Womanizer Dance Break

Sakisbitch

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Britney, I acknowledge the horrible situation in which she is trapped, the possibility of being victim of human trafficking and the years-long conflict between she and her father.

HOWEVER, I find it deeply disrespectful to the public to present a show of such poor quality.

I mean, we're talking about Britney ******* Spears! The world's biggest superstar! As such, I wouldn't expect less than stellar quality from her.

1 hour ago, LetsRoll said:

She was really anxious after 2016. Probably caused by family issues, constant performing, different meds... :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

2016 was Primeney 2.0 :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Different meds or she wasn't taking her meds at all....It's still possible that her anxiety became worse since she wasn't taking her meds. But yeah we will never know.

The Womanizer 2016 breakdown was always overrated by many of y'all anyways. Was it good in comparison to many other POM choreo moments? Yes. Was it Primeney level? No, it was stilted, easy and a bit goofy. 

But I agree the 2017, 2018 versions got worse and worse. The ponytail makes a big difference to songs especially when Brit's fiddling with it all the time instead of using her hair to do epic hair flicks - one of the few moves she's still THE BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD at.

If you watch her first performance of DYWTCO it looks good with the passion, props and hair [especially the blast of energy near the end]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MetBprH28Ng&ab_channel=RyNguyen

Later versions with bad hair, bad outfit, no props especially when she grabs the fake pole, breast explosions, less choreo more tics made it way less impressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PfeuwxL3d8&ab_channel=Vincent

6 hours ago, LetsRoll said:

She was really anxious after 2016. Probably caused by family issues, constant performing, different meds... :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

2016 was Primeney 2.0 :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

I always think about why 2016ney declined as a performer after that time. Obviously the drop wasn't as drastic as the 2004-2007 drop, but there was definitely a drop. My 2 theories:

* Britney worked so hard on recording Glory and finding the right songs. She was excited to share new music with the world following the critical and commercial failure of Britney Jean 3 years previously. She was excited to have an amended POM setlist as she'd been doing greatest hits (& Pretty Girls added in 2015) for the past 2 and a half years and wanted a refresh. Sadly with the botched Make Me music video the Glory era was dead on arrival and as Britney has said herself - she cares about numbers - so she'd have known the album peaked well then bombed shortly after. Slumber Party was the only other "real" single from the album, as the other "singles" were not given the full single treatment. Private Show was more a perfume commercial than a music video. If I'd worked hard on a project and it then didn't do so well I'd lose some passion too. For all we know Britney had video ideas mapped out for future singles. She came up with the Criminal music video idea, but that was the 4th single. Maybe not being able to show off Glory as much as she'd hoped got to her. 

* Sam's arrival. We all saw how Britney was over the Onyx Tour soon as she got with KFed. Part of me genuinely thinks she injured herself on purpose when doing Outrageous just to cancel the tour and get pregnant with KFed. Maybe when she got with Sam Britney knew she had to keep performing in POM, but would have rather been with Sam instead. So she went through the motions on stage, but put little to no effort into anything show-related outside of show hours. She put in the bare minimum and it showed. 

My take away is that regardless of what’s going on in your personal life, if you have a job and get the benefit of being paid, you show up every night and you show out. I think she has many personal troubles and if that’s the case then stop performing. She’s doing what needs to be done right now and I applaud her for that. 

1 hour ago, TakeYourHand said:

My take away is that regardless of what’s going on in your personal life, if you have a job and get the benefit of being paid, you show up every night and you show out. I think she has many personal troubles and if that’s the case then stop performing. She’s doing what needs to be done right now and I applaud her for that. 

I agree. 

I think if she'd stopped performing in 2017 that would've been welcome because her decline from 2016 had kicked in and she needed a long break. 

I don't think she stopped performing because she realised her heart wasn't in it though and her audience wasn't getting a good show. I think she stopped as a middle finger up to her team and father. And I applaud her for that. 

But no matter how proud and happy I am for Brit taking a stand, I'll continue to critique her a performer. For someone who calls themselves a "perfectionist" - I'd challenge Britney to watch any performance of hers from 2017-2018 and not notice the million tics and the awful choreo. 

6 minutes ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

I agree. 

I think if she'd stopped performing in 2017 that would've been welcome because her decline from 2016 had kicked in and she needed a long break. 

I don't think she stopped performing because she realised her heart wasn't in it though and her audience wasn't getting a good show. I think she stopped as a middle finger up to her team and father. And I applaud her for that. 

But no matter how proud and happy I am for Brit taking a stand, I'll continue to critique her a performer. For someone who calls themselves a "perfectionist" - I'd challenge Britney to watch any performance of hers from 2017-2018 and not notice the million tics and the awful choreo. 

Exactly. She doesn’t fully realize why there’s a problem, just that there’s a disconnect and that’s still a milestone. Hopefully she wakes up and faces her demons fully but I’m glad she at least found some strength. 

Archived