Dua Lipa’s “Levitating”: Music video, achievements, lawsuit and more

RadicalOptimism

3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Done and come through with the top 5 sis :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

The possibility of it becoming a top 3 hit is endless :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

can’t believe she’s never had a number one in the states.

I was so shocked when I found out yall never allowed New Rules, IDGA, One Kiss, Electricity or Dont Start Now to get the #1 spots :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Tell me how the album peaks at #4 yet was critically acclaimed, multiple Grammy nominations, three super successful singles, paved the way for a new disco era, still trending as the top female streamed album on Spotify each week, certified gold in the US, and a #4 peak?! :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

It was even the 3rd highest selling female album of 2020 but US can choke at this point on their mumble trash and hip-hop music to allow this pop masterpiece to peak at just #4 :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

The possibility of it becoming a top 3 hit is endless :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

I was so shocked when I found out yall never allowed New Rules, IDGA, One Kiss, Electricity or Dont Start Now to get the #1 spots :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

It was even the 3rd highest selling female album of 2020 but US can choke at this point on their mumble trash and hip-hop music to allow this pop masterpiece to peak at just #4 :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

She’s in great company with Britney’s Jams :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Which of her hits is even bigger in the US? New Rules or Dont Start Now? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

It’s weird because New Rules still gets played to this day and everyone knows the song but it only peaked at #6 whereas DSN is also a huge hit that peaked at #2. Technically DSN would be the bigger hit, but I’d say most people would recognize them instantly. I think they both deserved to be number 1 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MIKE_INT said:

The obsessions with chart position in US is so ridiculous , you can literally be number 1 one week and go to number 100 in next and they will jerk their ego on the fact they went to number 1. no matter the longevity 

Yeah but this is a song that’s been out for almost a year, officially was released in October that is slowly reaching new peaks. This shows the song is a true hit whereas songs like Stuck With You, Cardigan & Willow reached their peaks and fizzled out. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah but this is a song that’s been out for almost a year, officially was released in October that is slowly reaching new peaks. This shows the song is a true hit whereas songs like Stuck With You, Cardigan & Willow reached their peaks and fizzled out. 

Whats Stuck With You, Cardigan & Willow ? Confused Britney Spears GIF

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Barajas said:

I think she will not get her 1  with Levitating, next week The Weekend its gonna be on top again because of his super bowl performance... :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Maybe with the lead single of the FN re-release? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Which honestly I’m still surprised that song is still doing so well considering it’s been over a year. Like who in the hell hasn’t heard that song yet? I don’t get how that works honestly. Someone performs a song that everyone knows on tv and they get inspired to buy it after all this time or they create additional accounts to buy it cause once you buy it you can’t rebuy it. Idk but I’m pretty sure everyone who wants a copy of Blinding Lights already has one and I don’t know how people are still listening to it after how much it was overplayed :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Which honestly I’m still surprised that song is still doing so well considering it’s been over a year. Like who in the hell hasn’t heard that song yet? I don’t get how that works honestly. Someone performs a song that everyone knows on tv and they get inspired to buy it after all this time or they create additional accounts to buy it cause once you buy it you can’t rebuy it. Idk but I’m pretty sure everyone who wants a copy of Blinding Lights already has one and I don’t know how people are still listening to it after how much it was overplayed :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I agree.. its just weird.
Also the song has been down in the chart for a while (i think it was number 30 or 40 like 3 months ago), and now is coming back to the top 5 in time for the superbowl. We would have to check the number but I think there is a big payola contract behind this :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block