Top 10 Decade Defining Musical Acts of the 00s

Sounds about right tbh even though brit was bigger than bey in the beginning... although destiny's child + beyoncé always had better charting singles. Plus it's random seeing radiohead there. They were a huge band but didn't have any hits in 2000s at all..they're not even a hit type of band although their albums sold well and they're considered very original, pioneers and so on 

31 minutes ago, popprison said:

Sounds about right tbh even though brit was bigger than bey in the beginning... although destiny's child + beyoncé always had better charting singles. Plus it's random seeing radiohead there. They were a huge band but didn't have any hits in 2000s at all..they're not even a hit type of band although their albums sold well and they're considered very original, pioneers and so on 

I still think she should have been top 2, how was radiohead bigger than Britney?

3 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

You can’t say 2000’s without Gwen Stefani. 

1. gwen

2. shakira

3. Fergie 

5. Nelly Furtado

6. Kylie Minogue

7. Avril 

All the other acts that were impactful transcended the decades.  These artists I felt represented a specific time period that they got to live out their prime and pretty much expired after that.

MTE! Hollaback Girls and Sweet Escape is one of the most memorable songs of the mid-00s. she atleast deserved a honourable mention. Nobody deserved the top 2 over Eminem and Britney, nobody ever could imitate the fame, impact, sales and star power Britney and Eminem held back in their prime in the 00s. So i dont see how they put 4 artist above her, that were clearly not as famous as she is.

:weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:Watchmojo sucks. They don't even bother to research their top lists. They usually just throw random things in random positions.

:teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:Radiohead being more defining than Green Day and Linkin Park in 00s?

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Justin TImberlake even being in the list despite the fact that his career was peaking for like ~2 years max? Gwen? Madonna? Nelly Furtado? RIHANNA? I-

:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:Britney had 5 super influental albums but Blackout alone should make her at least top 3. Beyoncé deserves top 10 position for sure but not top 5 lol

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

What do you think @Hooked-On-Knee? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

If I'm being honest with you, Britney at least in my experience with the people I've met who are around my age is a lot more known than Eminem however considering how many albums he sold in the 2000s, it's fine. Britney should be at least #2, Gaga shouldn't be on this list in my opinion and Destiny's child as a group would have been a better choice than Beyonce the solo artist. Britney has so many songs that are considered classics no matter what their chart position was... i.e. even my mom remembers the lyrics to I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman and that didn't exactly chart well on the Billboard Hot 100 and she's not a Britney fan. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Oops!... I Did It Again, Stronger, Overprotected, I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman, Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, etc all of these songs could have been played to me before I was a Britney fan and I would have recognized them even though I am a part of the younger generation. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The only Beyonce singles I can remember right now as someone who's a part of the younger generation are the singles from I Am... Sasha Fierce. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

If I'm being honest with you, Britney at least in my experience with the people I've met who are around my age is a lot more known than Eminem however considering how many albums he sold in the 2000s, it's fine. Britney should be at least #2, Gaga shouldn't be on this list in my opinion and Destiny's child as a group would have been a better choice than Beyonce the solo artist. Britney has so many songs that are considered classics no matter what their chart position was... i.e. even my mom remembers I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman and that didn't exactly chart well on the Billboard Hot 100. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Oops!... I Did It Again, Stronger, Overprotected, I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman, Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, etc all of these songs could have been played to me before I was a Britney fan and I would have recognized them even though I am a part of the younger generation. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The only Beyonce singles I can remember right now as someone who's a part of the younger generation are the singles from I Am... Sasha Fierce. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

What were they thinking when they put Beyonce at top 3 and Britney at #6? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Do they have Beyonce deluded stans do such list like these? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

People like to overhype Beyonce. She's not a bad artist by no means and is very skilled but her skills are often exaggerated. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

1 minute ago, Stannedforever said:

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:It's harsh cold truth that if you don't praise Beyoncé in these top lists and award shows, her fans make sure that you'll regret it 

Oh well, atleast the smart and unbiased stans (like us :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:) who dont need payola, know the harsh cold truth for the beyhive but we dont wanna say it since it will trigger their snowflake stings :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Spoiler

Lets make our own video of Defining acts of the 00s and we will out her at #2 and shut these rats aka beyhive up :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Look at this list. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:.

Imaging ranking Mariah Carey on this type of list. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I wanna know how much Tommy boo paid Talko.com to say that :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

I am subscribed to them since they cover a ton on #FreeBritney , and be letting the locals know but what is this list :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Mariah, one of the greatest singers of all time does not tolerate this slander :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

10 hours ago, Towelney said:

How is Radiohead more decade-defining than Britney, Gaga, and Beyoncé? 

Radiohead are way more socially acceptable to listen to in public, than Bey/Gaga/Brit, they also have bigger classics than Bey & Gaga, let's not act like Gaga is on par with Radiohead lmao. Maybe expand your musical horizons a little bit. You guys are stuck in your little pop music bubble, most people are ashamed of listening to Britney etc. It's such a sad thing to say but it's the truth.

Radiohead will always look more credible than female popstars ..at least for the GP.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block