Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The Chromatica era is largely considered a fan favorite album - and a critical darling. 

But is the era over??

Stupid Love had some success, Rain On Me went #1, and 911 is not getting any promo. Is it even a single?

Also, Gaga is not doing any music promo. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

In the midst of a very heated US election year, she is really focusing on her Haus Labs makeup line. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

What is going on in Gaga land????

:firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning::firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning::firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

aga.jpg.e883441632f62c7cd29e2b165971f422.jpg

  • Love 2
Link to post
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What'd you mean 911 isn't getting any promo? She performed it at the VMAs as part of a medley with the previous two singles. Also, the music video is her best in a long time (and the best from Chromat

I think Gaga will release Sine From Above as another single 

but it's Britney's anthem 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

What'd you mean 911 isn't getting any promo? She performed it at the VMAs as part of a medley with the previous two singles. Also, the music video is her best in a long time (and the best from Chromatica) and that's good enough promo for me. If it's flopping, it's not her fault. Maybe her star is just fading now. I don't know. 🤷‍♀️

Aside from the VMA promo I should say, and a few Insta posts. I'm just saying it's not getting the level of promo that her singles usually get.

I think Chromatica is a MASTERPIECE and I need a 1000 Doves single treatment and video!

I'm upset that she is focusing so heavily on makeup -  I'm not sure anyone really cares about this. Especially when Gaga has such a stellar history of promoting democracy and denouncing the current administration - Why has she stopped now?

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

What'd you mean 911 isn't getting any promo? She performed it at the VMAs as part of a medley with the previous two singles. Also, the music video is her best in a long time (and the best from Chromatica) and that's good enough promo for me. If it's flopping, it's not her fault. Maybe her star is just fading now. I don't know. 🤷‍♀️

It’s not single worthy at all and I feel she only released it to capitalize on the memes going around. She should’ve released it as soon as the album came out to make some sort of impact. Not everyone can do it like Dua right now, but I agree that the video reminded me of classic Gaga. I can’t believe Slayvitating is flopping right now, but glad that she released it 

  • Love 3

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
  • Exhale+
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s not single worthy at all and I feel she only released it to capitalize on the memes going around. She should’ve released it as soon as the album came out to make some sort of impact. Not everyone can do it like Dua right now, but I agree that the video reminded me of classic Gaga. I can’t believe Slayvitating is flopping right now, but glad that she released it 

The remix with the cursed Madonna became the main version. 

 

She didn't even think about offering the Album version as well

 

 

Plus A lot of fans are upset she didn't push Hallucination as much as she did with levitating

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s not single worthy at all and I feel she only released it to capitalize on the memes going around. She should’ve released it as soon as the album came out to make some sort of impact. Not everyone can do it like Dua right now, but I agree that the video reminded me of classic Gaga. I can’t believe Slayvitating is flopping right now, but glad that she released it 

I love 911 but it should have been a promo single. 

:joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave:

  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

Aside from the VMA promo I should say, and a few Insta posts. I'm just saying it's not getting the level of promo that her singles usually get.

I think Chromatica is a MASTERPIECE and I need a 1000 Doves single treatment and video!

I'm upset that she is focusing so heavily on makeup -  I'm not sure anyone really cares about this. Especially when Gaga has such a stellar history of promoting democracy and denouncing the current administration - Why has she stopped now?

Ok tea. I totally get what you mean.

Here's my 2 cents. I think cause she took a long time to release Chromatica and wasn't the record done long before? I think the excitement just wasn't there anymore. But of course she still served us a lot during this era (like the music videos) but that to me is just Gaga's default, she always puts a lot of effort into her work. But I just think the spark just wasn't there for her anymore. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s not single worthy at all and I feel she only released it to capitalize on the memes going around. She should’ve released it as soon as the album came out to make some sort of impact. Not everyone can do it like Dua right now, but I agree that the video reminded me of classic Gaga. I can’t believe Slayvitating is flopping right now, but glad that she released it 

I was shocked too that she chose that to be the next single. I was expecting 'Alice' or 'Plastic Doll'. But I've since grown to love the song after it became a single cause I had to add it to my regular rotation playlist and listening to it everyday a.k.a. force feed, made me love it. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post
  • Exhale+

I kinda think it's over, she's a performer, and this album marked the return of the weird girl, and the performance art. 

 

It's a success in today's landscape. 

 

But it definitely didn't get the promo or the roll out. 

 

She only rush released Stupid Love cos of a leak.

 

There was this rumor Chromatica was planned to be a visual album connecting the world's of Chromatica.

Obviously, that didn't happen cos of Covid. 

 

Of anything. Covid really did kinda killed the comeback of Gaga the pop star. Maybe she should have done an album like A star is born and saved Chromatica til the pandemic is over..

 

Which I thought it was ending, but everything is getting shut down again right before winter. 

 

 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok tea. I totally get what you mean.

Here's my 2 cents. I think cause she took a long time to release Chromatica and wasn't the record done long before? I think the excitement just wasn't there anymore. But of course she still served us a lot during this era (like the music videos) but that to me is just Gaga's default, she always puts a lot of effort into her work. But I just think the spark just wasn't there for her anymore. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

My theory is I think she really wants to focus on being a movie star - Which requires mass general public appeal - Which is why she is falling in line with this celebrity makeup line trend. And probably why she is no longer going heavy with her political opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
28 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The remix with the cursed Madonna became the main version. 

 

She didn't even think about offering the Album version as well

 

 

Plus A lot of fans are upset she didn't push Hallucination as much as she did with levitating

Well when she released Hallucinate people weren’t releasing quality videos so she didn’t want to be the first one to get backlash for it. Then Cardi and others started releasing full on contact music videos so she decided that people didn’t really care anymore. I’m sure they must have to provide a Covid free test before filming these videos 

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
18 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I was shocked too that she chose that to be the next single. I was expecting 'Alice' or 'Plastic Doll'. But I've since grown to love the song after it became a single cause I had to add it to my regular rotation playlist and listening to it everyday a.k.a. force feed, made me love it. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I can’t really put much input since I haven’t listened to the album, but if 911 is the song she chose for a single then I don’t have hopes for any of the other songs on that album 🤣

  • Haha 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

My theory is I think she really wants to focus on being a movie star - Which requires mass general public appeal - Which is why she is falling in line with this celebrity makeup line trend. And probably why she is no longer going heavy with her political opinion. 

But wouldn't a successful music career mean more exposure for her? It would ultimately help her movie star-ness rise. I think she's just not into it anymore. Like, she's fallen out of love with the record by the time it came out. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

  • Love 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post

911 not a single? it was performed in a major tv plattform, received a MV, it was promoted in every plattform.

  • 911 MV release
  • recent VMAs performance
  • CBS interview 
  • GMA interview 
  • Spotify ads for This is Lady Gaga playlist 
  • Instagram ads for 911
  • YouTube ads for 911
  • featured on prominent AM playlists 
  • Billboard magazine cover + interview 
  • Voce Viva perfume commercial 
  • sent to radios in Europe officially
  • multiple social media posts encouraging her fans to stream the new single 911 (Twitter, Instagram, FB, etc.)

If flopping its the new "the era is over", then the answer is yes.

#NoCollabNoHit

JRn4lKP.gif

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I can’t really put much input since I haven’t listened to the album, but if 911 is the song she chose for a single then I don’t have hopes for any of the other songs on that album 🤣

Just give 'Alice', 'Plastic Doll', and 'Sine From Above' a spin and then forget the rest. Oh and 'Sour Candy' as well. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block