Justin Timberlake disses "Can't Stop The Feeling"

I agree, its my least favorite song by him and didn't seem like a good sound for him (according to my ears), even though it was very successful. Reminded me of Britney's Ooh La La which I also hated, and didn't think it was the right sound for her at any point (even though she has kids and even though she featured them in the video)... 

• Like 1
On 10/6/2020 at 12:42 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

In a new interview with Apple Music, Justin Timberlake disses his last big global hit song, 2016's "Can't Stop The Feeling."

He says the song never felt like his because he wrote it for the movie Smurfs, but RCA and Dreamworks said you need to sing it.

He says he wrote it with someone else in mind. Someone who had kids.

"This is a song I don't feel is mine. We wrote it for this movie."

Funny thing is all the blogs are saying it's very ironic. JT is in a long list of artists who diss their last global hit.

Ironically he has yet to have a hit as big as this song.

Funny, the Trolls World Tour soundtrack also flopped (though the movie was a groundbreaking success as it was the first film released in an on-demand home rental release thx to Covid 19). 

It's a move that was a success, but at the same time was controversial as Universal faced severe backlash saying all theatrical films will also get the on-demand home release as well, which caused several chains to block future Universal studios films unless they reverse this decision. 

Check it out below:

jt-cant.jpg.ad5caa95cc7e8e4ce19b83b8ef9bc16b.jpg

Btw I keep reading how Trolls 2 was a success even through on demand and streaming release but wikipedia says it grossed $26 million USD from the $90-$110 million budget!?

• Love 1

It's a cute song but it's one of his worst ones for sure so I get why he doesn't like it. 

Plus Man Of The Woods wasn't a flop (in my opinion), did it underperform compared to The 20/20 Experience? Yes. But still it had one big hit (Say Something), a moderate hit (Filthy) and some songs with minor success (Supplies and the title track). The album went #1 and is eligible for platinum in the US. The tour was a big success grossing over $200M.

• Love 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Then why did you release it you dumba ss?? Im sorry i just lose respect for people that diss their own sh it . That's your own WORK , just don't say anything and appreciate the success. 

Plus i used to be a MASSIVE JT fan , but i have to say his songs aged like expired milk.... i just tried to listen to his songs the other day and couldn't unlike Britney and Rihanna's songs. 

On top of all his 20/20 experience album is seriously cursed .... every time i put on that album in my car something horrible happens... so i got rid of it :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block