Europe, and while 90% of Europe is struggling with thousands of newly infected per day, we have 60-70 daily. No lockdown yet, clubs and cafes went from working until 1am to 11pm, though. No night life that much, however ppl have their own private parties :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I ja sam iz Srbije :)... 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block