This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Criminal single in 2011 (September 30)

4 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

The Britney Army trashed this song and trashed it when it was the final single I remember those daysΒ :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I loved Criminal since the beginning. Although I did vote for DDB because let's face it that song was robbed of being a single. I bet if Sabi were not on it, it would have been a hit.

I voted Inside Out but I really loved the Criminal video, my favorite from FF

• Love 1

The entirety of Femme Fatale era makes me extremely uncomfortable now. Britney was living and peddling a lie and felt like a stranger. The music was fabulous but the negative aura surrounding Britney during that time still manages to sour it a bit. With all the recent revelations, even with Jason seeminglyΒ notΒ to blame for any of it, it still really ties her personal life to this album era by putting him into the music video.

I do find it fascinating how her tour essentially told her story in a theatrical way. It's surprising she got away with that one. The man obsessed with controlling her in real life must have approved the theme of a man obsessed with controlling her. I'd like to think it was liberating to express herself through her art, but suspect even that was instead twisted into a way to taunt her further. She so frequently looked so unhappy on stage during the Femme Fatale Tour.Β 

What's Criminal is what has been done to Britney. And in some ways I feel the lies to us--the fans who adore and support her--are also quite valid and heinous. We were duped into supporting a machine that hurt someone we cared about. Britney's life made me completely change my own career trajectory from one searching fame and celebrity status to one that savors anonymity.Β 

I look forward to learning more about how she feels about her music and single releases from this time. The music certainly stands on its own but it was forced upon her I can certainly understand why she never performed much Femme Fatale material.

Β 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

The Britney Army trashed this song and trashed it when it was the final single I remember those daysΒ :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I loved Criminal since the beginning. Although I did vote for DDB because let's face it that song was robbed of being a single. I bet if Sabi were not on it, it would have been a hit.

Studies show that Sabi’s verse invented veganism.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I would’ve loved to see her perform it live sometime… And Jason and her looked really amazing as a couple, visually the most pleasing, I liked him for her, but obviously don’t know what went on behind the scenes, but got good vibes

Β 

also, inside out is iconic β€” I wish there was a video for it or some live performances

In my Top Ten favorite songs of all time from her. I was so happy that it became a single. The beginning reminds me of the beginning of a fairy tale. And it's my absolute favorite video of her.

But even if I love the song more than anything, I am amazed that it is so popular withΒ Spotify. :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:Β Fans have actually other favorite Britney songs.