Britney's dad Jamie is "very concerned" that Britney is being given too much freedom regarding decisions about her medical treatment

jamie-freedom.jpg.18cd70ba89ba94b5f1b2abd8a4198c16.jpg

Jamie Spears used to be Britney's personal conservator, however because of health concerns and a physical altercation with Britney's son, which lead to a restraining order, Mr. Spears now acts as Britney's financial conservator (something she is fighting against in court). 

A woman named Jodi Montgomery is now Britney's personal conservator.

According to a new report from Us Weekly, Mr. Spears is worried Ms. Montgomery is giving Britney too much freedom to make decisions regarding her medical treatment. 

“Britney is being given a lot of freedom about making her own decisions when it comes to her medical treatment,” a source tells Us. “Her conservator Jodi Montgomery trusts that Britney has been dealing with this for most of her adult life and should be trusted to be given the responsibility.”

Jamie is “very concerned,” the source says.

“This isn’t about #FreeBritney, her fans or anything else. It’s about Britney’s well-being,” the source continues. “Jamie loves his daughter and is worried about her.”

Mr. Spears is requesting litigation between him and Britney cease at the moment as it could potentially and unnecessarily deplete her funds. They will attempt to work out a resolution outside of court first. Britney wants her dad to step down as financial conservator and instead hire an independent firm to manage her estate. Mr. Spears is resistant to this. 

Related: Jamie Spears requests that Sam Ingham & Britney's petition to hire litigation counsel is denied

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing Jamie is concerned about is not getting caught  #FreeBritney

“Britney is being given a lot of freedom about making her own decisions when it comes to her medical treatment,”    nice to know that bc i feel like there's plenty of cool alternative meds a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Towelney said:

The only thing Jamie is concerned about is not getting caught :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: #FreeBritney

Pretty much, yes! You can tell he’s nervous though. You know when someone is scared to get cut and they start doing mistakes or obvious moves that will incriminate them?

• Love 5
  • Like 1

You see people everywhere dealing with mental health issues, being perfectly able to follow a treatment.

Even if we didn't know all that is behind their intentions of having her under a conservatorship and we were to believe he's a concerned father worried for the wellbeing of Britney, there comes a time where you really need to let your ADULT children fly and take responsibility of their own lives. As I've said since all of this started, it must be the wildest dream of any overprotective parent to have eternal control of the lives of their children, but that's unrealistic.

Again, all of this if we didn't know all they're profiting with the conservatorship.

• Love 2
  • Like 6

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

You see people everywhere dealing with mental health issues, being perfectly able to follow a treatment.

Even if we didn't know all that is behind their intentions of having her under a conservatorship and we were to believe he's a concerned father worried for the wellbeing of Britney, there comes a time where you really need to let your ADULT children fly and take responsibility of their own lives. As I've said since all of this started, it must be the wildest dream of any overprotective parent to have eternal control of the lives of their children, but that's unrealistic.

Again, all of this if we didn't know all they're profiting with the conservatorship.

The fact that this ******* is contesting a reputable firm for handling her affairs is despicable.

Bessemer should have been appointed as managing her affairs back in 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013 etc...

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, Chester said:

Not him being concerned she might get TOO MUCH freedom, as if choosing what goes in your body isn’t somehow a personal right.

this is all so bizarre to me. Especially since I’m in a conservatorship myself, or more like the reformed version of it. None of the crap she deals with was ever an issue for me and yet you still have people act like this is somehow completely normal. 

If you Don’t mind me asking, what do you consider normal for a conservatorship? Isn’t there always some control over your medications if you have a mental disability?

11 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

If you Don’t mind me asking, what do you consider normal for a conservatorship? Isn’t there always some control over your medications if you have a mental disability?

Well, I’m not from the US, so I don’t know what the laws are like over there. Over here, I was never forced to do anything I didn’t want. A conservator CAN do that, but the court has to approve of that first and that usually only happens when you’re on a locked ward and sectioned for 6+ months. And even then you first have to refuse all and every medication to actually get forced by the court to take those medications. 

Honestly, most of the time I didn’t even notice my cship. It’s actually about to end now, and all I had to do for that to happen was say I don’t want it anymore and get it approved by my doctor. No hearing, no nasty fights, nothing.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chester said:

Well, I’m not from the US, so I don’t know what the laws are like over there. Over here, I was never forced to do anything I didn’t want. A conservator CAN do that, but the court has to approve of that first and that usually only happens when you’re on a locked ward and sectioned for 6+ months. And even then you first have to refuse all and every medication to actually get forced by the court to take those medications. 

Honestly, most of the time I didn’t even notice my cship. It’s actually about to end now, and all I had to do for that to happen was say I don’t want it anymore and get it approved by my doctor. No hearing, no nasty fights, nothing.

Chester, I would love to hear more, as long as you're comfortable with sharing. I remember as a naive college student back in 2008 thinking the conservatorship was the best thing for Britney. Now as a 31 year old attorney with knowledge of the legal system, it seems like something is clearly not right. There are plenty of celebrities who go through meltdowns but none are subject to the kind of restrictions Britney is under. I think that the temporary conservatorship likely saved her life, but I can't understand why she is still under a personal, rather than financial, conservatorship, especially when it seems like she has come so far and probably has no interest in the kinds of things she did 13 years ago.

I could be completely wrong, but I just fail to comprehend why there is so much discussion over the fact that her finances need oversight while ignoring the fact that when it comes to her personal affairs, she does not seem to be taking risks the way she did when the conservatorship was first instituted, especially since Jamie is objectively the reason why she currently has less time with her kids.

• Like 3

He is ******* disgusting I wanna throw up he is vile, mean and heartless, she does not deserve any of this I hope he is gonna pay for what he did to her 

I AM SO ******* MAD KILL THE BEAST !!!!!!!!!!!! MOTHER NATURE AND KARMA PLEASE DO SOMETHING

angry-black-woman-gif-1.gif 

• Love 1