BTS drop new album "BE"; release music video for lead single "Life Goes On"

Invitation

47 minutes ago, Invitation said:

That Womanizer gif <3 Glimpse of primeney :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

Omg u loved my pfp? thx so much :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Yeah when i saw that dance break on video i was ":scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:" it truly did feel something you would get from primeney :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: and then i thought, what if i ask @Thelegendarybritney to make me a gif of it and i can make it my pfp :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised:

@Thelegendarybritney makes alot of great gifs, if u want gif-like pfps, u should go to him :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite:

Im his most loyal customer since day 1 and still am tenor.gif

• Love 2
7 hours ago, electricopop said:

I can't never really understands how K-Pop release their music releases. It is so confusing!

3 hours ago, sugarfallxofme said:

me neither, can someone explain to us how it works? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I really dont get in K-Pop when u just released an album, and the next year u release another one

So how is that a comeback? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

This is going to be long... :eyes_britney_laugh:

A "comeback'' is any new release that is promoted with a "title track". To make it even more confusing, a "title track" is any lead single. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme: Most K-Pop groups come back once or twice a year, but some do it 3 or even 4 times. However, it's not like they release 3 studio albums a year. Here are the most typical formats for K-Pop comebacks / releases:

• digital single (1 song with no physical release)
  • single album (1 - 3 songs with a physical release)
  • mini album (a fancy name for an EP; 3 - 9ish songs with a physical release)
  • full album / studio album
  • repackage / reissue / special album (1 - 5ish new songs tacked on to a previous album including a new title track)

Usually, K-Pop artists don't milk the same album for two years by releasing 8 singles. It is common to promote only the title track (basically, like having only one lead single). Though, some groups do release follow-up singles from an album after they're done promoting the title track, which is usually done for 2 - 3 weeks (with deviations, of course). :typing_keyboard_computer: Furthermore, it has become increasingly common to release pre-release singles, which is basically like releasing droplet singles, but the difference is that a follow-up album is 100% certain. Usually, there's one pre-release single, but BLACKPINK did two - "How You Like That" and "Ice Cream". :)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This is going to be long. :eyes_britney_laugh:

A "comeback'' is any new release that is promoted with a "title track". To make it even more confusing, a "title track" is any lead single. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme: Most K-Pop groups come back once or twice a year, but some do it 3 or even 4 times. However, it's not like they release 3 studio albums a year. Here are the most typical formats for K-Pop comebacks / releases:

• repackage / reissue / special album (1 - 5ish new songs tacked on to a previous album including a new title track)

Usually, K-Pop artists don't milk the same album for two years by releasing 8 singles. It is common to promote only the title track (basically, like having only one lead single). Though, some groups do release follow-up singles from an album after they're done promoting the title track, which is usually done for 2 - 3 weeks (with deviations, of course). :typing_keyboard_computer: Furthermore, it has become increasingly common to release pre-release singles, which is basically like releasing droplet singles, but the difference is that a follow-up album is 100% certain. Usually, there's one pre-release single, but BLACKPINK did two - "How You Like That" and "Ice Cream". :)

Thanks for enlightening us Non-Kpop fans :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This is going to be long... :eyes_britney_laugh:

wow, it is so different of what we are used to :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I kinda fell out of love with BTS after LY: Tear (I still listened to their title tracks, but I didn't bother listening to their albums), but for some reason I was super excited for BE, so I can't wait to listen to it! Will update this with my thoughts once I actually do. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: I'm in a video lecture right now, though. The only thing I have managed to do is look at the line distribution, and Jin got scammed again. :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not the comment section being so sad and tragic zoomed in .gif

aww thank u for ur support :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

At least it's better than a few racist hate comments thrown at them earlier. 

4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It's a cute little bop; though, I don't see it doing too well on the American charts. It is probably going to be one of those songs that go #1 purely because of fans and then free fall, but you never know. I'm willing to stand corrected. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I love it. I always want them to go back to "Spring Day". This isn't "Spring Day", but at least it's something different. I dont know if this song can go No.1 though. It will free fall for sure, buy "Dynamite" is holding in Top 20 so strong after a few months.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Well Meghan Thee Fad won’t be going to number one next week. Welp. Curious how many are US fans that affect our iTunes Charts or how many of them are international :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

I've seen fans of other groups make PayPal campaigns where they collect and raise money from fans all over the world, so that they can bulk-purchase on US iTunes and stuff, so that it counts towards Billboard. However, we affect Korean charts too if we order albums from Korea, which is most often the only way. Unfortunately, that's the awkward state (non-US) international fans are in if they want to support their faves in a meaningful way. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I've seen fans of other groups make PayPal campaigns where they collect and raise money from fans all over the world, so that they can bulk-purchase on US iTunes and stuff, so that it counts towards Billboard. However, we affect Korean charts too if we order albums from Korea, which is most often the only way. Unfortunately, that's the awkward state (non-US) international fans are in if they want to support their faves in a meaningful way. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I get what they’re doing, but it’s unfortunate they have to resort to this to impact our charts. It doesn’t really reflect the demand for their music in our market, but it seems like that when campaigns like that over inflate their status here. I’m still bitter 2NE1 never got this exposure, lmao 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I get what they’re doing, but it’s unfortunate they have to resort to this to impact our charts. It doesn’t really reflect the demand for their music in our market, but it seems like that when campaigns like that over inflate their status here. I’m still bitter 2NE1 never got this exposure, lmao 

Yeah, I agree, but I don't think there's anything that could be done about it. I guess iTunes could impose a limit on how many purchases of the same song / album can be made if there already isn't one. But if one can physically buy 5 copies of the same album at a store, why should there be a limit on iTunes purchases, y'know? Idk, it's very complicated... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Doesn't really matter, though. At this point, all of us are aware of the fact that what makes a hit isn't the peak but the longevity. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.