Azealia Banks deserves better!

Everyone that knows her knows she's talented and ruined her own potential with her attitude. You can't expect people to not be hard on her when she was as hateful and negative as she was. She had one of the most openly disgusting attitudes I've seen in the music industry.

I empathize with having bad mental health and, of course, I find it awful that she has considered committing suicide and would never want that to happen. But, imo, she made her own bed.

• Love 7
  • Like 2

i used to be a really big fan of hers when she debuted, but she’s been rubbing me the wrong way for the past 5 or so years. azealia had so much potential to become a rap legend but she became one for her behavior vs her talent unfortunately. still has one of the beat flows in the game though 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
  • Like 3

She said a lot of bad stuff, it's true. But Kanye did too, and he's not being 'cancelled' and thrown into a conservatorship , which makes me believe that (and I'm not even that kind of person, but) if she was a man, she wouldn't get a quarter of all the hate and judgement that went her way, and would probably still be charting.

She's super talented, I LOVE all of her stuff, completely obsessed with 212, Anna Wintour, Used to Being Alone, Ice Princess and many others. I hope she eventually finds her way, and that people start listening more to her music and less to her nonsense.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, ralphcornio said:

She said a lot of bad stuff, it's true. But Kanye did too, and he's not being 'cancelled' and thrown into a conservatorship , which makes me believe that (and I'm not even that kind of person, but) if she was a man, she wouldn't get a quarter of all the hate and judgement that went her way, and would probably still be charting.

She's super talented, I LOVE all of her stuff, completely obsessed with 212, Anna Wintour, Used to Being Alone, Ice Princess and many others. I hope she eventually finds her way, and that people start listening more to her music and less to her nonsense.

Did Kanye threaten to ****** Iggy Azalea, call Zayn abysmal names & go after a 12 year old Skai Jackson? Just to name a few things...

There’s tons of artists out there struggling to get half the amount of attention Azealia had. Better to feel sympathetic towards them than somebody who would turn on you in an instant.  

• Like 2

My thoughts on Azealia. She is truly a one of a kind artist with such profound vision. Her creativity is phenomenal and she’s without a doubt my favorite female rapper of all time when it comes to the artistry alone. With that being said I also think her delivery is way to harsh and she’s completely ignorant regarding the words she chooses. However...I also think she doesn’t conform to what society thinks is right and a true artist will never do that. You may not like what she has to say but she always makes sense. It’s just her harsh delivery and lack of empathy for others. I’ll always listen to her music though because it does bring me joy and I think it’s exactly what she should be doing with her life. 

• Love 3

I haven't stopped listening to her music because it still slaps but honestly I'm over the cycle. She releases some bops, says something absolutely abhorrent and gets her self canceled, the song flops, and then after a while people slowly start remembering her music is actually really neat RIGHT before the cycle starts tf back over. 

If you can get past the language, she's actually making some good points most of the time; but the point  of anything she says is always mute compared to the sheer negativity of it all.  It just seems like every other thing she says is derogatory and I can't sit around and defend the her ****tiness even  if I'm a fan at this point. I hope that she's in a good place mentally and could maybe even keep releasing some lil bops to enjoy, but she really did make her own bed. ┗( .﹏. )┛

1 hour ago, JSDSandiego said:

For me, A.Banks is one of the best mainstream examples of Vogue/Ballroom music. It has sassy lyrics with an hip hop beat. I love her music.. I dont love her. I listen to just her singles tho... liquorice, 212, Anna Wintour...

It's so frustrating that she literally takes ashotgun to her own talent's face.

Her vocal abilities are amazing and it's a shame she is such a giant a-hole and can't keep her mouth shut.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block