This Day in Pop: Britney Spears makes cameo appearance on Glee in 2010 (September 28)

• Super Mods

brittany.jpg.05cc6734b6de9589e2ac56f1a284e61c.jpg 003.jpg

On September 28 2010, "Britney/Brittany", the second episode of Glee's Season 2, premiered on Fox. It paid tribute to Britney Spears and Britney herself made several cameo appearances throughout the whole episode.

The storyline focuses on the character Brittany and her classmates having anesthesia-induced hallucinations while visiting the dentist, and in them they recreate Britney's most iconic moments of her career.

A total of five Britney Spears songs were performed on the episode. All of them were released as singles and they all managed to appear on the Billboard Hot 100:

• ...Baby One More Time (#54)
  • Stronger (#53)
  • I'm a Slave 4 U (#52)
  • Me Against the Music (#56)
  • Toxic (#16)

With these songs, plus a cover of Paramore's The Only Exception, the Glee cast surpassed The Beatles as the non-solo act with the most appearances in the chart's history, and became the third one overall at the time, only behind Elvis Presley's 108 appearances and James Brown's 91 (Nowadays, The Glee cast are the second act with the most entries, behind Drake).

1brd.gif

tumblr_lxm54yRKiM1r3ty02o1_500.gif

c48cf157b4b3bd55ff169ee91c73df57.gif

• Love 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

4 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

That kind of comments shouldn’t bother you tbh.. Britney is a phenomenal artists and Brittany will never surpass her and its a fact.. 

P.s. it was the most watched episode when it aired.. 

Oh I know! They just constantly go viral and it bugs me. But yeah I’m aware it was the most watched episode lol

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The amount of cringe :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

Also, wasnt gimme more too on the set, where the s4u girl was performing as if it were her own vma 2007 or am i hallucinating? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

That was the second "tribute" episode they did on Season 5 I think, but we don't talk about it :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

The Britney performances were cute in Brittany/Britney and Brit's appearances were cute. But that show was TERRIBLE. It wasn't funny, the kids couldn't act, the storylines and writing were awful, Lea Michelle was/is problematic, other actors had their intense scandals (like child ****). It was basically Kids Bop for adults.

I was peeved that they did the second "tribute" to Britney and then essentially just made fun of her breakdown the entire time, 5 years later. It was in very poor taste. Ryan Murphy is so shady.

I never liked this show, one of the worst teen dramedy of all time in my opinion.

I feel like Ryan Murphy was forced to do the tributes due the success of Madonna's, season 1. The first one wasn't that bad because Britney herself was there, but the plot was lazy and focused way too much on Britney being a guilty pleasure.

The second one looked even more forced because Brit was on X Factor during that time, both Fox shows. Ryan did a disgusting thing on the second tribute, very tasteless and I don't think he would do It with Gaga, Madonna, MJ or Beyonce.

4 hours ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Omg this episode introduced me to I'm a Slave 4 U

It sounded like a bop so I searched the original version and fell in love with it along with the choreography :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

That's why I don't think It was completely useless, at least a new generation had contact with Britney music.