Jump to content

Top 10 Decade Defining Musical Acts of the 00s


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Especially her dance skill. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Tbh I don’t think her (beyonce) dance skills are overrated. N I’m not a beyonce mega Stan either like that.

I feel Britney’s 2000-2004 era slightly beats beyonce dance abilities. But Beyoncé stepped up her game after the release of 4. With girls. And now we live in a day we’re most pop stars don’t even dance at all or give a overtop show and beyonce still does that and only got better as time went on. 
I think to say she’s not one of the best dancers around now would be hating. Bc the girl kills it on stage it’s obvious.. Nothing with denying the truth. But back then clearly Britney was clearly the better dancer, the Janet type hard hitting front runner but she’s not as much anymore and that’s ok. But again no one really dances like that anymore so to say her dance skill is overrated it’s not. There’s not many stars doing what she’s doing except jlo. Beyonce and sometimes Britney.
 

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Tbh I don’t think her (beyonce) dance skills are overrated. N I’m not a beyonce mega Stan either like that.

I feel Britney’s 2000-2004 era slightly beats beyonce dance abilities. But Beyoncé stepped up her game after the release of 4. With girls. And now we live in a day we’re most pop stars don’t even dance at all or give a overtop show and beyonce still does that and only got better as time went on. 
I think to say she’s not one of the best dancers around now would be hating. Bc the girl kills it on stage it’s obvious.. Nothing with denying the truth. But back then clearly Britney was clearly the better dancer, the Janet type hard hitting front runner but she’s not as much anymore and that’s ok. But again no one really dances like that anymore so to say her dance skill is overrated it’s not. There’s not many stars doing what she’s doing except jlo. Beyonce and sometimes Britney.
 

Her stage presence is what stands out in my opinion, not her dancing. She's a way better vocalist than dancer and I do not think it's hating to say that. I do think she was far off from being how Britney was performing back then, dance-wise because just look at the choreography Britney used to do. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

She's not a bad dancer but in my opinion, she's not one of the best, overall either, however now a days she probably is so. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

It's your opinion that she's not an overrated dancer, it's mine that she is we just disagree which is fine. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thats really the harsh truth too unfortunately. A male rapper/rockstar will always get more credit than a female pop star. Heck, even Avril did not make it to the list

Yes sadly. but also remember that Watchmojo is the pinacle of trashy, disposable and useless clickbait youtube business channels, please keep your brain cells and don't pay attention to their soulless cash-grabbing videos. They're completely lacking any personal style and totally predictable, the top spots are the very definition of "vanilla-taste", trying to appeal to the most people possible.Look at any of their movie-based lists. They literally do zero research. First of all, they sometimes get entire plotlines wrong.

They literally make lists of almost everything. They upload like five videos a day and most of them are pointless or ****.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Confirmed WatchMojo is on Beyoncé’s payroll. And for those who deny Hilegend Duff’s impact watch this video :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: Queen Britney defined the 00’s no matter what WatchFlopjo says :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: 

 

Queen Britney stays unbothered as the greatest female artist of the 00s

Lets not too forget :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud::

 

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Yes sadly. but also remember that Watchmojo is the pinacle of trashy, disposable and useless clicknait youtube business channels, please keep your brain cells and don't pay attention to their soulless cash-grabbing videos. They're completely lacking any personal style and totally predictable, the top spots are the very definition of "vanilla-taste", trying to appeal to the most people possible.Look at any of their movie-based lists. They literally do zero research. First of all, they sometimes get entire plotlines wrong.

They literally make lists of almost everything. They upload like five videos a day and most of them are pointless or ****.

Not you going on a full-on-trashing on Mojo :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

Its quite once in a blue moon, when they finally do a good list, like for example:-

Also what do you think of Beyonce being ranked in the top 3 above Britney?

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

But what about Eminem? Britney wasn't bigger than him in the 00s, right? Eminem was her only competition

And how on earth did Beyonce go so high, was Beyonce more popular than Britney in the 00s? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

She wasnt. When this vid was created all the YT and the media were still riding the Beyonce hype train. Liking beyonce was somehow cool just a few years ago. She faded now, new generations dont give a ****

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

She wasnt. When this vid was created all the YT and the media were still riding the Beyonce hype train. Liking beyonce was somehow cool just a few years ago. She faded now, new generations dont give a ****

OH YES! The year 2013, when she released Self-titled, the very moment she became incredibly over-hyped

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I feel like this list is more so ranking them based on they’re overall legacy which is dumb. There’s no way Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Radiohead were bigger than Britney! I really don’t get how Radiohead can even be ahead of Linkin Park, Coldplay, and Green Day? I honestly don’t get why Green Day is on the list. I mean American idiot was big, but that’s it. I get they’re trying to include different genres... but Xtina, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Gwen Stefani, Fergie, the black eyed peas, even Carrie Underwood were bigger in the 2000s than I feel like Jay Z, Radiohead, and Green Day were... 

 

honestly, my top 10 would be 

1. Britney

2. Xtina 

3. Beyonce/Destiny’s Child 

4. Kelly Clarkson 

5. Avril Lavigne 

6. Justin Timberlake/NSYNC 

7. The *****cat Dolls 

8. Rihanna 

9. Carrie Underwood 

10. Lady Gaga (it may have been only a couple years, but she was THE artist of those couple years) 

obviously I’m biased to pop. But their list just doesn’t speak to me. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not you going on a full-on-trashing on Mojo :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

Its quite once in a blue moon, when they finally do a good list, like for example:-

Also what do you think of Beyonce being ranked in the top 3 above Britney?

Their content is entertaining i guess but , they don't have any more credibility in the industry than websites like Buzzfeed or ThatGrapeJuice.. Their videos are taken from Twitter threads, Reddit etc. The content is quite uneven and inconsistent. There must be several interns finding these lists and reposting them on their channel.  As for Beyoncé being ranked higher than Britney, I personally think she may have had some "impact" in the mid to late-2000s, but Britney was indisputedly the biggest female celebrity of the late 90s and early 2000s. And even when she wasn't making any music she was always extremely present in the medias and tabloids, for better of worse. It made her became a social and cultural phenomenon that transcended her former popstar statue. Which isn't the case for Beyoncé imo. I also think Rihanna had more memorable moments than Beyoncé.

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Their content is entertaining i guess but , they don't have any more credibility in the industry than websites like Buzzfeed or ThatGrapeJuice.. Their videos are taken from Twitter threads, Reddit etc. The content is quite uneven and inconsistent. There must be several interns finding these lists and reposting them on their channel.  As for Beyoncé being ranked higher than Britney, I personally think she may have had some "impact" in the mid to late-2000s, but Britney was indisputedly the biggest female celebrity of the late 90s and early 2000s. And even when she wasn't making any music she was always extremely present in the medias and tabloids, for better of worse. It made her became a social and cultural phenomenon that transcended her former popstar statue. Which isn't the case for Beyoncé imo. I also think Rihanna had more memorable moments than Beyoncé.

 

This. Beyonce does not even have a Hollywood Walk of Fame award unlike Britney who already achieved one when she was just 22, and 6 years into her career.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

This. Beyonce does not even have a Hollywood Walk of Fame award unlike Britney who already achieved one when she was just 22, and 6 years into her career.

Totally. Britney had a huuuge media peak. She was as famous as Bieber, Trump or the Kardashians/Jenners can be these days. There was a "Britney mania". It wasn't just about Britney's career as a popstar, people had an unhealthy obsession concerning her whole life/existence.  Beyoncé never created as much infatuation, fascination, hatred, or indignation as Britney did. It was like following a real life soap opera. She was a representation of the american dream turning into a nightmare. We grew up with her, we related to her, we were rooting for her. Beyoncé is boring as a person in comparaison. I feel like Bey is a forced persona.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sales? If thats so, then Britney should be 4th! Britney is the 4th Best-Selling Artist of the 2000s and the Best-Selling Female Act of the 00s!

 

10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Also keep in mind @GMFlop that Britney had 3 albums in the 00s over 10 million sales and 1 over 5 million sales. She has the second-best selling album of the 00s and already sold 63 million records in the 00s alone. She is a powerhouse seller, so how could she still be so low in the list? not to mention the impact, phenomenon, and pop dream she was back in the 2000s

I guess I was wrong then. Besides, watchmojo = zero credibility so just take it as grain of salt. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I still think she should have been top 2, how was radiohead bigger than Britney?

Not popularity wise. That's like saying Tame Impala was more popular than Rihanna in the 2010s. Tame Impala is highly praises in the rock scene, produced (the lead artist Kevin Parker) Travis Scott's Astroworld album and Rihanna covered their song for her Anti album...but never had a single "hit" song. Sell well but nothing huge. But they're highly influential.

Radiohead was huge in the indie and non popular rock scene. They're highly, highly acclaimed. Won album of the year but they sold 1-3 million copies per album when other big artists were selling 7-10 million per album.

Idk if that makes sense 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, popprison said:

Not popularity wise. That's like saying Tame Impala was more popular than Rihanna in the 2010s. Tame Impala is highly praises in the rock scene, produced (the lead artist Kevin Parker) Travis Scott's Astroworld album and Rihanna covered their song for her Anti album...but never had a single "hit" song. Sell well but nothing huge. But they're highly influential.

Radiohead was huge in the indie and non popular rock scene. They're highly, highly acclaimed. Won album of the year but they sold 1-3 million copies per album when other big artists were selling 7-10 million per album.

Idk if that makes sense 

Well okay, thats fine too, but top 10 for Britney was quite low and undeserving. Britney deserved top 4 and even top 3.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Mojo? Idk her. seriously though this list is flawed:

Eminem is influential so is Jay Z so their inclusion is understandable. Coldplay too, they were like the Adele of the 00s in terms of sales and radio AirPlay. 

Radiohead did not really peak in 00s. They belong to the 90s if u ask me.

Beyoncé was big in 00s but did not establish her god status until 2014 onwards so she shouldnt be ranked this high.

Lady Gaga came into the scene very late in the 00s so she didn’t get a lot of mileage to be on the list. In 2010s she has proven her longevity, versatility, impact and influence though.

Green Day has a good time in the early 00s mainly in the US. Globally they weren’t that present so I wouldn’t include them.

JT had just two albums in that decade so idk if he qualifies tbh. There were so many other artists to replace half of that list; Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani, U2, Avril Lavigne,  Black Eyed Peas, Pink, Maroon 5, Norah Jones, Shakira, Akon, Gorillaz among others. 

 

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 10/3/2020 at 8:13 AM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

What a fuc king Snub. Britney and Eminem should have been Top 2. Though between she and him I’m honestly not sure who to put at #1. They’re quite equal in terms of iconicness and being huge pop culture staples. 
 

Has Eminem ever said anything about her music? They’re such polarizing artists, and sometimes  I wonder what other artist think about her music.

He didn’t have to say anything. He had a whole music video as a parody about her and other celebrities iirc

Link to comment

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...