Dua Lipa’s “Levitating”: Music video, achievements, lawsuit and more

RadicalOptimism

I love her but it's sad her label or team felt she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new.

:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Prisoner with Miley and Fever with Angèle, real duets, should be the ones climbing the Hot 100. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

(Post edited to clarify the first sentence.)

Edited by IUSM
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, IUSM said:

I love her but it's sad she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new.

Prisoner with Miley and Fever with Angèle, real duets, should be the ones climbing the Hot 100. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Well her recent performances have been without DaBaby so I feel like that’s bringing exposure to the song and may be what’s helping it chart right now. Both versions are radio friendly. I don’t understand why this isn’t a “real duet” though. It’s very radio friendly and a great collab 

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Well her recent performances have been without DaBaby so I feel like that’s bringing exposure to the song and may be what’s helping it chart right now. Both versions are radio friendly. I don’t understand why this isn’t a “real duet” though. It’s very radio friendly and a great collab 

To me, a real duet is a song that was created as a collaboration between two artists from the start, and not a lazy feature added after the original song was created, just to bring exposure.

13 hours ago, IUSM said:

I love her but it's sad she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new.

This is very stupid. According to you, the song is a hit because it features a male rapper, not because Dua Lipa have been promoting the song for ages, singing it every time that is possible, and releasing 2 official music videos and several remixes. 

It's so typical to diminish the work of the female artist. 

ALL (the 7) singles from FN are epic in their own way. 

:ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Joman82 said:

This is very stupid. According to you, the song is a hit because it features a male rapper, not because Dua Lipa have been promoting the song for ages, singing it every time that is possible, and releasing 2 official music videos and several remixes. 

It's so typical to diminish the work of the female artist. 

ALL (the 7) singles from FN are epic in their own way. 

:ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

No, I am not saying that it's a hit because of DaBaby. Not at all. I believe that Dua Lipa is 100% capable of climbing the charts on her own (Future Nostalgia is full of potential chart-topping songs). This is why I criticise this habit of adding a rapper feature to a pop song to try to "improve" a perfect song and cater to the American public/radios.

I should have phrased my original sentence like this: "it's sad her label or team felt she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new."

• Love 2
4 hours ago, IUSM said:

No, I am not saying that it's a hit because of DaBaby. Not at all. I believe that Dua Lipa is 100% capable of climbing the charts on her own (Future Nostalgia is full of potential chart-topping songs). This is why I criticise this habit of adding a rapper feature to a pop song to try to "improve" a perfect song and cater to the American public/radios.

I should have phrased my original sentence like this: "it's sad her label or team felt she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new."

Ok, I see... But, this is a long-due trend in the U.S., and in the majority of the times for female pop singers (it's not a given). This is not typical at all in the U.K., so, in general, I don't think that Dua, her label or her team made this decision to add a feature of a U.S. rapper as a way to "get" a hit in the U.S.

She decided that "Levitating" was going to be a single, that's why both singles version have features. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block