Brian Friedman Shares "Toy Soldier" Choreography

Mgmgmgmg

What in the world was that?   That's not Britney's style at all.  Maybe it's for the backup dancers, but even then it's just nothing but a seizure.  It doesn't even go with the beat of the song... lol.  Like it looks like it would go in some Chris Brown video or something.

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

I took this vid as a modernized version of whatever he choreographed in 2006. Also this looks like something backup dancers would do, and Brit would probably do a simplified version of. :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

This. It literally says that this is an updated version of the original routine on the caption

2 hours ago, Easy There said:

When exactly did he loose his touch to make classic fluid not hectic choreo. Everything he had done post 2003 looks a mess and so not Britney.

Times change. It wasn't so much him losing his touch but mainstream dance changing as a whole in the late 2000s

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

This. It literally says that this is an updated version of the original routine on the caption

Times change. It wasn't so much him losing his touch but mainstream dance changing as a whole in the late 2000s

But ppl still make great choreography without it looking like spazm fest. 

• Haha 5
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

This Change Your Mind choreo is amaaaazing

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, CJMCH said:

Pretty sure that story is right (except for the producer's naming) since he and Britney were in touch for her comeback back during the divorce era, BUT that looks like something her backup dancers would execute. I can see some of those moves done by Britney, while some others would fit it for the backup while she's doing other stuff.

Exactly what I thought. Wasn’t Britney booking studios for a tour back then too?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Exactly what I thought. Wasn’t Britney booking studios for a tour back then too?

Yes, she was hoping to go on tour by the Summer of 2008 to coincide with the original Radar single release. Sadly we all know what happened in the end

Based on candids from around that time she was in early talks with Jamie King to direct the tour and had plans to perform Gimme More, Break the Ice, Get Naked, Breathe on Me, Toxic, Ooh Ooh Baby, Do Somethin', Boys, I'm a Slave 4 U and an unknown ...Baby One More Time remix

D5LvXDFUYAA9N4a?format=jpg&name=large

It's also entirely possible that she wanted to perform Danja's Hot as Ice remix too

For more information here's an interview with Millennium Dance Complex owner Robert Baker from around that time

Us: Britney has been a client of yours for some time. What is she like?
Robert Baker: Britney is a wonderful person, and has the biggest heart out there. She’s doing good and decent things that people in the public never see. This is what we see as Britney as a client. I think this important to know.

Us: What happened with the auditions Britney had set up for today?
RB: She had a big audition set up for today, but something came up at the last minute, and she rescheduled for tomorrow.

Us: What are the auditions for?
RB: They are for the video of the second track from her Blackout album. I heard but I can’t confirm that it might be the slightly slower song she was thinking about doing for the VMAs, and for a tour. She wants male and females for both. It’s an all day schedule, 9-5, open call.

Us: How do you know she’s planning a tour?
RB: Britney’s booked a considerable amount of space and time for the next couple of months, and of course we’re honored and humbled that she’s chosen us again. The tell tale sign for us is her booking space — it’s her typical warm-up behavior for a tour. She’s done it this way before all her tours. It’s a big sign that she’s getting back her focus after all these distractions. The focus is definitely coming back.’

Us: How do you feel she’s fairing through all these distractions?
RB: I can’t speak for what goes on in people’s heads, but I can say that she’s strong and she’s coming back. I think it’s time for her to do this. She’s strong, dedicated, a hard worker and professional. I know I couldn’t do what she’s achieved. The fan base is certainly there- her single is number one, the video is number one on YouTube — she’s just 25 and has already done so much, and of course like any 25-year-old, she’s had her
issues. But she’s done it before, and she’ll do it again. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised. She’s focused and looking to getting back
to work.

Us: When did she cancel today’s auditions? Were the dancers disappointed?
RB: I’d rather not say. What I can say, and would like to stress, is that Britney is a very talented entertainer, and an amazing individual. People buying her record is testament to her ability to come back.

https://britneyspy.com/2007/10/12/britney-planning-second-video-and-promotional-tour/

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Yes, she was hoping to go on tour by the Summer of 2008 to coincide with the original Radar single release. Sadly we all know what happened in the end

Based on candids from around that time she was in early talks with Jamie King to direct the tour and had plans to perform Gimme More, Break the Ice, Get Naked, Breathe on Me, Toxic, Ooh Ooh Baby, Do Somethin', Boys, I'm a Slave 4 U and an unknown ...Baby One More Time remix

It's also entirely possible that she wanted to perform Danja's Hot as Ice remix too

For more information here's an interview with Millennium Dance Complex owner Robert Baker from around that time

What are all those CD's from?

3 hours ago, Easy There said:

When exactly did he loose his touch to make classic fluid not hectic choreo. Everything he had done post 2003 looks a mess and so not Britney.

Yeah but it’s not just Brian. I’ve noticed this spastic, flailing arms, rigid elbow jerking, off beat looking choreography from other choreographers/artists. Dance has changed a lot since the early 2000s. I don’t like it either but this is where dance is now. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, generation glory said:

Yeah but it’s not just Brian. I’ve noticed this spastic, flailing arms, rigid elbow jerking, off beat looking choreography from other choreographers/artists. Dance has changed a lot since the early 2000s. I don’t like it either but this is where dance is now. 

I know that. But ppl are still able to create top notch choreos especially for pop stars. 

From Little Mix to PCD to FifthHarmony to Tinashe etc. They just don't know what to do with Britney I guess.

1 hour ago, PlayboiMommy said:

It was always my own theory that Hot as Ice (Danja Remix) was meant for Piece of Me. Danja said Britney contacted him about making remixes for Vegas and asked for a remix of Hot as Ice as she was “really feeling the song” during that time. Pretty sure HAI was also on the set list her and Larry picked out during IABJ. Then again that was always just my own take on that random remix lol

• Love 1