Lana Del Rey gets backlash for wearing mesh face mask at fan meet and greet

• Leader

Lana Del Rey hosted a signing at a Barnes & Noble in LA on Friday for her new poetry book, Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass.

She wore a non-functional (basically decorative) face mask, and the Internet had a lot to say.

Apparently the health department shut the event down soon after it started.

Lana, sis. I- 

How do we feel about this, Exhale? 

EjXAe-pWsAAvE4u?format=jpg&name=large

EjXlWuEXsAI8lrG?format=jpg&name=large

EjXfsRMXYAAEWdD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Related:

lana-mask.jpg.fb6746d9dcc37fb8a18813565489e135.jpg

Just now, Roxxy said:

Lana... girl, you shoulda known better. I hate having to wear a mask cause I get lipgloss on it, but I still wear them and not go with the fashionable ones cause I still want to be responsible. We should all be responsible. It's the only way we can win against COVID-19 - if we all work together. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Be responsible... Wash your hands and stay home if you are symptomatic.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

I went to a gay bar last night for the first time since March.  It was funny how you had to wear a mask while standing but no mask while sitting.  This is all a compliance test.

The only places i've been to since March... the grocery, the hospital, and my Mom's house. :comingthru_britney_circus_2008_boobs_chest_smile_walking_hat_happy:

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

The only places i've been to since March... the grocery, the hospital, and my Mom's house. :comingthru_britney_circus_2008_boobs_chest_smile_walking_hat_happy:

The hospital is the most likely place you could catch it.  I am not saying COVID is fake but I think common sense is necessary.  We have to stop expecting a human savior via the media or politics.  Who knows how long this mask stigma will stick around now?  I will say that criminals are benefitting from masks being allowed.  I know people who have been ******** and robbed this year by people wearing medical masks and nobody knows who did it because of that.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

The hospital is the most likely place you could catch it.  I am not saying COVID is fake but I think common sense is necessary.  We have to stop expecting a human savior via the media or politics.  Who knows how long this mask stigma will stick around now?  I will say that criminals are benefitting from masks being allowed.  I know people who have been ******** and robbed this year by people wearing medical masks and nobody knows who did it because of that.  

It wasn't my choice to go to the hospital, jordeezy. I didn't walk in there to pay a friend a visit or say hello to a handsome doctor. I was hospitalized. :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I wear masks because it is a responsible thing to do to protect myself and others around me. Especially around older people or people with challenged immune system, it is just a sign of respect really. Also people can also rob you with bandannas on and they have been doing it since forever :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block