VOTE: Britney's Most Slept On Single

CaulkDestroyer

Most Slept on Single  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was looking into Britney Spears' charting history in America and noticed the majority of her singles went top 40, or even in the 20's or plus. BUT there were a few singles, that didn't fare so well. So the singles that I posted in a poll are all OFFICIAL singles that did not go into the top 30 on the American singles chart. My question to you all is: Which official released single by Britney Spears was the most ignored by the general public, that you feel deserved more recognition? Could be the overall song, the lyrics, the vocals, the music video, live performance, ect. 

My pick is a tie between "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" and "Criminal". They showcase her vocals and the videos are ****, beautiful and really sells the single for me.

Britney spears music britney GIF on GIFER - by Iannara                                    britney spears criminal video | Tumblr

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're only talking about the US, right?

If so, then I would like to start by saying there are a lot of great Britney singles that are being slept on, honestly. And as much as I want to vote for a song that should've peaked higher on the Billboard Hot 100 (like, 'Oveprotected'), i'm gonna have to go with My Prerogative because it didn't even chart at all when it is the best out of all her non-charting singles on the Hot 100. I would even say it's better than some of her Top 40 singles but I won't say no names, Pretty Girls. :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

Proof of this is it's #3 peak in the UK and #2 on the European Hot 100. Globally, 'Prerogative' peaked at #4. It did better than most of the singles during her prime. And may I remind all of you that it is a LEAD single. Her first ever lead to not chart on the Hot 100, yet it did better globally than all the singles from the Britney album and half of the singles from Oops!. Also, it's still not Vevo Certified, right? Like, has it reached 100 million views already on Youtube? I don't think so. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

I know the US is not the only market and there's still the rest of the world but like it or not, the US is the market that every one of our faves from across the globe want to break into. Like, Kylie Minogue and Dua Lipa. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

That's why to me, there is no greater injustice than America sleeping on 'My Prerogative'. Again, it did not even chart on the Hot 100. ALSO, it is a Bloodshy & Avant production. Her only Bloodshy & Avant single to not chart on the Hot 100. When 'Toxic' won a Grammy and is hailed as one of the best pop songs in the entire universe, when 'Piece of Me' is celebrated for being courageous and fun and innovative and is on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with the rest of "Blackout" and was used as the title of her Vegas Residency, when 'Do Somethin'' charted on the Hot 100 on the strength of digital downloads when digital downloads weren't even that big of a deal or a thing in 2005, when 'Radar' appeared on not only one but two Britney albums AND a greatest hits collection when the only country it went Top 10 was Sweden? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Shoutout to all the Swedish Exhalers. Taste! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

To add insult to injury, just when we were about to get a live performance of it after years of being starved and being the only lead single and Bloodshy & Avant single to not get a live performance, Domination got cancelled. :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

It's like my girl MP can't catch a break. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

GH:MP didn't even hit #1 or #2 on the Billboard 200. It peaked at #4.

#JusticeForMyPrerogative

Criminal, no doubt :neydedance_purple:

Song sounds unique even today, lyrics are relatable and kinda meme(ish). A quick look on TikTok and Twitter and you'll see why it is trendy among the youngsters and why its been a consistent top 10 track on Britney's streaming pages. Plus its a Max Martin and Shellback track with Britney, this combo never fails to deliver.

Spoiler

And it was a brazilian radio hit back then. Brazilians won :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

If YouTube didnt censored the video when it was released, it could've been FF 4th hit and there I said it :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

18 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Do Something :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: 

Also, why is Flop My Ice the most voted? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The recent love for these song is really getting on my nerves :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Break the filler has nothing on the attitude and fierceness of Do Something, and neither does it have the the vocals, and beauty of someday I will understand, so how is “Team B needed one more single to finish the era, so they chose me”  over those masterpieces :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

If those love for “Overrate the ice, exhalers!” Extends to JusticeForBreakTheIce (and I didn’t even use the hashtag :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:) I might make a “Break the ice is overrated” thread :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

14 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Do Something :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: 

Also, why is Flop My Ice the most voted? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The recent love for these song is really getting on my nerves :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Break the filler has nothing on the attitude and fierceness of Do Something, and neither does it have the the vocals, and beauty of someday I will understand, so how is “Team B needed one more single to finish the era, so they chose me”  over those masterpieces :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

If those love for “Overrate the ice, exhalers!” Extends to JusticeForBreakTheIce (and I didn’t even use the hashtag :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:) I might make a “Break the ice is overrated” thread :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I liked Do something. Sadly, the performances of that song made me dislike it eventually.:pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

I agree with Someday, though.:tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

As for BTI, well, you know my stance on it :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Criminal was eventually noticed by the fans of Harley Quinn or whatever she's called, and later with Tik Tok, so I wouldn't put it on those terms. Though it was blocked initially by YouTube, it eventually got to the 100M views, unlike Perfume or the Glory singles, for example, so yeah, I mean, it was overlooked when it came out, but people found about it later.

I would say Overprotected was definitely slept on. The US got the Darkchild Remix, but they missed the original version, which was literally the completion of the trilogy BOMT - OIDIA - Overprotected.

Break the Ice is the other one too. It came out at a weird time, literally when the conservatorship had just started, and with the animated video (which is awesome but overlooked by lame fans) it just didn't cause the impact it should've.

If any Blackout track had to be incorporated on Circus, it should've been BTI. It would've been the perfect comeback single, with a killer video and performance, that intro alone is like aaah. Of course, Womanizer is cool too, but it would've worked as a great second single too, like Toxic did. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Criminal was eventually noticed by the fans of Harley Quinn or whatever she's called, and later with Tik Tok, so I wouldn't put it on those terms. Though it was blocked initially by YouTube, it eventually got to the 100M views, unlike Perfume or the Glory singles, for example, so yeah, I mean, it was overlooked when it came out, but people found about it later.

I would say Overprotected was definitely slept on. The US got the Darkchild Remix, but they missed the original version, which was literally the completion of the trilogy BOMT - OIDIA - Overprotected.

Break the Ice is the other one too. It came out at a weird time, literally when the conservatorship had just started, and with the animated video (which is awesome but overlooked by lame fans) it just didn't cause the impact it should've.

If any Blackout track had to be incorporated on Circus, it should've been BTI. It would've been the perfect comeback single, with a killer video and performance, that intro alone is like aaah. Of course, Womanizer is cool too, but it would've worked as a great second single too, like Toxic did. 

@Blackout2006 this right here :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: facts, facts, facts:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I’d say there’s a good few on that list.

MATM was massive still but it’s definitely under appreciated especially throughout the fan base. The whole dance element, Madonna - that dance beat. I just love it. 

Do Somethin’ was so underrated. I remember it being band in the UK because something to do with copyright for the interior of her car. I’d loved to have seen a proper primney performance of it.

It’s such a shame the Blackout album in general never had its given time to shine. It set the trend for music at that time. BTI is a gem and even my bf who doesn’t listen to Britney loves the song. It’s catchy and very Britney. 

Slumber Party is such a pop masterpiece. I loved the video too (even if the work she had did on her face was a bit odd throughout). Had she released it in her prime it would have been one of her signature singles imo.

Archived