Question: Is Britney (third Album) starting to sound like A Janet Jackson reject album?

Spicechinodiva

In the Group The chronicles of Britney and Two Janet Jackson groups are discussing the revealtion about Toxic being intended for Janet, originally. 

Many are wondering if her Third Album outside the Max Martin Tracks, are starting to be revealed slowly as Janet Jackson rejected Tracks. 

They have said Anticipating is like a sister to the Disco bop of All for you, Even the breakdown chant

"Gotta really know, if you want me

Gotta make me feel ****

Gotta be everything that I need."

Some argue might not be rejects. But they say obviously it's her ****** awakening referencing the Janet album from 1993 and they sAy you can tell they studied all for you the album and patterned the music in the dance Tracks after that. 

Some say Britney, is the closest to a Janet Jackson album she truly made in her catalog.

Do you agree? With the group discussions..

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album obviously is the album from her that sounds the most like Janet's art, definitely! 

Lonely is probably the most similar to any Janet Jackson songs from Britney's discography, it sounds similar to What About on Janet Jackson's album titled The Velvet Rope.

Boys is a little bit similar to Nasty, lyrically. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I'm a Slave 4 U was originally written for Janet Jackson and it just sounds like something she would release in general haha .:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Anticipating sounds a bit like Janet Jackson's song All For You in terms of the instrumental. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

However just because certain songs were originally meant for Janet, doesn't mean Britney didn't make them her own and make them flawless. To me, it doesn't sound like a Janet album that was molded to sound like a Britney album, it sounds like a Britney album with tracks that might be influenced by Janet songs. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

No. It's just a coincidence. By 2001 the bubblegum pop sound from the late 90's and early 00 started to fall and urban styles where the new emerging trends. 

The Pharrel style was a great subtle and cool transition to a more mature sound. I actually find it weird how opposite some Max Martin tracks sound in comparison to Slave and Boys. I love the entire tracklist from this album but Id wish she would had added more swaggy slave kind of songs. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

On 10/7/2020 at 1:43 AM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The album obviously is the album from her that sounds the most like Janet's art, definitely! 

Lonely is probably the most similar to any Janet Jackson songs from Britney's discography, it sounds similar to What About on Janet Jackson's album titled The Velvet Rope.

Boys is a little bit similar to Nasty, lyrically. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I'm a Slave 4 U was originally written for Janet Jackson and it just sounds like something she would release in general haha .:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Anticipating sounds a bit like Janet Jackson's song All For You in terms of the instrumental. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

However just because certain songs were originally meant for Janet, doesn't mean Britney didn't make them her own and make them flawless. To me, it doesn't sound like a Janet album that was molded to sound like a Britney album, it sounds like a Britney album with tracks that might be influenced by Janet songs. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Yes THIS. 

Also,

I'm not a girl not yet a Woman is Again and Let's Wait Awhile

She'll Never Be Me sounds like If

What's Like To Be Me sounds like You Ain't Right 

Slave 4 u vs If identical video choreo lol

Also Email my heart off Baby One More Time sounds like Empty, My Baby sounds like China Love, How I Roll sounds like Strawberry Bounce and so on.. 

Hell, Alien sounds a lot like Janet too

On 10/7/2020 at 1:26 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

In the Group The chronicles of Britney and Two Janet Jackson groups are discussing the revealtion about Toxic being intended for Janet, originally. 

Many are wondering if her Third Album outside the Max Martin Tracks, are starting to be revealed slowly as Janet Jackson rejected Tracks. 

They have said Anticipating is like a sister to the Disco bop of All for you, Even the breakdown chant

"Gotta really know, if you want me

Gotta make me feel ****

Gotta be everything that I need."

Some argue might not be rejects. But they say obviously it's her ****** awakening referencing the Janet album from 1993 and they sAy you can tell they studied all for you the album and patterned the music in the dance Tracks after that. 

Some say Britney, is the closest to a Janet Jackson album she truly made in her catalog.

Do you agree? 

Yes I agree. But Oops I Did it again, half of ITZ sounds like JJ's stuff too

Bit of an insult to Janet, I'd say. The only Janet resemblance I hear is on Let Me Be.

The Britney album could have been SO much better if they didn't combine it with Crossroads soundtrack rejects. 

During the summer of 2001 she said in a couple of interviews that she co-wrote every song bar two (I'm assuming Slave and Boys) but then November came around and we got what we got. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:  Sad to think what could have been. 

Archived