Janet Jackson’s masterpiece “The Velvet Rope” album celebrates 23 year anniversary.

dayad.jpg

23 years later to this day and this masterpiece of an album still sounds fresher than yesterday. October 7, 2020 marks the 23 year anniversary of Janet Jackson’s “The Velvet Rope.” Similar to the vein of Madonna’s “Ray Of Light” album, Janet was able to channel vulnerability, spiritual growth, and catharsis with genre bending sounds and atmospheric chutzpah. At the time, no other pop girl channeled raw emotion and conviction to an album released to the masses that was celebrated for its honesty, frankness, and conviction which also received chart praise (no payola, just pure demand). Tackling human sexuality, homophobia, mental health, and even social connection at a time when social media was a mere idea. Even your faves scite this album as their inspiration to be honest and frank when they are tired of playing the industry puppet game. Fun Fact: Janet also worked with Ellen Von Unwerth for the iconic cover whom also worked on Britney’s “Blackout” and Christina’s “Back To Basics” album covers. 🙏🏼😍

As the album closer mentions, be sure to water your spiritual garden. 🌺 🙏🏼jj.jpg.f0e5602c61e65d743b33217d89b90364.jpg

• Love 2

I remember during the ray of light era. Kurt loser went to Madonna and said The Velvet rope Album reminded people of the Erotica album especially the photos of her bondage gear and the homosexual and bdsm themes. What are your thoughts about it being revisited after you did it give years prior.

She said you just answered the question yourself. 

It's already been done, I've moved on to the next chapter. But she asks Janet, where's the book to match all the tnemes in this album. 

Kurt looked stunned, if you barely made it thru that controversy, Janet would should have it harder if she did that book.

She just smiled. 

The Velvet Rope is her best album! The era with the perfect selection of singles. Every Time is one of my all time favorite songs. 💛💜💛

10 hours ago, MamboDoesItBetter said:

Fun Fact: Janet also worked with Ellen Von Unwerth for the iconic cover whom also worked on Britney’s “In The Zone” and Christina’s “Back To Basics” album covers. 

It was Patrick Demarchelier who shot the cover for In The Zone. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I remember during the ray of light era. Kurt loser went to Madonna and said The Velvet rope Album reminded people of the Erotica album especially the photos of her bondage gear and the homosexual and bdsm themes. What are your thoughts about it being revisited after you did it give years prior.

She said you just answered the question yourself. 

It's already been done, I've moved on to the next chapter. But she asks Janet, where's the book to match all the tnemes in this album. 

Kurt looked stunned, if you barely made it thru that controversy, Janet would should have it harder if she did that book.

She just smiled. 

If Janet had done a book like Erotica her career would've been over. Honestly I never understood why Madonna was always so salty about Janet :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Actually Janet came to Madonna first..

In an australian interview, Janet said we both do dance music, but mine has class. 

Lmfao no, that quote was in 1993. It all started in 1990 when Madonna trashed Janet while talking to MJ, that's one of the main reasons why MJ stopped being friends with her. Also at the 1990 VMAs Janet and Madonna's dressing rooms were next to each other and Madonna was again talking trash about Janet and someone from Janet's team heard it and it was a mess. I love Madonna but she feuded with almost all the female pop stars of the 80s and 90s except for Whitney. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Stefani said:

Go Deep was that song.

Top 30 Dance Grind Girls GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

2 hours ago, bliss said:

Lmfao no, that quote was in 1993. It all started in 1990 when Madonna trashed Janet while talking to MJ, that's one of the main reasons why MJ stopped being friends with her. Also at the 1990 VMAs Janet and Madonna's dressing rooms were next to each other and Madonna was again talking trash about Janet and someone from Janet's team heard it and it was a mess. I love Madonna but she feuded with almost all the female pop stars of the 80s and 90s except for Whitney. 

I wonder why the sudden need to talk trash about Janet? I am a huge M fan so the unveiling of the origins of the feud gets more and more interesting. I always thought Janet came for M with the “class” comments then the whole MJ / M thing. M and Janet should do a joint album to put this behind them.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block