Womanizer Dance Break

Sakisbitch

21 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

I always think about why 2016ney declined as a performer after that time. Obviously the drop wasn't as drastic as the 2004-2007 drop, but there was definitely a drop. My 2 theories:

* Britney worked so hard on recording Glory and finding the right songs. She was excited to share new music with the world following the critical and commercial failure of Britney Jean 3 years previously. She was excited to have an amended POM setlist as she'd been doing greatest hits (& Pretty Girls added in 2015) for the past 2 and a half years and wanted a refresh. Sadly with the botched Make Me music video the Glory era was dead on arrival and as Britney has said herself - she cares about numbers - so she'd have known the album peaked well then bombed shortly after. Slumber Party was the only other "real" single from the album, as the other "singles" were not given the full single treatment. Private Show was more a perfume commercial than a music video. If I'd worked hard on a project and it then didn't do so well I'd lose some passion too. For all we know Britney had video ideas mapped out for future singles. She came up with the Criminal music video idea, but that was the 4th single. Maybe not being able to show off Glory as much as she'd hoped got to her. 

* Sam's arrival. We all saw how Britney was over the Onyx Tour soon as she got with KFed. Part of me genuinely thinks she injured herself on purpose when doing Outrageous just to cancel the tour and get pregnant with KFed. Maybe when she got with Sam Britney knew she had to keep performing in POM, but would have rather been with Sam instead. So she went through the motions on stage, but put little to no effort into anything show-related outside of show hours. She put in the bare minimum and it showed. 

I still wanna know what went down with the Make Me music video. like..did she personally hate it and wanted to re-record it? Because if that was the case, she couldn't of been that shocked/sad to see it flop because the video was so bad lol. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived