Normani on her debut album: "I'm close. When God tells me that it’s done, then it’ll be done."

• Leader

Normani has yet to release her debut album, and now we know why. God hasn't told her to release it yet. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

In her new interview with Teen Vogue, Normani said: 

I’m close. When God tells me that it’s done, then it’ll be done. I’ll feel it, you know?”

“There’s so much expectation that I have for myself, so adding [fans’ expectations] onto that can be a lot, but it really does motivate me,” she says. “I really want to create a body of work that’s going to count, you know? I’m never going to get my first album back.”

I have fallen victim far too often to paralysis by analysis. It's this idea that you want to keep perfecting something because you want everyone to love it. So you think about it and think about it and keep working on it and keep working on it and then so much time passes and you haven't really made any forward momentum. Normani, sis. Release it :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Thoughts, Exhale?

Oct_Normani_Final-Cover.jpg

Related:

release-normani.jpg.6168d4a77e2c501dcacca850ad188d9e.jpg

• Haha 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙