Check out Fey's new single "The Perfect Song" featuring Paul Oakenfold

PokemonSpears

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

she really could've explored a bit deeper the Electronica music, she should be doing festivals and what not

some of her live performances have incorporated this style, and it really fits her

Β 

EXACTLY!Β :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I know everyone says this, but Vertigo was way ahead of its time. Such an ambitious project.Β 

Even though her older albums had a lot of electronic music,Β she was forward thinking and approaching new beatsΒ of trance, dance,Β house, trip hop, even a fewΒ traces of drumΒ and bass.Β 

Had Vertigo been more successful and had itΒ been givenΒ the recognition it deserved at that time, she probably would’ve gone furtherΒ experimenting with those genres.Β :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ElToxico said:

Not Mexican - Bolivian. But Fey is just 90's nostalgia at most and has not been relevant outside of Mexico since 1998.

so calling her "Mexico's pop princess" is a bit extraΒ :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Β 

of course she hasn't been relevant since she went independent :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

but she remains Mexico's Pop Princess, otherwise I would've said Latin American Pop Princess :P

extra would've been to call her Queen of Pop, when she never really quite got to that point (though they sometimes call her Queen of Electropop or Queen of the 90's :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: )

Β 

Β 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, aleomg said:

EXACTLY!Β :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I know everyone says this, but Vertigo was way ahead of its time. Such an ambitious project.Β 

Even though her older albums had a lot of electronic music,Β she was forward thinking and approaching new beatsΒ of trance, dance,Β house, trip hop, even a fewΒ traces of drumΒ and bass.Β 

Had Vertigo been more successful and had itΒ been givenΒ the recognition it deserved at that time, she probably would’ve gone furtherΒ experimenting with those genres.Β :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

tumblr_mr72k0JT311qd8zg3o1_250.giff30428fdac4bbe35bd38ebce2e78d854.gif

Yeah, it really was. Besides Moenia, I don't think anyone else were doing that kind of music back in 2002. The album could've been perfectly released in 2009 or 2013 and it would've still sounded fresh.

People put this stigma over pop singers, and the moment they want to do something different, something more mature and authentic, they just turn their backs on them. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: And in her case not even her record label supported her.

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

@Midnight it's still #1 on iTunes Mexico :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

I didn't think it would last more than 1 day

fey111.png

Β 

lol at Kylie's song having 1969 as release date :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I can't stop laughing at the Kylie thing ahhhh lol.

Sooo happy for Fey I hope this inspires her and she gives us more bops, I miss her in the music scene.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

On 9/25/2020 at 10:15 PM, PokemonSpears said:

tumblr_mr72k0JT311qd8zg3o1_250.gif f30428fdac4bbe35bd38ebce2e78d854.gif

Yeah, it really was. Besides Moenia, I don't think anyone else were doing that kind of music back in 2002. The album could've been perfectly released in 2009 or 2013 and it would've still sounded fresh.

People put this stigma over pop singers, and the moment they want to do something different, something more mature and authentic, they just turn their backs on them. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: And in her case not even her record label supported her.

The XTINA GIF!Β :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Omg Sony screwed itΒ cancelling almost all the promotion, tour, singles releaseΒ and blamed it on her.Β At least, Mexico was very lucky to have both albums and Epic managed to doΒ a littleΒ promoΒ with the re-release.Β 

I guessΒ critics and people who were not fans expected for her to keep performing bubblegum sugary songs. Not ready for the OGΒ β€œBionic”.Β :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Β 

• Love 1
  • 2 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block