Billy B puts BreatheHeavy on blast once again, claiming BreatheHeavy uses Britney's situation for profit

On 10/6/2020 at 12:12 PM, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

Just playing Devil's advocate here @Jordan Miller, you did create a fan site years ago that got its footprint on the web thanks to Britney. It's why you are able to show up so high on google at this point.  Then  you changed it because Britney herself wouldn't produce enough income, and made it a Pop news site, which makes sense. However, this sites majority of users are Britney "fans" (quotes for a reason). So you do low key owe most of sites user base to Britney and her star power. 

At the end of the day, as a long term reader (back even in 2007/8) I have seen many awful negative things said about Britney. It blows my minds that "fans" log on just to trash someone they would praise to their face. However,  I do not think you can control it, or have the resources to fully control that....but its been called Exhell for a reason. I honestly feel very bad for Britney having to read all the negativity all the time its gotta be tiring AF..here, facebook, reddit, her own instagram, she must have to be a really centered woman. 

Are you a Perez Hilton figure? No, not completely....but for you more users = more income so business model wise you can't afford to block/remove/ moderate the people with negative opinions (for real how many times do people need to talk about her eye liner) because they generate revenue. 

Since, I watched that Insta drama happen in real time last night, and I can't imagine being told my idol read my site (business) and didn't like the negativity....I propose this: 

Make a statement, make a stand, that can even be a mission statement on the front page. That this is a safe space, that bullying of others, or bullying of celebs (mainly Britney) won't be tolerated. You can also make sure not to mainpage anything that brings forth dramatic conversation (like this one). It can even be an updated user agreement. I am sure many including Britney herself would really love the change. It could be your apology to her and breathe new love and light into the site <3 

The worst part of this whole thing is that Billy even made an statement that he doesn't even care about the threads hating on his skills as makeup artist (which was partly what originated his original comments about the toxicity of BreatheHeavy). All the drama of this case in particular was because of a non-existent thread that supposedly claimed he was getting paid by Lou Taylor. So he's pissed that BreatheHeavy and Jordan support such defamatory threads (that don't exist). All of this, was fed to him by a troll that came here asking us to help him trash Billy B on Twitter, he was directly addressed by Billy himself on Twitter, the troll then claimed to feel suicidal because no one in Exhale helped him, then came with a second account pretending to be someone else to threaten Jordan for not supporting this poor user he supposedly had just known about 2 hours after joining the site. He then goes with Billy and asks for forgiveness, and tells him the story about this non-existent thread, and that got banned after confronting Jordan about it.

So basically, Billy is not mad at BH's toxicity, because he hasn't even bothered to come to the forum and see for himself. He made all those statements because of the lies of a troll.

So I see all these people on Twitter, which are probably teenagers, because if they're not, then that's even sadder, but they live in this world where they think insulting people, starting Twitter fights, or stan fights, creating drama, cancelling people, is all a game. Then I see all these comments on Instagram bashing Jordan and BH with such a hate, that I've never seen on the worst comments of Exhale, not even when Lilith or Cheri were still here, and people still dare to call BH the toxic place.

I find it so ironic that anyone can criticize Exhale for allowing negativity, when most users in here lately complain about the amount of "censorship" the site gets. There isn't one day when I don't read a comment complaining about how "you can't have a different opinion on Exhale".

There's always room for improvement, and the forum can always get better and more welcoming to everybody, and more respectful towards whoever we're talking about, but sadly that wasn't even Billy's point. It was all for this imaginary thread that never existed and trolls getting away with what they wanted.

• Love 6
  • Leader
8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The worst part of this whole thing is that Billy even made an statement that he doesn't even care about the threads hating on his skills as makeup artist (which was partly what originated his original comments about the toxicity of BreatheHeavy). All the drama of this case in particular was because of a non-existent thread that supposedly claimed he was getting paid by Lou Taylor. So he's pissed that BreatheHeavy and Jordan support such defamatory threads (that don't exist). All of this, was fed to him by a troll that came here asking us to help him trash Billy B on Twitter, he was directly addressed by Billy himself on Twitter, the troll then claimed to feel suicidal because no one in Exhale helped him, then came with a second account pretending to be someone else to threaten Jordan for not supporting this poor user he supposedly had just known about 2 hours after joining the site. He then goes with Billy and asks for forgiveness, and tells him the story about this non-existent thread, and that got banned after confronting Jordan about it.

So basically, Billy is not mad at BH's toxicity, because he hasn't even bothered to come to the forum and see for himself. He made all those statements because of the lies of a troll.

So I see all these people on Twitter, which are probably teenagers, because if they're not, then that's even sadder, but they live in this world where they think insulting people, starting Twitter fights, or stan fights, creating drama, cancelling people, is all a game. Then I see all these comments on Instagram bashing Jordan and BH with such a hate, that I've never seen on the worst comments of Exhale, not even when Lilith or Cheri were still here, and people still dare to call BH the toxic place.

I find it so ironic that anyone can criticize Exhale for allowing negativity, when most users in here lately complain about the amount of "censorship" the site gets. There isn't one day when I don't read a comment complaining about how "you can't have a different opinion on Exhale".

There's always room for improvement, and the forum can always get better and more welcoming to everybody, and more respectful towards whoever we're talking about, but sadly that wasn't even Billy's point. It was all for this imaginary thread that never existed and trolls getting away with what they wanted.

The way you SPILT :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Haha 1
On 10/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

A mission statement? This is Breatheheavy not Google or Amazon :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Most businesses which this is one, have mission statements or even core competencies. 

Im just giving you ideas on how to better, since I work in tech, and manage people who build websites....usually I charge 250$ an hour for this advice, so take it or leave it lol 

On 10/8/2020 at 12:51 AM, PokemonSpears said:

Just being honest here, Im legit not trying to bash Jordan or the site. I am on lots of Facebook Britney Fan groups. One that is private and filled with big Britney fans (meet and greater/podcasters), who aren't toxic people and are very kind people, and have civil interactions even when disagreeing. The consensus in all those groups is that Exhale is a Toxic place and they avoid it and prefer to get Britney and Pop info elsewhere. I also know this isn't the only group where I have seen this said. I even have Britney fan friends who know Exhale and refuse accounts because of the perception. 

This should be troubling to the mods and to @Jordan Miller because this is his livelihood. For this site to be successful, for this site to bring in new users for ad revenue, the issue should be talked about, and some sort of mitigation put in place. It would help make the site better, if at very least at an optical level and only increase profits and user retention/interaction of the site. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

Most businesses which this is one, have mission statements or even core competencies. 

Im just giving you ideas on how to better, since I work in tech, and manage people who build websites....usually I charge 250$ an hour for this advice, so take it or leave it lol 

Just being honest here, Im legit not trying to bash Jordan or the site. I am on lots of Facebook Britney Fan groups. One that is private and filled with big Britney fans (meet and greater/podcasters), who aren't toxic people and are very kind people, and have civil interactions even when disagreeing. The consensus in all those groups is that Exhale is a Toxic place and they avoid it and prefer to get Britney and Pop info elsewhere. I also know this isn't the only group where I have seen this said. I even have Britney fan friends who know Exhale and refuse accounts because of the perception. 

This should be troubling to the mods and to @Jordan Miller because this is his livelihood. For this site to be successful, for this site to bring in new users for ad revenue, the issue should be talked about, and some sort of mitigation put in place. It would help make the site better, if at very least at an optical level and only increase profits and user retention/interaction of the site. 

I first registered on here under an old account in 2013 and left in 2016-early 17 because of the toxicity. It was A LOT worse back then than what you’re calling toxic now. Jordan was also a lot less involved back then so maybe that’s why it happened. He has addressed it multiple times that he has a different plan for Exhale to move past this. Do we slip up every once in a while? Sure we do. And to say that we are the only ones that do is not being entirely honest. I’m also part of other groups including Facebook ones and toxic people are everywhere. What I do like here is that even though people slip up they’re still given opportunities to improve and move on. Not everyone does it, but they’re given a fair chance whereas in other places one slip up means banishment for good. Initially I thought that’s what we needed and have even advocated for banning several members but that’s after giving them chance upon chance upon chance to change and them failing to do so. 

You’re obviously here for a reason so I’m wondering why if there is so much animosity what brings you back? Exhale 2020 is not what past Exhale has been and I can promise that it’s A LOT better and more involved. Like I said, people slip up every once in a while, but for the most part it’s an inclusive place where everyone has a fair chance to discuss things. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

Yes, and this is what Jordan has tried to do lately within the past year or so. 

I do see where they come from. Heck, even I left the site in 2014 precisely because the environment was very toxic, but eventually came back, in less than a year, because I realized it was just a few users that were causing the toxicity, and they rapidly got bored and had already left. Most of the info, at least back then, was still found in here. In the meantime I had moved to Absolute Britney / Britney Universe, which was even referenced as Candyland by many because it was all pink and flowers and love for Britney, but then they became very toxic if you had the slightest criticism towards anything she did, not to mention the whole drama that happened between the owners of the site, the guy that try to stole it (which was the one trying to infiltrate in Lynne and Felicia's lives) and it turned out to be a place filled with much more hypocrisy and toxicity than here. At least here you knew what to expect and who was who when it came to haters and trolls.

I believe you when you say there must be private groups and chats with a much more friendly environment. I still prefer the UI of a forum for what it allows you to create and share. I personally don't like joining Facebook groups, but at least there's something for everyone. I follow some fan pages though, some in Spanish, etc, but usually they post or share inaccurate information or rumors that only hype the fans, so I try not to engage a lot. And when it comes to Twitter or Instagram, at least what you see in public posts, it's the most awful thing I've seen on the entire internet when it comes to how disrespectful they are, not just towards Britney, but towards other artists or when they disagree between users. Just the other day when the rumor about Dr. Luke passing, I went there to see where it was coming from, and it almost made me puke seeing all the Kesha and other artists' fans celebrating his death with memes and gifs, and it's the same with anything else.

So tl;dr I do agree with you with the fame of "Exhell" this site has, it's something Jordan and the new team are trying to change. But coming back to Billy B's rant, it wasn't because of Exhale's fame, his whole drama was because of the lies he was fed by a troll, about a thread that didn't exist and an argument with Jordan that wasn't because of the reasons he said. 

He may have his lovely followers today, but the moment they see fit, the moment they don't agree with something he says, they'll stab him with all the hate or anyone else that doesn't share their point of view. His time "to be cancelled" will come, and no troll will save him from that. I don't think that's nice. I personally prefer to avoid those places, and I'm just there to see what the accounts I follow post, but usually try to avoid interaction or even reading the comments sections at all. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I first registered on here under an old account in 2013 and left in 2016-early 17 because of the toxicity. It was A LOT worse back then than what you’re calling toxic now. Jordan was also a lot less involved back then so maybe that’s why it happened. He has addressed it multiple times that he has a different plan for Exhale to move past this. Do we slip up every once in a while? Sure we do. And to say that we are the only ones that do is not being entirely honest. I’m also part of other groups including Facebook ones and toxic people are everywhere. What I do like here is that even though people slip up they’re still given opportunities to improve and move on. Not everyone does it, but they’re given a fair chance whereas in other places one slip up means banishment for good. Initially I thought that’s what we needed and have even advocated for banning several members but that’s after giving them chance upon chance upon chance to change and them failing to do so. 

You’re obviously here for a reason so I’m wondering why if there is so much animosity what brings you back? Exhale 2020 is not what past Exhale has been and I can promise that it’s A LOT better and more involved. Like I said, people slip up every once in a while, but for the most part it’s an inclusive place where everyone has a fair chance to discuss things. 

Ive never said that Exhale is the only place filled with Toxicity, the whole internet is filled with toxicity. It's almost impossible to avoid. 

I have also never said that I feel animosity towards Exhale. I do personally think it has gotten better here. Im just saying what I have seen said on Facebook groups, and what people have told me as their opinion. 

Im just asking: How are you showing a new potential users that this place is as safe as it can be? How does that new user know this when they come to Exhale for the first time? How do you keep them engaged long term allowing for different view points that aren't toxic in nature? How do you change that old perception of Toxicity? How do you hold Toxic users accountable, and how do non-toxic users know that you have held those accountable? Are you defining what is toxic and what type of behavior will lead to a ban? Is there a banning criteria? These are questions that if answered right could help the site get more users and engagement. 

6 minutes ago, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

Ive never said that Exhale is the only place filled with Toxicity, the whole internet is filled with toxicity. It's almost impossible to avoid. 

I have also never said that I feel animosity towards Exhale. I do personally think it has gotten better here. Im just saying what I have seen said on Facebook groups, and what people have told me as their opinion. 

Im just asking: How are you showing a new potential users that this place is as safe as it can be? How does that new user know this when they come to Exhale for the first time? How do you keep them engaged long term allowing for different view points that aren't toxic in nature? How do you change that old perception of Toxicity? How do you hold Toxic users accountable, and how do non-toxic users know that you have held those accountable? Are you defining what is toxic and what type of behavior will lead to a ban? Is there a banning criteria? These are questions that if answered right could help the site get more users and engagement. 

It’s explicitly stated on the rules of the website. You’ve already been quoted those rules, but you shot them down for not being a “mission statement.” As far as keeping new users engaged that’s completely up to them. I created this account in March and seeked out topics I found interesting, engaged with others and created my own content. We don’t have to hold everyone’s hands to become active but we can be here to support them when they do post and engage with them if it’s something worth engaging 

• Love 1

Billy B posted a tweet about a random thread on BH? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Was this supposed thread written by Jordan or a mod? I doubt it. Is it still on the site? I can't even find it. Did he even see such thread? I doubt it, since it's nowhere to be found. 

You seem like a try hard, Billy. If you're friends with her, then go help her! Be there for her! But this kind of behavior only makes you look desperate for attention!

BH has improved so much. There were some hard times, when people used to bash everyone like crazy, and trolls made many fans leave because they couldn't take it, but lately it really feels like we're really here for Britney. There's a lot of speculation, but it's never reported as news, or mainpaged, because at the end of the day people come here to discuss what's on their minds about Britney or pop in general. That's how these type of forums work, isn't it? What's more important, I see Jordan takes criticism and feedback, and is willing to apply it. 

Anyway, we should move on. Maybe Billy will stop using Britney for attention, and we can just go back to our regular lives. :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s explicitly stated on the rules of the website. You’ve already been quoted those rules, but you shot them down for not being a “mission statement.” As far as keeping new users engaged that’s completely up to them. I created this account in March and seeked out topics I found interesting, engaged with others and created my own content. We don’t have to hold everyone’s hands to become active but we can be here to support them when they do post and engage with them if it’s something worth engaging 

Those rules aren't that comprehensive, and there should still be a mission statement. No one is asking you to hold hands to make people active, but the goal of this site is for engagement, longer engagement means more revenue for the site owner. I am just trying to help BH and Jordan be more successful with good solid recommendations. 

Anyways, everyone enjoy your weekend. Im logging off :) 

I'm just going to give my two cents, in comparison to Britney's instagram Breatheheavy is sunshine and rainbows. I can't at people saying this place is negative, sure it may have been in the past but this place is lightyears better and is the most positive it has ever been - I feel like I can say this as i've been here since 2007/2008.

I don't know why people get their kicks out of bashing this place, we love Britney here. I genuinely find it SO difficult to look at the comments on Britney's instagram, i've never seen such horrible comments in my life. For someone to say Britney is allegedly so effected by comments specifically from here is suss to me because her instagram comments are so disgusting and she is likely to have more direct access to her instagram than here. It's actually upsetting looking at the comments on her instagram posts. I really can't fathom anyone saying she finds this place so bad, it wouldn't make sense compared to her insta.

Billy's comments now make me think that she doesn't visit BH because she'd see a massive difference of mainly positive comments here in comparison to her instagram.

People need to give BH a chance and move on from it's past reputation. I hope Britney comes here one day and sees how much we love her and support her <3

• Love 4
  • Leader
11 minutes ago, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

Those rules aren't that comprehensive, and there should still be a mission statement. No one is asking you to hold hands to make people active, but the goal of this site is for engagement, longer engagement means more revenue for the site owner. I am just trying to help BH and Jordan be more successful with good solid recommendations. 

Anyways, everyone enjoy your weekend. Im logging off :) 

I hear you my friend, and appreciate this! I really like the idea of a mission statement. I actually made one for the BH Community when that launched last year RIP. 

It was: “We foster, nourish and inspire music communities.”

But now that some time has passed, I don't like it and it doesn't feel accurate. I need to think this one over. Suggestions are appreciated as well! 

• Love 1
  • Leader
59 minutes ago, Mantequilla said:

Billy B posted a tweet about a random thread on BH? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Was this supposed thread written by Jordan or a mod? I doubt it. Is it still on the site? I can't even find it. Did he even see such thread? I doubt it, since it's nowhere to be found. 

You seem like a try hard, Billy. If you're friends with her, then go help her! Be there for her! But this kind of behavior only makes you look desperate for attention!

BH has improved so much. There were some hard times, when people used to bash everyone like crazy, and trolls made many fans leave because they couldn't take it, but lately it really feels like we're really here for Britney. There's a lot of speculation, but it's never reported as news, or mainpaged, because at the end of the day people come here to discuss what's on their minds about Britney or pop in general. That's how these type of forums work, isn't it? What's more important, I see Jordan takes criticism and feedback, and is willing to apply it. 

Anyway, we should move on. Maybe Billy will stop using Britney for attention, and we can just go back to our regular lives. :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I'm just going to give my two cents, in comparison to Britney's instagram Breatheheavy is sunshine and rainbows. I can't at people saying this place is negative, sure it may have been in the past but this place is lightyears better and most positive it has ever been - I feel like I can say this as i've been here since 2007/2008.

I don't know why people get their kicks out of bashing this place, we love Britney here. I genuinely find it SO difficult to look at the comments on Britney's instagram, i've never seen such horrible comments in my life. For someone to say Britney is allegedly so effected by comments specifically from here is suss to me because her instagram comments are so disgusting and she is likely to have more direct access to her instagram than here. It's actually upsetting looking at the comments on her instagram posts. I really can't fathom anyone saying she finds this place so bad, it wouldn't make sense compared to her insta.

Billy's comments now make me think that she doesn't visit BH because she'd see a massive difference of mainly positive comments here in comparison to her instagram.

People need to give BH a chance and move on from it's past reputation. I hope Britney comes here one day and sees how much we love her and support her <3

I think at this point, actions are going to speak louder than words. In a few years' time, if things remain on the same trajectory, less and less people will focus on the past's toxicity, and will instead see we changed. My god I hate ****ing waiting lol, but we'll have to wait and see. 

• Love 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:46 PM, Cinderella85 said:

But what if when they are new Britney fans? Or they just like her work but they are not so much interested into her privat life?

On 10/6/2020 at 1:50 PM, PokemonSpears said:

well that's the downside, but we just can't keep giving free entry to all these people and let them get away with it

Don't forget Jordan wants this to not be exclusively to Brit so some people might not be able to answer Britney questions. I think this is an interesting idea though. Maybe have a test and also another option as in "Are you a new fan?", "Are you here for other sections? (meaning not 100% a Brit fan)", etc

3 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Don't forget Jordan wants this to not be exclusively to Brit so some people might not be able to answer Britney questions. I think this is an interesting idea though. Maybe have a test and also another option as in "Are you a new fan?", "Are you here for other sections? (meaning not 100% a Brit fan)", etc

well, of course, it would be exclusively for the Britney section of the forum

• Love 1