This Day in Pop: Britney appears as a featured artist on Miley Cyrus' SMS (Bangerz) in 2013 (September 30)

bangerz.jpg.7b44e7ed9ed6de31ee540567d8a079ac.jpg316661441046825.jpg

:4music_britney_2011_annoyed_irritated_mad_ff_femme_fatale:

On September 30, 2013, Miley Cyrus' fourth studio album Bangerz was made available for streaming on the iTunes store and iTunes Radio. The album included her singles We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball, which had been released earlier that year.

Track 3, SMS (Bangerz) featured Britney Spears. It was written and produced by Mike Will Made It and Marz, with additional songwriting provided by Cyrus and Sean Garrett. The track incorporates Euro house, electropop and hip hop genres.

The song peaked at #10 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100. Although Miley claimed that she wanted it to be the third single off the album, thank God Adore You was ultimately the chosen one and SMS was never officially a single. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

Miley performed the song on her Bangerz Tour

As for the album, Bangerz peaked at #1 on the BB200 in the US, and it also topped the charts of Argentina, Mexico, Canada, UK, among other countries.

• Love 3

Britney's verse is the only part of the song that I like. On a related note, I can't believe this song flopped considering that it was a Miley song in 2013 featuring the Princess of Pop. And I know it wasn't a single, but still; even Drive managed to make it into the Hot 100 despite no promo.

discussion] Is this lady obese or curvy? - The Lounge - ATRL

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I can't be sitting 'round here waiting on a man to tell me where the frock my seat be at, where Mike Will at? :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:
#JusticeForSMSBangerz

Omg yes SMS Bangerz is a bop

I'm flying high up on a bird, acrophobiac

I slick, caught her eyeing down my purse, where the dollars at? :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Britney's verse changed the game period :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This song is a hot mess and a bop all in one and I live for it when I hear it :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

That is the perfect description of this song :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s also the only song I like on that album :neydedance_purple:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I thought Rooting For My Baby was good too :neydedance_purple:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

I wonder why It wasn't picked as a single. Both had the same managers at the time. It would have been very controversial.

in my mind I want to believe that Britney was like :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake: to the idea of filming a video with Miley. She was just polite enough to record the song due to having the same manager lol 

besides, they were too busy promoting Vegas. As we saw in I am Britney Jean, they were so desperate to finish the Work ***** video, so if they barely cared about Britney's own album singles, I doubt they wanted to add another artist's single to the schedule. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1