Can Exhale Serve As A Platform For New Artists?

Thomkat

Hey everyone :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

I have a few questions, and a few ideas to share. 

I’m an independent artist, singer/songwriter, composer and producer. I’ve been working on music steadily since 2012, and I’ve been working under the name Thomkat for about 3 years now, though I’ve never toured with my music or released anything officially, beyond a few uploads on SoundCloud. That being said, in this day and age being an independent artist is exciting, and we have opportunities and resources now that were never available to us in the past. 

My journey with music has been incredible and I’m finally coming to a place where I’m ready to share what I’ve created with the world, so right now I’m working with a third-party publisher and distributer and I’ll be releasing a full-length project onto all streaming platforms sometime in the first quarter of 2021. :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Something I’ve also thought about recently, is treating Exhale as a platform for sharing music and videos, and also experimenting a bit with different aspects of fan interaction and content creation. For example, something that I think could be really cool is collaborating with users/fans, and creating music in real-time, together. You give me an idea, you come up with a theme, you tell me what you want to hear, and I make it happen, and it’s just for us, BY us. 

Perhaps even offering to produce commissioned work, in the same way a person can commission a painting or a portrait, I’m imagining an interactive music experience where the artist and the fan are creating music together. Of course artists are inspired by their fans all the time, but this takes it a step further. 

Now I realize that none of you have heard my music, and I don’t necessarily have “fans” on Exhale, but what I’d like to do moving forward, is to share exclusive content here on Exhale, let you guys into my world, and see what happens. 

I think it could be a ton of fun to open that door for artists here on Exhale, have our own cute little album-rollouts and promo, countdowns and video premieres, and lots of amazing exclusive content and music that we can all enjoy together. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Let me know what you guys think and if this interests any of you! 

💜

4-A2-DBD6-A-A2-FD-42-D4-9-ED7-36-A3-D426indie.jpg.fa433af1c974229031ee2f356cc24f33.jpg

• Love 7

Hi Thomkat!

Yes, you are welcome to share your music, your plans, experiments on Exhale. I appreciate you writing this and sharing your ideas.

I'd love to hear your work!

Also...

20 minutes ago, Thomkat said:

Something I’ve also thought about recently, is treating Exhale as a platform for sharing music and videos, and also experimenting a bit with different aspects of fan interaction and content creation. For example, something that I think could be really cool is collaborating with users/fans, and creating music in real-time, together.

Can we use our bodies to make our own videos? You know, "just for us, BY us."

21 minutes ago, Thomkat said:

You give me an idea, you come up with a theme, you tell me what you want to hear, and I make it happen, and it’s just for us, BY us. 

:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

23 minutes ago, Thomkat said:

what I’d like to do moving forward, is to share exclusive content here on Exhale, let you guys into my world, and see what happens. 

I like the Kylie Minogue tease. Tell you what, you let me into your world and let's see what happens. :comingthru_britney_circus_2008_boobs_chest_smile_walking_hat_happy:

Teehee,

ROXXY 🦄💛💜

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Hi Thomkat!

Yes, you are welcome to share your music, your plans, experiments on Exhale. I appreciate you writing this and sharing your ideas.

I'd love to hear your work!

Also...

Can we use our bodies to make our own videos? You know, "just for us, BY us."

:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I like the Kylie Minogue tease. Tell you what, you let me into your world and let's see what happens. :comingthru_britney_circus_2008_boobs_chest_smile_walking_hat_happy:

Teehee,

ROXXY 🦄💛💜

1 hour ago, VCTR said:

Girl, whatever it is you're selling, I'm buying, I need a refund on BH merch cause I need to fill my closet with Thomkat merch.

Umm you guys completely made my day :lolnoworries_britney_hat_its_okay_excited:

@Roxxy I appreciate you girl, thank you for the hilarious and heartfelt feedback. 
You’ll get the VIP treatment. 
:neydedance_purple:

and @VCTR , my ride or die, thanks hubby, I knew I could count on you :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

Even though my thread is flopping harder than 2020, I now have 2 fans and that’s enough for me :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Thomkat said:

@Roxxy I appreciate you girl, thank you for the hilarious and heartfelt feedback. 
You’ll get the VIP treatment. 

Me? A VIP? :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

Do you really mean that? Is this where you start coming into my world and then lift me up... up... high up on your love?  :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

3 hours ago, Thomkat said:

Even though my thread is flopping harder than 2020, I now have 2 fans and that’s enough for me

You are worthy. Just don't give up and keep persevering! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
10 hours ago, Thomkat said:

Hey everyone :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

I have a few questions, and a few ideas to share. 
I’m an independent artist, singer/songwriter, composer and producer. I’ve been working on music steadily since 2012, and I’ve been working under the name Thomkat for about 3 years now, though I’ve never toured with my music or released anything officially, beyond a few uploads on SoundCloud. That being said, in this day and age being an independent artist is exciting, and we have opportunities and resources now that were never available to us in the past. 
My journey with music has been incredible and I’m finally coming to a place where I’m ready to share what I’ve created with the world, so right now I’m working with a third-party publisher and distributer and I’ll be releasing a full-length project onto all streaming platforms sometime in the first quarter of 2021. :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Something I’ve also thought about recently, is treating Exhale as a platform for sharing music and videos, and also experimenting a bit with different aspects of fan interaction and content creation. For example, something that I think could be really cool is collaborating with users/fans, and creating music in real-time, together. You give me an idea, you come up with a theme, you tell me what you want to hear, and I make it happen, and it’s just for us, BY us. 
Perhaps even offering to produce commissioned work, in the same way a person can commission a painting or a portrait, I’m imagining an interactive music experience where the artist and the fan are creating music together. Of course artists are inspired by their fans all the time, but this takes it a step further. 

Now I realize that none of you have heard my music, and I don’t necessarily have “fans” on Exhale, but what I’d like to do moving forward, is to share exclusive content here on Exhale, let you guys into my world, and see what happens. 

I think it could be a ton of fun to open that door for artists here on Exhale, have our own cute little album-rollouts and promo, countdowns and video premieres, and lots of amazing exclusive content and music that we can all enjoy together. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Let me know what you guys think and if this interests any of you! 

💜

4A2DBD6A-A2FD-42D4-9ED7-36A3D42688C8.png

You should definitely pitch this idea to Jordan if you ask me. If Exhale can become a platform for new artists, this can make his entire business explode, and it will give you, the new artists, a place for your music and voice to be heard. This really could spawn great things if done right :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 4

Hi, @Thomkat!
I was actually thinking of starting a similar thread. There is already a thread for lyricists.

I wanted to make a thread asking if there were recording artists on Exhale but hesitated due to the response I once got a long time ago. You know, people rudely responding stuff like "I don't care.", posting mocking memes when they could just avoid the topic altogether.

People are mostly here for Brit and some other big stars, but it's the new, indie act that truly need the exposure, right? Some mock Perry for selling less, but selling just 1,000 units can be pretty hard, esp. for an indie w/ no management, big promo, music videos, massive radio airplay, etc.

Eminem's first album barely sold 1,000 units, and Perry's first album only sold 200 units. Julia, a new act produced by French legends Mylène Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat, only sold about 2,000 units of her first LP, Passe... comme tu sais, last summer. It disappeared from the charts after three weeks... There was some promo, four music videos, but it was not anywhere enough to launch her act and make it impactful (like Angèle's, Jul's, Maître Gims', Billie Eilish's, Dua Lipa's, Megan Thee Stallion's, Doja Cat's, Maluma's, Bad Bunny's, Anitta's and so on).

I don't see any problem with this very thread. Any recording artist could post stuff here, and those interested could have a look, and avoiding the thread altogether requires no effort at all.

• Love 2
  • Leader

YES. Absolutely Exhale can and should be a vehicle for indie artists to get more exposure. 

I actually have a marketing plan already done that essentially replaces the top ad banner on every page of Exhale with a banner that links to an indie artist's music (or whatever they want to link to).

Of course it's a paid promotional plan, but I personally think it's symbiotic - the artist pays a small fee and in return receives exposure on Exhale to brand new, pop loving people. 

• Love 4

Yessss Iove this idea! It is such a great way to get exposure, feedback, support and inspiration! I love that you are doing this and I cannot wait to hear your music.:bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

I've always wanted to get into music so super proud of you for actually getting it and working on it! Slay me king!!

I'd like to double down on @Roxxyand would also like to be in your music video. I am a dancer after all...so I could be your kfed, but less trashy. Just slightly less though. Haha

• Love 3
On 9/27/2020 at 6:55 PM, Roxxy said:

Me? A VIP? :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

Do you really mean that? Is this where you start coming into my world and then lift me up... up... high up on your love? 

I’ve been anticipating... I wanna rock with you :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

On 9/27/2020 at 11:52 PM, Arckangel said:

Hi, @Thomkat!
I was actually thinking of starting a similar thread. There is already a thread for lyricists.

I wanted to make a thread asking if there were recording artists on Exhale but hesitated due to the response I once got a long time ago. You know, people rudely responding stuff like "I don't care.", posting mocking memes when they could just avoid the topic altogether.

People are mostly here for Brit and some other big stars, but it's the new, indie act that truly need the exposure, right? Some mock Perry for selling less, but selling just 1,000 units can be pretty hard, esp. for an indie w/ no management, big promo, music videos, massive radio airplay, etc.

Eminem's first album barely sold 1,000 units, and Perry's first album only sold 200 units. Julia, a new act produced by French legends Mylène Farmer & Laurent Boutonnat, only sold about 2,000 units of her first LP, Passe... comme tu sais, last summer. It disappeared from the charts after three weeks... There was some promo, four music videos, but it was not anywhere enough to launch her act and make it impactful (like Angèle's, Jul's, Maître Gims', Billie Eilish's, Dua Lipa's, Megan Thee Stallion's, Doja Cat's, Maluma's, Bad Bunny's, Anitta's and so on).

I don't see any problem with this very thread. Any recording artist could post stuff here, and those interested could have a look, and avoiding the thread altogether requires no effort at all.

Right on, thanks for sharing your thoughts and for the encouragement! 😊

That’s a bummer that people weren’t receptive with you in the past. I really appreciate all of you being kind and taking the time to respond. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

On 9/28/2020 at 4:27 AM, Jordan Miller said:

YES. Absolutely Exhale can and should be a vehicle for indie artists to get more exposure. 

I actually have a marketing plan already done that essentially replaces the top ad banner on every page of Exhale with a banner that links to an indie artist's music (or whatever they want to link to).

Of course it's a paid promotional plan, but I personally think it's symbiotic - the artist pays a small fee and in return receives exposure on Exhale to brand new, pop loving people. 

Thank you for the input Jordan!
I’ve seen you support and a give a voice to new and independent artists in the past and I always thought that was really cool :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
On 9/28/2020 at 5:46 AM, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

Yessss Iove this idea! It is such a great way to get exposure, feedback, support and inspiration! I love that you are doing this and I cannot wait to hear your music.:bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

I've always wanted to get into music so super proud of you for actually getting it and working on it! Slay me king!!

I'd like to double down on @Roxxyand would also like to be in your music video. I am a dancer after all...so I could be your kfed, but less trashy. Just slightly less though. Haha

Haha! 😂

Thanks babe! I’ll share something very soon.
And you and @Roxxy can be my video hoes (AKA Ringleaders) and call the shots. :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

• Love 2
On 9/28/2020 at 12:15 AM, Arckangel said:

Unfortunately your songs aren’t available in my country! (U.S.) :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

But thank you for sharing anyway! 

Do you have anything on Yotube??

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block