Top 10 Decade Defining Musical Acts of the 00s

Also keep in mind @GMFlop that Britney had 3 albums in the 00s over 10 million sales and 1 over 5 million sales. She has the second-best selling album of the 00s and already sold 63 million records in the 00s alone. She is a powerhouse seller, so how could she still be so low in the list? not to mention the impact, phenomenon, and pop dream she was back in the 2000s

• Love 1

This video is also 6 years old I feel since then the Britney hate train has ended and ever since tiktok and these influencers and newer pop stars respect Britney even if only as nostalgia act..she actually gets the respect shes always deserved as opposed to years ago ppl thought she was washed and just fellow peer..  now she’s not a fellow peer but an icon and not just to the Britney fandom but to a lot of gp now, as she’s reached over 20 yrs in the music industry and not many can say or have that achievement and still be relevant. 
We even got a Britney museum and majority of the attendees were die hard fans or influencers who were prob born when Britney came out. That shows her influence as it was cool to go the Britney museum for the gen z-ers.

I feel Beyoncé became more relevant when she rebranded herself after her album 4.  She was always big especially after single ladies but I feel 

But Britney the ran music industry 1999-2009 gaga was the new it girl from 2009-2012 and then Beyoncé has been running it since her eponymous album Beyoncé in 2013.

TL:DR : yes Britney should of been higher on the list. Lol

• Love 2
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

This video is also 6 years old I feel since then the Britney hate train has ended and ever since tiktok and these influencers and newer pop stars respect Britney even if only as nostalgia act..she actually gets the respect shes always deserved as opposed to years ago ppl thought she was washed and just fellow peer..  now she’s not a fellow peer but an icon and not just to the Britney fandom but to a lot of gp now, as she’s reached over 20 yrs in the music industry and not many can say or have that achievement and still be relevant. 
We even got a Britney museum and majority of the attendees were die hard fans or influencers who were prob born when Britney came out. That shows her influence as it was cool to go the Britney museum for the gen z-ers.

I feel Beyoncé became more relevant when she rebranded herself after her album 4.  She was always big especially after single ladies but I feel 

But Britney the ran music industry 1999-2009 gaga was the new it girl from 2009-2012 and then Beyoncé has been running it since her eponymous album Beyoncé in 2013.

TL:DR : yes Britney should of been higher on the list. Lol

Agreed.  Beyoncé was doing big & iconic things but she Didn’t become BEYONCÉ until the surprise release of her self titled album.  

britney should’ve been higher for this time frame.  I also think Pink should’ve been in the top 10 due to her amazing touring record plus a successful album & singles during this time. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, allthat88 said:

Agreed.  Beyoncé was doing big & iconic things but she Didn’t become BEYONCÉ until the surprise release of her self titled album.  

britney should’ve been higher for this time frame.  I also think Pink should’ve been in the top 10 due to her amazing touring record plus a successful album & singles during this time. 

I actually miss pink from that era now that You mention her. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Towelney said:

How are they more decade-defining than Britney, Gaga, and Beyoncé? :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked::lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Eminem was huge in the 00s whatchumean. Besides Britney and Christina he was the only other artist I had to have his album on release date :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: Gaga being on this list for two years is a travesty. She should’ve been on a 10s list with Beyoncé. Beyoncé should’ve been 10 if she was to be included in this list. Beyoncé had zero to little press in school growing up. It was all Britney. Even Christina was more popular for my classmates growing up. Destiny’s Child>Beyoncé 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Eminem was huge in the 00s whatchumean. Besides Britney and Christina he was the only other artist I had to have his album on release date :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: Gaga being on this list for two years is a travesty. She should’ve been on a 10s list with Beyoncé. Beyoncé should’ve been 10 if she was to be included in this list. Beyoncé had zero to little press in school growing up. It was all Britney. Even Christina was more popular for my classmates growing up. Destiny’s Child>Beyoncé 

That too Beyonce only had ONE very big era. Britney had 5 very huge eras that were so huge in the 00s. 

What a fuc king Snub. Britney and Eminem should have been Top 2. Though between she and him I’m honestly not sure who to put at #1. They’re quite equal in terms of iconicness and being huge pop culture staples. 

Has Eminem ever said anything about her music? They’re such polarizing artists, and sometimes  I wonder what other artist think about her music.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block