Listen to this savage diss for Both Tommy and Jlo for sabotaging glitter.

Spicechinodiva

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's imagine that Jlo and Tommy didn't sabotage Glitter, i honestly doubt it would have been much bigger than it ended up being...Her fans are a bit delusional

Loverboy is forgettable, even the original version with the sample isn't that memorable compared to songs like Fantasy, Heartbreaker, Honey etc

The political, cultural and social context in which it was released is what ruined the era, Glitter was released during the whole 11 september terrorist attack event, it got overshadowed by 9.11

People were also kinda getting tired of Mariah in 2001, she was getting #1s hits from front to back since 1990 , she was over exposed.

Nobody's saying that had Motorola & Cvnt not sabotaged her, she would've got another Music Box in terms of success. I personally, believe she was bound to flop at some point, it's inevitable, what goes up must come down, it's the law of nature. But that should've happened in "normal" circumstances. Let's look at Katy Perry, Witness was a massive commercial disappointment (for her then standards, of course). However, her label did her right, she had a promo campaign, a normal album roll out. I'm willing to bet mad money they did everything so Katy would not flop, because her success would bring them money. It is a business. They were on her part. Whereas Mimi was done dirty. First of all, it was not professional on Tommy's part to steal from Mariah and he did so by abusing his position. A contract was tying them, a contract in light of which they were business partners. Yet he went ahead and mercilessly backstabbed his client. Yes, she got the chance to promote the album and all that, but you can't tell me he was not pushing Jafar Lopes harder (him stealing that sample is a solid enough proof for me) while promoting her as a direct competitor of Mariah. 

He was bitter and obsessive and I assume he only accepted to continue to work with Mimi just so he could sneakily sabotage her. A wise, pure hearted man with solid morals would have admitted it was hard for him to let go and working together would only make things harder, therefore it was time for them to part ways professionally as well (it was painfully obvious he was not willing to invest in her as much). What I don't understand is why Mimi didn't fight to break free since she damn well knew the type of person she was dealing with. He is a control freak who was holding her hostage, of course he's gonna be vengeful. But she was naïve and didn't read between the lines to grasp his philosophy: if I can't have you then I will destroy you. At least that's what I get from his childish behavior.  

Also, nobody has the right to tell Mimi she should move on. The entire situation at hand had, first and foremost, a toll on her mental health. The most traumatizing aspect of it all, I believe, was not the commercial failure per se, but the feeling somebody (Motorola and his puta) was out to get her. She most likely got to the point where she was extremely paranoid and Glitter tanking simply alimented her fears. Who knows what was going on in her head when everything was falling apart around her? Refinej's success when she was free-falling on the charts didn't help either as in her mind she might have thought that the enemies were succeeding in taking her down. She probably felt hopeless (I also get the feeling she was afraid of Tommy even before he made his move) and was slowly drowning in despair (which is a very dangerous state of mind). It is not anyone's place to tell someone how they should deal with something, especially on an emotional level. Mariah is a very strong person, in the end she gloriously pulled through. But if Jafar's name is a trigger that takes her back to murky times, then it's her prerogative to hold a grunge. Especially since Lupus built her underserved career on Mariah's back, kind of. If Motorola was not a sh111t person, Jafar wouldn't have made it out the blocks as he wouldn't have needed someone to pin against Mimi. In a perfect world, he would have understood it just didn't work out romantically and would have let her spread her wings and fly ('cause that's what her soul was yearning for). You can't force love, it hurts, but with acceptance comes growth. But I divert. 

At the end of the day, Glitter might have flopped the same, it might have been a smash. We'll never know, but it doesn't even matter. They played a dirty game, that's where lies the problem.  They should be ashamed of themselves to this very day tbh :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

20 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

And this is why I love Mariah. Never afraid to speak her truth. However, she should have had a real conversation with JLo about the whole situation 'cause, I believe, she did not ask to be part of this mess. No matter how fake or real she is. 

I don't think she wants to, Jlo had a massive deal with Sony the same time it was announced in 2015 that Mariah had come back home to Sony Music as well.

Jlo And her team basically rearranged the Sony contract into a singles deal instead of the four Album deal..

I did notice she's with universal music now. Maluma is with Sony Latin. Jlo did indeed leave Sony cos of Mariah. 

It's been said. It was only Sony willing to sign Mariah as most labels refused to Sign her given how fast after Mimi she saw a Huge commercial decline as usual. 

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I don't think she wants to, Jlo had a massive deal with Sony the same time it was announced in 2015 that Mariah had come back home to Sony Music as well.

Jlo And her team basically rearranged the Sony contract into a singles deal instead of the four Album deal..

I did notice she's with universal music now. Maluma is with Sony Latin. Jlo did indeed leave Sony cos of Mariah. 

It's been said. It was only Sony willing to sign Mariah as most labels refused to Sign her given how fast after Mimi she saw a Huge commercial decline as usual. 

Didn’t her decline begin with memoirs of an imperfect angel and NOT Mimi? Or am I reading this incorrectly? Sorry haha

4 hours ago, alexxxx said:

Didn’t her decline begin with memoirs of an imperfect angel and NOT Mimi? Or am I reading this incorrectly? Sorry haha

It began with Memoirs. 

Though for some international countries it began with 2008's E=MC² as many felt they were trying to duplicate the Mimi album throughout the entire album 

Archived