Buying The "Oops!" Vinyl is Wrong and Indefensible (Opinion)

• Super Mods
12 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

this is SO WRONG, and just because you cant SAVE THE WORLD IN ONE DAY WITH ONE ACTION, doesnt mean you are WRONG for doing couple of actions that you absolutely CAN DO to save/protect the cause. I feel horrible when I buy cheap clothes because we all know its child labour making it so cheap, so i buy it ONLY IF IM BROKE BROKE, if I can afford it I buy US made. We all should go TOWARDS awareness, and not AGAINST IT, inform yourself and make educated decision on everything you CAN because one little step to you, but giant for mankind.

Totally missed my point smh

Does it change anything? You just justified making a purchase even though you know it harms people. You think by not streaming, buying her merch or products that it would just eventually starve them to death of no money when Britney has stocks in her investments she bought years ago that her team now has, her properties so how will you “kill” that? They will always get money and in fact they have more than enough already so they can just live off on the money they have so this whole process is gonna go on for more years because IT HAS!

you guys act like you were the first ones to think of this boycott. I signed on to here since 2008 the year she was put into cship and most of us have already picked up on this and many have already suggested this and tried to make it happened but fast forward to today and look how that didn’t help. You would have to tell the whole world not to buy anything Britney related but will they? Are you gonna be a Karen and bully everyone not to support Britney’s music? She has non fans that love her perfumes and that’s in the millions so how are you gonna do that?  

you make it seem like she hated making music and performing, she obviously loves it and they know it hence why it’s going on for this long. 

you guys are highlighting the negatives but forget that Britney actually went to the studios and worked with producers/songwriters to make music she at least can be okay with. If she doesn’t care they she would’ve just made tons of Circus Max Martin bops. 

why don’t you do your research before making claims like this.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Totally missed my point smh

Does it change anything? You just justified making a purchase even though you know it harms people. You think by not streaming, buying her merch or products that it would just eventually starve them to death of no money when Britney has stocks in her investments she bought years ago that her team now has, her properties so how will you “kill” that? They will always get money and in fact they have more than enough already so they can just live off on the money they have so this whole process is gonna go on for more years because IT HAS!

you guys act like you were the first ones to think of this boycott. I signed on to here since 2008 the year she was put into cship and most of us have already picked up on this and many have already suggested this and tried to make it happened but fast forward to today and look how that didn’t help. You would have to tell the whole world not to buy anything Britney related but will they? Are you gonna be a Karen and bully everyone not to support Britney’s music? She has non fans that love her perfumes and that’s in the millions so how are you gonna do that?  

you make it seem like she hated making music and performing, she obviously loves it and they know it hence why it’s going on for this long. 

you guys are highlighting the negatives but forget that Britney actually went to the studios and worked with producers/songwriters to make music she at least can be okay with. If she doesn’t care they she would’ve just made tons of Circus Max Martin bops. 

why don’t you do your research before making claims like this.

no, I never have said somebody will STARVE because Im not streaming, I said I FEEL HORRIBLE which would imply ethically and morally wrong side of things. I dont want to go against my morals. If we found out this year BRITNEY WAS SENT TO MENTAL FACILITY AGAINST HER WILL I cant possibly feel GOOD supporting Britney brand. Especially with leaked documents stating BRITNEY SIDE OF THINGS, and they are 'I am boycotting my own brand'. So if Britney herself decided she wont support Britney the brand, why should I??

Ima fan of hers, not her management.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I gave you plenty of reasons sweetie

You all don't understand a single thing of how retail works he?

Again: even if people did not buy them....TEAM B. ALREADY. GOT. PAID. BY. THE. SHOPS.

GEEZ.

What's so hard about that to understand that?

since you want to act like you're an expert on retail and business i'm surprised you've never heard of a concept called supply and demand.

Why do you think UO paid team B for the rights to release OIDIA on vinyl? Because fans bought BOMT. Why do you think UO paid team B for the rights to release Britney on vinyl? Because fans bought OIDIA. And so on and so forth.

Urban Outfitters continued to pay team B for the rights to what amounted to her entire discography because fans kept buying each album they were releasing. If fans hadn't bought the first few vinyls they had released, they would not have ended up paying team B to release the entire discography because it would have not been worth their investment. The reason they keep releasing new albums and paying team B is because they know that there is demand. So yes, buying UO vinyls does support team B no matter how you try to spin it.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, KillersWhoArePartying said:

You all don't think it's suspect that right when Britney starts to refuse to work her team starts putting out these vinyl reissues

Well actually Urban Outiftters did it because there was a demand for Britney vinyls on social media after they started releasing NSync and other pop vinyls and they sold well. The wave of pop albums being released on vinyl started a couple of years ago and people started requesting Britney ones from UO and they responded. So it's not a coincidence lol. They were pressing everyone from NSync to Christina to Gaga, the list goes on. The cassette wave started around the same time too so naturally Britney is included in that. It's not like Britney's personal team reached out to make a buck, UO made a deal with her label.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Well actually Urban Outiftters did it because there was a demand for Britney vinyls on social media after they started releasing NSync and other pop vinyls and they sold well. The wave of pop albums being released on vinyl started a couple of years ago and people started requesting Britney ones from UO and they responded. So it's not a coincidence lol. They were pressing everyone from NSync to Christina to Gaga, the list goes on. The cassette wave started around the same time too so naturally Britney is included in that. It's not like Britney's personal team reached out to make a buck, UO made a deal with her label.

you've made some points but the vinyl resurgence and UO trend had been happening for years before the free britney movement. they could have put her albums on vinyl way earlier and its interesting that they started right after they stopped making money off of her in vegas.

I can't think of any other artist who has had so many vinyl reissues, cassettes, new merch, Instagram experiences with no new album to support like Britney has.

• Super Mods
30 minutes ago, KillersWhoArePartying said:

You all don't think it's suspect that right when Britney starts to refuse to work her team starts putting out these vinyl reissues and opens The Zone? Please. It's so obviously a ploy by her team to get more money out of Britney while she's not working. 

Also you can't compare people streaming her music to people buying vinyls. A super fan who streams Britney's songs 1000 times in a year amounts to $4 according to the streaming calculator. Compare that to fans spending hundreds of dollars on every new album that's being released on new albums. It's hundreds of dollars versus a few bucks. It's not the same. Buying vinyls, buying merch etc does exponentially more damage than streaming does.

Not you justifying streaming music when you’re downvoting people who bought the vinyl. Don’t tell me you haven’t supported her these last 12 years. If you did then you’re a hypocrite along with your pressed downvoting friends. I guess they did clone Britney because didn’t she thank us for making Glory number one on iTunes? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: Just admit that you’re pressed because you secretly want them but want to pretend you’re above it all :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 5

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

13 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not you justifying streaming music when you’re downvoting people who bought the vinyl. Don’t tell me you haven’t supported her these last 12 years. If you did then you’re a hypocrite along with your pressed downvoting friends. I guess they did clone Britney because didn’t she thank us for making Glory number one on iTunes? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: Just admit that you’re pressed because you can’t afford them and call it a day :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

I was simply stating that saying streaming music is just as bad as buying vinyls is a fallacy and is completely factually incorrect from a monetary standpoint.

and there is a hugeee difference between fans supporting her team 5 years ago when they weren't aware of anything that was going on to now, being aware and following the entire free britney movement and continuing to support her team.

Someone isn't a hypocrite for thinking we should boycott the team now that we have more information.

also, income shaming isn't cool. 

edit: you can try editing your classist comments to make yourself look better but I caught you on candid camera with my quote tweet :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Love 5
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, KillersWhoArePartying said:

I was simply stating that saying streaming music is just as bad as buying vinyls is a fallacy and is completely factually incorrect from a monetary standpoint.

and there is a hugeee difference between fans supporting her team 5 years ago when they weren't aware of anything that was going on to now, being aware and following the entire free britney movement and continuing to support her team.

Someone isn't a hypocrite for thinking we should boycott the team now that we have more information.

False. We were always aware she hated the conservatorship. Stop lying to yourself :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 4

22 minutes ago, KillersWhoArePartying said:

you've made some points but the vinyl resurgence and UO trend had been happening for years before the free britney movement. they could have put her albums on vinyl way earlier and its interesting that they started right after they stopped making money off of her in vegas.

I can't think of any other artist who has had so many vinyl reissues, cassettes, new merch, Instagram experiences with no new album to support like Britney has.

Honestly it felt more like UO's doing than Britney's camp though. After they released NSync and other pop acts on vinyl, Britney fans started asking for her albums on social media and UO responded almost right away. It was a natural timeline of reactions vs. a forced thing from Britney's camp.

The first BOMT vinyl pressing was in 2017 when Vegas was still happening and they didn't even know that she would take a break in 2019/2020. This was before the POM Tour and the Domination cancellation. The BOMT vinyl sold out twice so of course they were going to keep going. And like it's been said before, the deal would be with her record label anyway, not her immediate team. Her label doesn't have anything to do with the c-ship.

At the end of the day, buy what you want and don't buy what you don't want to. The vinyls have been really fun for some fans since there hasn't been much from Britney lately. And it was really cool that they finally did an exclusive for Record Store Day. Some of us have dreamed of this for years and years and aren't going to pass it up. That's just how I choose to spend my money.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
21 minutes ago, KillersWhoArePartying said:

I'm honestly surprised you and other users are admitting you've known she's hated the conservatorship for over a decade and you all just did not care. yikes. 

Oh shut it. I buy her albums and that’s it. I don’t buy any other merch. I love her music. Always have and always will. Like if Britney would have your back over demonizing her fans who buy her music. I guess you choose to only pay attention to whatever fits your agenda huh? This just in @KillersWhoArePartying called Britney a liar because this is clearly a clone who is thanking her fans for buying her music :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 5

• Super Mods

thing is, if that's how things are in order to  support her, we would basically have to stop talking about her at all, not just stop buying stuff.

According to Social Blade, August 2020 marked one of the highest amount of views her VEVO channel got since 2017.

vevoviews.png

Even just spreading the word about #FreeBritney makes people, fans and general public alike, to go stream her music, or how do you explain the spike on her weekly views despite being on a hiatus for 2 years? They currently make an estimate of $12.9K  -  $206.3K per month. Every month. Of course that's still without taking the part the record label gets and the songwriters, etc. But so that applies for physical releases.

We should stop following her social media accounts, stop naming her on posts, stop sharing and clicking anything Britney related, whether is news, Instagram posts, conspiracy videos, fan pages, because the algorithms would always end up recommending her official channels. But that's impossible if part of the help is creating awareness.

BOMT alone gets an average of 200K daily views, without the fans having to do any campaign or promotion. She's always consumed by the general public, even if it's not as much as the hottest artist right now.

Fans can boycott all they want if that's what seems to be the right thing, someone else will end up buying that merch anyways, and streaming those videos and songs.

It's like a catch 22. We could go and protest at the music stores and shame everyone that buys any Britney albums, or start a hashtag or post on social media about it. The more exposure those actions get, the more chances that people will end up going to some streaming platform to play her music. The people that got shamed, already made their purchase, and the exposure the complaints get will just help increase her streaming numbers, resulting in a counterproductive thing . :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

It's a really tricky situation. She could magically stop producing money today. That won't end the conservatorship, nor will make Jamie or TriStar step away, because that still has to follow the "legal" process the judge determines. Lawyers of Britney suggest to "go back to giving Britney’s brand our unequivocal support" once they're removed from the conservatorship, I suppose because in this scenario any money her brand makes will now go directly to her (even though most of the profit is taken by the record label, but still), so we all will run to buy and stream her music like crazy. But when that happens, isn't all the money that Jamie and TriStar are stealing now, going to go back to Britney once she's freed of them anyways?

And btw, what the documents state is that she doesn't have desires to perform at this time. This is in reference to the fact that the legal fees of Andrew Wallet and others got increased due to the Vegas residency contract. This increase wasn't due to the albums sales or any other merch. It was because of the residency. And the part about "not wanting to engage in any business activities" comes from the document from Jamie's side in reference to her "lack of cooperation in her own financial well-being and preservation of her continued status as an iconic artist" getting worse, and thus believing in this is validating Jamie's statements. So again, catch 22.

• Love 4

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

The only way I would ever buy something from Britney the brand it's when she or Bessemer Trust are in control of her finances. That's it, I can wait until november and we should do the same, I mean november it's just weeks from now. 

I know it's hard don't buy this kind of rare stuff but we need to wait.

And yeah stores like Urban Outfitters bought rights from the record label but sales stills gives a very considerable part of the price to the record label and the same with the Oops B-Sides vinyl, when stores doesn't sale nothing from that day the product stay in their store until is bought so don't came with the "poor stores can't sale 4 vinyls" because it's kinda lame. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: 

And yeah the brand gain a lot from the vinyls sales, it's like buying an album and even more expensive so don't came with that, that excuse I accept it for streaming but not for this :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed: AND if you buy perfumes believe me, you are NOT a fan.

Also, don't get mad because you bought the vinyl and feel attacked, it's already done it, enjoy it, it's a beautiful item. We are part of the fandom because we love her music and that's something hard to ignore, but we just need to wait a bit to buy items of her brand... just until she is in control of her money... I die for a Britney T-shirt :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 6

wrong. its a great way to support independant record stores. can`t remember a post like this about those UO vinyls (those of which us americans buy 5 each so they never even reach european stores).

On 9/27/2020 at 6:25 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

There is no argument to be made. For the past two years, there is no justifiable reason to buy rehashed Britney items like vinyls. Last month, Britney made it publically known that she is refusing to work. Vinyls are passive income as they do not require Britney to work, but it all goes to the same place; Team Con and her father.

We know too much to excuse it.oops.jpg.c8dffe65163255cd4392c04d92596a4e.jpg

)

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Oh shut it. I buy her albums and that’s it. I don’t buy any other merch. I love her music. Always have and always will. Like if Britney would have your back over demonizing her fans who buy her music. I guess you choose to only pay attention to whatever fits your agenda huh? This just in @KillersWhoArePartying called Britney a liar because this is clearly a clone who is thanking her fans for buying her music :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

the fact that you're pushing 40...

• Love 1