This Day in Pop: Britney performs at the MuchMusic Awards in 1999 (September 23)

10 hours ago, InTheMix said:

I've never actually seen this but it's an awesome performance. It's also great to actually hear the Stop Remix of Crazy live because the majority of her performances have either been other remixes of Crazy or the album version - understandably because the Stop Remix was created a bit later and released the month before this performance, but it would've been neat to see more of that version performed live more - I always thought it was loads punchier. I may look it up as there may be performances I've missed. 

Thanks for sharing this!

From what I could find online this Much Music video awards was the only live performance of the Stop remix:

On 9/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, Bigno said:

Agreed. Also, she really messed her skin up with those stupid UV beds. What a terrible "beauty trend" 

Yeah, I wish she would realize how tanning isnt good for anyones skin, even more to someone as pale as herself. I also think its such a terrible beauty trend that almost no one call pull it off. 

Tbh with all things considered... The overtanning, smoking, wild partying at young age, being overworked, all the stress she had in her prime and even more after she had babies and divorced Ktrash, with all the drama with her dad and the cship, not being able to see her kids as much she needed and also the fact Britney doesnt get fillers on all her face and doesnt do botox all the time, I still think she looks good when she cleans her face and has a good makeup on. 

On 9/24/2020 at 10:44 AM, Luke Ship said:

From what I could find online this Much Music video awards was the only live performance of the Stop remix:

That's a real shame! I felt like they really underused it. After that, Crazy just became a remix-within-a-remix, using the Stop Remix vocals and just jazzing it up or doing something else. I dig the live remixes but I think Britney doing something like the original tracks that were released in videos would be pretty epic ... weird to say after so many years of performances and wanting something new, but simplicity I guess? Hah.

this is wild.

I never knew she presented an award to LEN for steal my sunshine. the nostalgia is real. also I am from London, ON so when that guy gave that shoutout to my city in her presence ....it was like damn, Britney's heard my hometown be shouted out! LOL

• Like 1