Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber team up for new song "Monster"

17 minutes ago, SJK said:

This is so boring. I was expecting a bit more from these two. Does nothing for me. 

It's so strange. A song with both of these singers should be the biggest bop... If this was released 3 years ago, it would be the biggest news and have biggest viewing debut on YouTube. 

2020 is a weird year.

• Like 1

I like it. We can poke fun at the message but its their truth. I'll agree though I expected more of a bop from them.

I will still add it to my rotation its not a bad song just not memorable. Also grown up responsible  Jb is :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:.

I'm not sure what I think of Shawn's john mayor phase. I think he's figuring out where he wants to go musically and he should be allowed that. I like wonder more and more I listen to it.

• Like 1

Compare this song and video to Miley's and Dua's 'Prisoner'. It shows once again that young male pop is just not showing much effort and lacking creativity for the most part. Many of the ladies that came after Madonna have been killing it or at least tried not to be basic. But what about the men, why are most of them so flat in their style? You would think the likes of Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Prince, George Michael...would inspire more imagination and greatness. I just don't get it. Lil Nas X is letting them bite the dust in terms of sound and visuals. Harry Styles might be another contender. But it seems like most pop boys are not really trying compared to the girls and it's been like that for way too long.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Turogue said:

Compare this song and video to Miley's and Dua's 'Prisoner'. It shows once again that young male pop is just not showing much effort and lacking creativity for the most part. Many of the ladies that came after Madonna have been killing it or at least tried not to be basic. But what about the men, why are most of them so flat in their style? You would think the likes of Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Prince, George Michael...would inspire more imagination and greatness. I just don't get it. Lil Nas X is letting them bite the dust in terms of sound and visuals. Harry Styles might be another contender. But it seems like most pop boys are not really trying compared to the girls and it's been like that for way too long.

THIS.

I mean first I played the song ("Monster") like three times WITHOUT watching the video, and it was OK, definitely chill. It sounded good, but whatever. And then I watched the video. And it was OK, chill as well. IT LOOKED GOOD, WHATEVER. But I mean, they even wear simple t-shirts... Which look OK ON THEM, BUT WHATEVER. See my point? Everything they do is meh. Zero effort.

But the most striking thing to me are... the lyrics. 100% SELF-REFERENTIAL. And I'm tired of that coming from Justin. He's been talking about his struggles since "Sorry". Dude get over it already and give US something, stop expecting something from us: to know what happened to YOU, to understand YOU, to be on YOUR side, to forgive YOU, to pay attention to YOU... My gadw, the amount of ego.

• Like 5

This is Justin’s second song in a row about this same subject & who knows what # in total at this point.  

stop being woe is me & make ppl forget your past by giving incredible music & being a better performer.  This isn’t doin it. 

I liked Wonder a lot but I wonder why this Shawn cycle isn’t really connecting with the public or myself?  Lol

• Like 1

The song is boring and will be forgotten in 2 months.

The video is worse. They have no interaction at all. They could have filmed it in separate places with a green screen.

I'm not asking them to make out* but they could at least look each other in the eye. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Spoiler

*Maybe a bit, I admit it. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

11 hours ago, allthat88 said:

This is Justin’s second song in a row about this same subject & who knows what # in total at this point.  

stop being woe is me & make ppl forget your past by giving incredible music & being a better performer.  This isn’t doin it. 

I liked Wonder a lot but I wonder why this Shawn cycle isn’t really connecting with the public or myself?  Lol

he is in his 4th album cycle, she is coming for his bionic, 4, artpop  era.

The only thing I thought when I watched the music video was:

Wow, female artists have to do so much, reinvent themselves, serve aesthetics, visuals, costumes, attitude, never seen before stuff - while male artists are like: Ok let's put this shirt on and the video will be just us walking and staring at things and being dramatic I guess?

Compare this video with the Prisoner video, or the WAP video.

This collab is so underwhelming but will do good anyways.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block