This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Criminal single in 2011 (September 30)

was obsessed with this song for a while. Has a medieval dark ages vibe to it because of the flute.

did not like the video at all besides the fact that she looked beautiful in it.

toobad the song flopped.

I know a lot people low key love this song but she has her baby voice in it so maybe that's why they keep it on the low low 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

criminalsingle.jpg.c0d043dd30d7ba4bdaaa456a7816abf6.jpg 01.jpg

On September 30, 2011, Britney Spears released Criminal, the fourth and final single off her seventh studio album Femme Fatale. Produced by Max Martin and Shellback, it was written by them in 2008 with additional writing by Tiffany Amber. Britney told MTV News that after she first listened to the song, she felt it was different and unlike anything she had heard before. The version of the single, Criminal (Radio Mix) differs from the album version and it was later included on B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2.

It has never been performed live.

On August 5, 2011, Britney posted on her Facebook a poll to select Femme Fatale's next single. The other options besides Criminal were Inside Out and (Drop Dead) Beautiful.

It peaked at #55 on the BH100 but it reached #19 on the Mainstream Top 40 chart. It went #1 in Brazil and it was Top 20 in many other countries, such as Poland, France and Spain.

The music video was released the following month, but we'll celebrate that later ;)

In December 2011, an EP of remixes was released:

That photo on the cover with the effect is actually cool, it's just the writing and font that ruins it. 

Love the remixes!

Just now, Cassyls said:

loooove this song... was my ring tone for many years 

I never realized she's never performed it... wonder why since its a single that did decently well

it came out when the FFT was almost over. And then, by the time she did POM show probably she had already forgotten about it :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: or idk, maybe she just didn't think it would fit at any of the segments

It's a really good song.. 

It deserved the better video tbh and a promo..

To bad that youtube blocked her a video..

It's doing good on youtube I can say really good tbh (daily average views is 80 k when "till the world end" has 18 k and "work B*itch" has 60 k)

p.s. Still want "inside out" to be a single too..

p.s.s. I don't regret that criminal is a single.  

I love the video and storyline. It was very in line with the whole concept of FF and Fairy Tales. If you really want to go into a more deeper discussion, I think it showcases remnants of Toxic and Womanizer imo.

If she could go back in time and change the world, maybe she would be heading into the right direction.

Criminal = physical 

HIAM = spiritual (I’m sorry I want your body now).

Radar always seemed like it was about a guy like Aladdin, a man with edges that are rough. So I think it’s like a series of nursery tales since Blackout to me lol.

• Love 1
  • 11 months later...

Tiktok kids made me wonder....what if 10 years pretty girls become a sudden hit and a trend

I'll be as confused

I was like :O when I heard kids LOVE criminal. We generally hated the vid because of 0 promo and ugly single cover and it was blocked. And when I saw (after few years) its you tube views I was like- WHO THE **** WATCHES THIS

...tiktok kids. Thanks for the streams gen z!

• Love 1