This Day in Pop: Britney appears as a featured artist on Miley Cyrus' SMS (Bangerz) in 2013 (September 30)

5 hours ago, warioaddams said:

I wonder why It wasn't picked as a single. Both had the same managers at the time. It would have been very controversial.

Rumors floating around at the time suggested Miley wanted to film a music video for it ASAP but Britney couldn’t fit it into her schedule.Β This happened again in 2015 when Giorgio Moroder said he wanted Tom’s Diner to have the full single treatment but talked about how Britney was unavailable due to how busy she was in Vegas. Fans called this reason bull**** because we went in to see Pretty Girls and Glory roll out with music videos and more. There were however rumors that circulated pre-2016 that Britney’s Vegas contact said there were to be no performances outside of Planet HollywoodΒ (including MVs too I guess?)Β 

Β 

with that said this song is a whole *** bop. I was like 16 when this album came out and I remember EVERYONE at school was talking about it. I was extremely indifferent towards SMS when I first heard it but was genuinely shocked to hear that everyone thought it was a good song?! :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

There were however rumors that circulated pre-2016 that Britney’s Vegas contact said there were to be no performances outside of Planet HollywoodΒ (including MVs too I guess?)Β 

which turned out to be false when Larry said they could always go on a tour (as it ultimately happened in 2017).

I guess the exclusivity was just for Vegas, like, she couldn't perform at other venues, but there was never a rule against performing at awards shows, even less making music videos.Β 

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I will never understand why she called this album "Bangerz" and the first song on the tracklist was a slow songΒ :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

The only thing more cringe was the beginning of "Kill The Lights" when Danja say's "We would like to interrupt our program of dance music"....after a ballad ("Out From Under")Β :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

But then again, Larry managed both of these albums. So make of that what you willΒ :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Haha 4
  • 6 months later...

Anyone else feel like Britney was exposing team CON in the lyrics?Β 
Β 

I'm flyin' high upon a bird
Acrophobia
I slicked, caught her eyeing down my purse
Where that dollars at
I let 'em know the rents due on the first (first)

They can call a Hearst , 'cause if there's any violation
I go off with that
Cat-walk, slick-talk, flirtin' with them big dog
Why I need these milli's when I got Billy on the speed dial
You know I'm on the meow
Quick to scratch your eyes out
Strutting on the court, make 'em nervous, calling time out

I think soΒ :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously: