BLACKPINK's "The Album" debut at #2 on Billboard 200 and UK Albums Chart

Invitation

3 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

is it me or these charts are completely irrelevant these days? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: These artists don't impact anymore on general public 

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Except they are relevant. I am not a BLACKPINK stan but to say they don't impact the general public is grossly inaccurate and an ignorant.

Their views on Youtube alone go up to 500 million for multiple videos. Not everything is inflated like what you keep pushing.

And for a Beyoncé stan, who literally buys her awards, you sure are quick to put down artists who you think are inflating their numbers. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

I am a Blackpink fan but no, it is not inaccurate. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

The huge number of views comes from fans repeatedly streaming the song, the general public don't know Blackpink has a new album out nor do they care. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I don't mind because the more chances of getting photocards the merrier. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 4

I am so happy for them. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

It's so funny because in here and all around me, a lot of people are talking about blackpink, how they are irrevelant, how their sound is "basic", how no one is interested, how they "all have the same face" (racist) and that all of their songs sound the exact same (which is to me a racist follow up from the "face comment") :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

and still they are predicted #2 with a great album and great songs !! :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

They sure are not at a "prime Britney" level or else, but still they are making noise worldwide and it's a very big deal for kpop. 

Honestly we can like them or not, but I don't see how we can say what they do is bad with such high level dance skill, production and videos. It's like saying "prime Britney" can't dance or that Toxic has a basic music video. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

I think some people have a very hard time seeing flawless korean woman taking the spotlight and it shows. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The part about the songs does not seem racist to me but I don't entirely agree with it. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I don't think it's racist as it is, but I think it comes from the same place as the "they all have the same face" comment. 

Like I heard several people saying that the album is basically the same track 8 times which is non-sens. And when you bring up the "Just dance/poker face" similarities then "it's not the same thing". If you dig a little bit into the "same track everytime" comment you found double standards and BS. 

• Love 4
  • Content Curators
45 minutes ago, electricopop said:

Question, does HYLT and IC does not count as official singles? Why Lovesick Girls is being called a "lead single" when it's not?

Before HYLT came out, they called it a pre-release single in an announcement.

In K-pop, I believe they call the single that comes out the same day as the album as the title track of the album.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 10/5/2020 at 12:41 AM, Cheshire-B said:

I am so happy for them. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

It's so funny because in here and all around me, a lot of people are talking about blackpink, how they are irrevelant, how their sound is "basic", how no one is interested, how they "all have the same face" (racist) and that all of their songs sound the exact same (which is to me a racist follow up from the "face comment") :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

and still they are predicted #2 with a great album and great songs !! :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

They sure are not at a "prime Britney" level or else, but still they are making noise worldwide and it's a very big deal for kpop. 

Honestly we can like them or not, but I don't see how we can say what they do is bad with such high level dance skill, production and videos. It's like saying "prime Britney" can't dance or that Toxic has a basic music video. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

I think some people have a very hard time seeing flawless korean woman taking the spotlight and it shows. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

Kpop? I honestly don’t know if they fit in Kpop as a genre. Koreans don’t support / don’t identify with BLACKPINK and BTS as they are catered to western audiences. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bas che said:

Kpop? I honestly don’t know if they fit in Kpop as a genre. Koreans don’t support / don’t identify with BLACKPINK and BTS as they are catered to western audiences. 

That is extremely false. "Dynamite" is an English song, and it's been dominating Korean charts since its release. Furthermore, "Lovesick Girls" is #2 on most Korean real time charts as we speak. Also, this:

Both BLACKPINK and BTS are two of the biggest groups in Korea, and every time they release something every other artist can completely forget about winning awards on Korean music shows for like 3 weeks because they dominate the charts (in terms of both physical and digital sales). These days, they don't even perform on Korean music shows that much, yet they still get win after win. :typing_keyboard_computer: 

Just to explain what "music shows" are - there's like 6 different Korean music shows that air every day of the week (except Monday). Idols perform on these shows and compete for 1st place (there's a point system, which involves voting, sales, views, participation and so on). :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

When BTS release, pretty much every song on the album charts on Korean real time charts, which is insane. Currently, there are like 15 BTS songs charting on the biggest Korean real time chart, and the album all those songs come from came out in FEBRUARY. :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

That is extremely false. "Dynamite" is an English song, and it's been dominating Korean charts since its release. Furthermore, "Lovesick Girls" is #2 on most Korean real time charts as we speak. Also, this:

Both BLACKPINK and BTS are two of the biggest groups in Korea, and every time they release something every other artist can completely forget about winning awards on Korean music shows for like 3 weeks because they dominate the charts (in terms of both physical and digital sales). These days, they don't even perform on Korean music shows that much, yet they still get win after win. :typing_keyboard_computer: 

Just to explain what "music shows" are - there's like 6 different Korean music shows that air every day of the week (except Monday). Idols perform on these shows and compete for 1st place (there's a point system, which involves voting, sales, views, participation and so on). :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

When BTS release, pretty much every song on the album charts on Korean real time charts, which is insane. Currently, there are like 15 BTS songs charting on the biggest Korean real time chart, and the album all those songs come from came out in FEBRUARY. :eyes_britney_laugh:

Wow you clearly did your homework. My original claim was based on what my Kpop Stan friends tell me which clearly isn’t the truth. Thank you.

• Love 2

They are actually pretty good. Idk why people hate on them. Their videos are so good. You dont need to know Korean to get what they are saying. Their streams are high bc their production is wild ontop of pretty decent dancing. I think they are very similar to britney when it comes to skill and use of production. A group is hard to compare to her though

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block