Top 10 Decade Defining Musical Acts of the 00s

So I recently came across a video from Mojo.com called Greatest Defining Acts of the 00s, and here is the ranking

1. Eminem
  2. Radiohead
  3. Beyonce
  4. Jay-Z
  5. Coldplay
  6. Britney Spears
  7. Linkin Park
  8. Lady Gaga
  9. Green Day
  10. Justin Timberlake

I was really suprised, with the list. Britney was below the top 5? Also didnt mojo have a video called best female artist of the 00s where the ranked Britney above Beyonce? So does that mean Bey should be at #6 and Britney at #3. Top 3 is such a reach for Beyonce. Quite dissapointed with the flop list. 

What do you guys think? I think Britney deserved top 3, i meant she was the best-selling female artist of the 00s selling 83 million records WW, had the greatest hit of the 00s, had the most iconic performance of the 00s, was the most searched celebrity from 2000-2008, had the highest grossing tour of 2009, achieved a Lifetime award, had 2 diamond albums before reaching 20 and being the best-selling act of the year 2000. Whats not there to put her in top 3? SMH? People even want to take away the acheivement of her even owning a decade :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

influ.jpg.4c5326139b520e6d91c7162432fb84f4.jpg

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Britney should be number 1 :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Agreed even when she wasn't releasing music in the 00s, she was still the most talked about celebrity and photos of her alone took up 20% of the media :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: they even called it the Britney economy because how expensive a picture of her was :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: so yes Britney for number 1 for changing the music industry and redefining standards. 

• Love 5
Just now, Thelegendarybritney said:

Agreed even when she wasn't releasing music in the 00s, she was still the most talked about celebrity and photos of her alone took up 20% of the media :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: they even called it the Britney economy because how expensive a picture of her was :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: so yes Britney for number 1 for changing the music industry and redefining standards. 

But what about Eminem? Britney wasn't bigger than him in the 00s, right? Eminem was her only competition

And how on earth did Beyonce go so high, was Beyonce more popular than Britney in the 00s? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not over Eminem, but yes, she deserved #2 :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Chile anyways tiff emote.gif

1 minute ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

They still gon put pictures of my derriere in the magazines, you want a piece of me? :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

What do you guys think? I think Britney deserved top 3, i meant she was the best-selling female artist of the 00s selling 83 million records WW, had the greatest hit of the 00s, had the most iconic performance of the 00s, was the most searched celebrity from 2000-2008, had the highest grossing tour of 2009, achieved a Lifetime award, had 2 diamond albums before reaching 20 and being the best-selling act of the year 2000. Whats not there to put her in top 3? SMH? People even want to take away the acheivement of her even owning a decade :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

unfortunately Britney hasn't the respect of the music industry. She is seen as a product and not as an artist 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

unfortunately Britney hasn't the respect of the music industry. She is seen as a product and not as an artist 

This. She has always been taken as a joke by the GP, to the extent where they even forget her achievements. Nobody did the 00s the way Britney did, and to see people disrespect her is quite sad :( ...

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block