MEGARATE: In The Zone (GAME)

OMG I was working again and I missed it AGAIN:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: I’m going to read absolutely everything rn :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: why do i have to work on Sundays this is gonna happen to me every single time:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: 

but thank you again @Slayer :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Edit: Everytime deserved better:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:I get it we like h0e anthems but did we really need two of them in the top 3?:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:  at least The Hook Up did better than I expected. And Showdown should be higher too btw.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

HERE ARE MY RATES :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

1. ME AGAINST THE MUSIC featuring Madonna - 9.5

*Still a bop and still one of her best dance singles. Having Madonna as a feature also makes it a standout. It's iconic. I said what I said.

2. (I GOT THAT) BOOM BOOM featuring the Ying Yang Twins - 8.75

*This song is hot. Although my issue then is still my issue now. Its length. I feel like I stayed at a party longer than I should've.

3. SHOWDOWN - 9.25

*It's my anthem, OMG! This is the pop twin sister of Breathe On Me but she doesn't get noticed a lot because BOM is such a slxt and takes all the men.

4. BREATHE ON ME - 9.75

*I used to not like this cause of it's slow tempo. I thought it was boring back in 2003-2004. But as I grew older, I connected more to the song. I understand it now. For me, it is the heart of the record.

5. EARLY MORNIN' - 11

*The most underrated and artsy fartsy ITZ track, I swear. This is the kind of sound and vibe that I love. I wish we got the original explicit version.

6. TOXIC - 10

*I don't think there is anything else I could say about this song. Reputation precedes her. 

7. OUTRAGEOUS - 10

*It's my anthem. TEEHEE. This song would've slayed and continued the era's domination had she not broken her knee. One of her strongest late era singles.

8. TOUCH OF MY HAND - 8.75

*I don't get the hype, honestly. It's a good smexy song. Lyrics are great. I just think it sounds too similar to Breathe On Me. You know, as the slow tempo racy pop song of the album, BOM already has that covered.

9. THE HOOK UP - 9

*A strong album cut that also has the appeal to be a single. It's one of the most unique Britney songs.

10. SHADOW - 9.25

*A powerful stunning ballad that comes right after a mega bop? Who does that? I think the placement of this song works so well. One of her best ballads ever. One of.

11. BRAVE NEW GIRL - 9

*I cannot at everyone saying this song doesn't belong in the album. It sounds very ITZ to me and those who say otherwise, clearly doesn't understand the aesthetics of this album. 

12. EVERYTIME - 10

*The way this was put last is just genius because it's the smartest song on the record. The lyrics. The understated  production. The beauty and the grace. She's Miss Universe. A great way to close the album.

13. ME AGAINST THE MUSIC (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix) - 9.25

*I used to loathe this being included on the record because it's a remix. She's never done that up to that point but I've since learned why and I think it's genius. She wants to end the album on a high note and works as like a reprise of the opening song. SMART.

14. THE ANSWER - 8.25

*It's an OK song. It's smexy and it's kinda hot works well as a bonus track. It's like "if you want more, here are some leftovers that are still good" and they are. But there's a reason why they're called leftovers.

15. DON'T HANG UP - 8

*Another OK song. I also like the way this song comes after THE ANSWER. Their titles are connected. SMART.

• Love 7

The irony I think in the zone, I think holds a special candle as it really was the last era of epic performances, not Armography which she's known for now, but epic Dancing. Larry, I hate you, she said she was hurting, and you overworked her til her body shut down , just to physically rest. 

I wonder if it was the strategy all along, work her until she was physically exhausted, to the point she wasn't there mentally cos she was just exhausted. 

Now I know why Scooter let Justin actually cancelled his tour, another Britney could have happened, but they listened to him, when he said, he's tired abd spent. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LaLohan said:

Thats what u meant when u quoted me earlier im so dumb

OH MY GOD. I am so sorry. No, you're not dumb. i'm dumb.

I must not have noticed the one I quoted was you quoting the main Outrageous post. So I ended up quoting you. Because it was chaotic earlier. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I literally had to trace back everything seeing what you said just now. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

OH MY GOD. I am so sorry. No, you're not dumb. i'm dumb.

I must not have noticed the one I quoted was you quoting the main Outrageous post. So I ended up quoting you. Because it was chaotic earlier. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I literally had to trace back everything seeing what you said just now. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

:hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

• Haha 1

@Slayer Thank You so much for doing these!

Is Breathe On Me Brit's highest rated song outta these Megarates now?

I'm really happy with the results of this one, my 11 won!

I just woulda tweaked the top 5

1. Breathe On Me

2. Toxic

3. Everytime

4. Me Against The Music

5. Touch Of My Hand

But they all have really good ratings so I can't even be mad.

Y'all were mean to Brave New Girl though...

Super excited for the Britney album!

@Slayer I hope you'll post a main results thread when we're done with all the Megarates to see how all of her songs stacked up against each other.

I'm sure that thread will cause some major drama and outrage! lol

• Love 6

Heres mine:

1. Me Against The Music ft Madonna- 10/10: This song is so funky and adrenaline-boosting, and that dance-break in the middle S.L.A.Y.S 
  2. (I Got That) Boom Boom ft Ying Yang Twins- 10/10: The song is freaking amazing! I dont understand its hate 
  3. Showdown- 10/10:  Such a fun song to dance to! I really like the voice and Britney's low-tone vocals were everything over here
  4. Breathe On Me- 10/10: Hearing this song on headphones is such a exciting bonafide experience. Its like as if feeling those beats all over yourself! Breathe On Me is clearly such a fantastic and stunning body of work
  5. Early Mornin- 9/10: I love the minimalist hip-hop production here, the song is one of the most experimental tracks in the album 
  6. Toxic- 11/10: What is there NOT to love in this song! ts such a thrilling and adventurous song, and the greatest hit of the 00s! The screeching violins, bollywood-infused instrumentals, and spy-esque production of this song is clearly timeless and iconic by its self! Toxic is clearly Britney's most versatile hit, because from young students to even my teachers love the song. The song has such a incredibly-catchy hook to it and can really summon a dancing marathon in the club. Truly a legendary song and Britney's greatest work.
  7. Outrageous- 6/10: After hearing Toxic and then jumping to this track, it feels so...mediocre. Even Britney herself did not like that song and the only reason it made to the tracklist was because of a compromise! And its disturbing to think if it was never made with a MV, Primeney would still be here
  8. Touch Of My Hand- 10/10: The perfect definition of this beauty is an immaculate collection of Chinese instrumentals and wondrous body of work. Its so stunning! I love this song, my third fave of the album
  9. The Hook Up- 8.5/10: I love the reggae-funk influence of the song, and Britney trying to impersonate the Jamaican accent added so much more personality to the song.
  10. Shadow- 10/10: The song is so gorgeous and captures Britney’s higher registers and tones. The quality of Britney's voice makes it even more shiny and beautiful. And the production in this track was really stellar. it was truly a great song,  loved it
  11. Brave New Girl- 10/10: Yes... yr reading the right thing. Don’t rub your eyes yes I said it, brave new girl might be an outcast but it slayyyyssss it might not sound so fresh compared to the other tracks but it does its job as a banger in the album itself and the hat paid to brave new girl should go the beginning alone, slays over I got that boom and showdown. The song is so fun to play when you walking on the streets of a city or drive the car too. Such an underrated bop, and deserves so much more praise in the fandom 
  12. Everytime- 10/10: This song is so haunting, deep, hurting, sorrowful yet...so beautiful at the same time it really embraces yr heart and hurts u when u hear Britney’s delicate, whispering and low voice truly Britney is a genius
  13. The Answer- 10/10: I wish the answer made it to the official tracklist! Such a spectacular song and i can already imagine an amazing video for it! The hit that got away
  14. Don't Hang Up- 8.1/10
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Slayer said:

IT'S ONLY YOUR...

7 - Shadow

Overall rate: 8.88

tumblr_lttxk1eKF31qm4pf9o1_500.gif

Lowest rate: 1/10 @Cocopop

Highest rate: 11/10 (x7) @nwonder @Midnight @Cinderella85 @CripplerCrossface @Itachi @iAlwaysSingLive @JustLuvMe07

Comments:

·     It’s a beautiful ballad and her vocals are amazing!

·     Such an underrated ballad, her vocals really come through in this one

·     Easily her best ballad. Unlike "Everytime", it has the most satisfying climax

·     one of her most underrated ballads for sure, so haunting and beautiful

·      I mostly skip Shadow. I grew tired of it. The lyrics are quite cheesy compared to the rest of the album and the chorus is a bit pitchy.  
The melody isn't my favorite anymore either.

·     It'd be a 10 if there wasn't the Sonic The Hedgehog noise from 2:05-2:15. It takes me out of one of Britney's best ballads.

·     The song is so gorgeous and captures Britney’s higher registers and tones. The quality of Britney's voice makes it even more shiny and beautiful. And the production in this track was really stellar. it was truly a great song,  loved it

·     An absolute 10. I honestly feel like this ballad is superior to Everytime

·     A powerful stunning ballad that comes right after a mega bop? Who does that? I think the placement of this song works so well. One of her best ballads ever. One of.

·     top 5 best Britney ballads ever

·     This is an okay Britney ballad but she has better. Seems a bit corny amongst the sultry songs before it. 

·     Her last "big" ballad - I have to admit that I prefer the fragile nature of her other ballads which got produced by Guy S. but this track is simply beautiful.

·     This song it's so special and deserves more

·     Not as good as Everytime, but it’s still such a gorgeous song and I’d love for Britney to do more vulnerable, electronic-sounding ballads like this one. Britney’s vocals on the song are so good too. The Onyx Hotel Tour performance of this track was also stunning with Britney in that blue dress! 

·     Too sad for me, a little trite

·     Better than Everytime

·     Extremely underrated. Deserves more praise.

·      I love this song but she sounds out of tune during the verses to me. Am I the only one?

·     Pretty, but not a great fit for the album. The middle eight saves the day here.

·      I can't find the right words to tell you how much I love Shadow

·     One of Brits last REAL ballads. Its a gorgeous song and her voice sounds great.

·     Vocals are good, overall song is just ok

·      I think this song gets over looked a lot by this fan base. It’s a beautiful ballad and Britney sounds like an angel here. I wish she would have switched up her shows more and performed it other than just during the Onyx Hotel Tour. 

·     Would have been a great single, but I can see why Everytime was picked as the ballad single. Production is a tiny tiny tiny bit cliche but the lyrics are gorgeous. 

Deserved Higher, same with Showdown 🙄

• Love 1