BLACKPINK's "The Album" debut at #2 on Billboard 200 and UK Albums Chart

Invitation

• Content Curators
54 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And we all know Dua’s song is the real standout track. Anyways I don’t get their hype since I grew up with the OGs GG and 2NE1, but Lovesick Girls is an anthem :neydedance_purple:

Sour Candy disappointed me so much after all the high expectations Kiss and Make Up gave me.

• Love 2

I'm done with albums selling 17k and getting the number 1 spot over an album that sold close to 100k. Never the less congrats to the girls they deserve all the success and love they receive. They truly are 1 of the hardest working musical acts around. I recently watched thier Japan Tokyo Dome performances and was shocked that they performed their songs in Japanese and English for those fans. The effort and quality they put into their projects is truly admirable. 

• Love 3
On 10/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, King Sleezy Style said:

Why would you call your album the album? The charts are saying otherwise. :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

From an outside perspective it was definitely ambitious to name the album that way lol 

But anyone who loves k-pop knows that it’s been an uphill battle with Blackpinks recording label. They have been out for a few years now, and they just kept releasing EP’s. The fans were demanding an actual album, which was long overdue. I’m not sure if that’s the reason why it was named “the album”, but I’m gonna go ahead and convince myself that that’s the truth 😂😂😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, bas che said:

Kpop? I honestly don’t know if they fit in Kpop as a genre. Koreans don’t support / don’t identify with BLACKPINK and BTS as they are catered to western audiences. 

Oh yes, totally, that's why they've been the most popular girl group in korea along with "Twice" and that Lisa from Blackpink won 2019 Instagram Awards in Korea and was awarded as “Most Beloved Person” in 2019. That's truly because "koreans don't support / don't identify with Blackpink". :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

Also "kpop" is a term used to refer to several genres of music that comes from south korea. So yes Blackpink fits in kpop. :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

• Love 2
On 10/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, OnlyBeyonce said:

First of all i live in Italy and here they are completely irrelevant :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:
Second i have witnessed the prime of Britney and the entire world was bow down to her so this local act can't even compete :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

P.S i'm not a part of Parkwood Entertainment so i don't know why i'm supposed to give a **** about Beyoncé and her awards :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

But i'm happy for you if you have seen the bills of those awards :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

???

In Italy the album is #17 rn, idk what you are talking about

https://www.fimi.it/top-of-the-music/classifiche.kl#/charts/1

• Love 1
On 10/8/2020 at 10:34 PM, CarelessDiva said:

They are actually pretty good. Idk why people hate on them. Their videos are so good. You dont need to know Korean to get what they are saying. Their streams are high bc their production is wild ontop of pretty decent dancing. I think they are very similar to britney when it comes to skill and use of production. A group is hard to compare to her though

Love your explanation, very well said. You slay, diva!  :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:   :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:   :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block