why is the general public pretending to care about britney now

Iced Tea

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, GMFlop said:

What the **** is this thread? 

Just be happy that her situation is being spread to the people. No need to ***** about it. 

It's amazing that this has finally blown up, I hear you.

But I'm not talking about people who were simply unaware of the conservatorship. Ofc you allow for growth, you have to. and they did a good job of keeping it under wraps.

What I am talking about is the people that broke this woman down. Britney was under an incredibly amount of scrutiny for making even the smallest mistake. More than other celebrities

It's just a lot of hypocrisy :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Britney was under so much scrutiny and criticism because at the time Britney, and almost every female celebrity,  wasnt seen as a person in the public eye. She was seen as the embodiment of perfection(gorgeous, rich,could sing and dance) in the eyes of the public she had everything and was throwing it all away. It wasnt untill social media that we got a glimpse of the private life of celebrities,  not that carefully constructed image they upheld in public, and started to see they were human too. Add to that that after 2007 people realize that if britney was struggling the constant hounding of the press only made things much worse. The perception of mental illness has changes o lot in the last 13 years. And the general if they knew about the consevatorship(whick not a lot did), didnt know the exact circumstances 

i think the conversations about mental illness and women have changed a lot during the past three or four years. that helped a lot in Britney's case:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Anyway, we should be happy for her. The GP seems to be on her side for once, and that's something I appreciate as a stan:)

Archived