When was the first time Britney really acted strange

CarelessDiva

19 hours ago, Cocopop said:

This is actually the first time that I thought that something seemed off and really different about Britney.....before the FF era....She still somewhat looked and sounded like herself...

Ohhh, seeing this video gave me goosebumps again... And yes i agree. This is not a normal way acting of her. The look in her eyes is lightless and the way that she sound makes me sad... i missed her. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody really knows how "sudden" the Jason Alexander marriage was. Maybe they were talking a lot and spending time together behind the scenes. "Regular" people elope prematurely all the time, especially in Vegas. And the annulment happened at the behest of her team, IIRC. They might have stayed together longer of that wasn't the case... who knows?

I do think she was beginning to feel the effects of being overworked for so long around that time and was genuinely seeking a way out. She always wanted to start a family and may have had some clause baked into her contract related to her being married and taking a reduced workload.

I don't think strange is the right word, maybe 'bored' and 'sick of being told what to do' is more likely. I always felt like in a late 2003 interview, she was sick of everything already. She was sick of the paparazzi, fame, and of over-working. It was an interview where she seemed irritated by everything, where a woman asked her for a kiss on the cheek at the end of the interview. I get that the woman's request was awkward, but that snottiness was kinda out of character for Britney. 

5 minutes ago, brit4u1998 said:

I don't think strange is the right word, maybe 'bored' and 'sick of being told what to do' is more likely. I always felt like in a late 2003 interview, she was sick of everything already. She was sick of the paparazzi, fame, and of over-working. It was an interview where she seemed irritated by everything, where a woman asked her for a kiss on the cheek at the end of the interview. I get that the woman's request was awkward, but that snottiness was kinda out of character for Britney. 

This one?

Yes. She was so fed up of everything. I think the very short break between Britney era to ITZ era was a BIG mistake, they overworked her and it took a huge toll on her health in general..

1 hour ago, YannFrance said:

This one?

Yes. She was so fed up of everything. I think the very short break between Britney era to ITZ era was a BIG mistake, they overworked her and it took a huge toll on her health in general..

🤣 I don’t see anything wrong with this interview though. I wouldn’t wanna give this random woman a kiss on the cheek either wtf. 

On 9/19/2020 at 7:22 AM, chizwhiz said:

During the Oops era she was saying she wanted Prince William to be her boyfriend

Lol she never said that. By early 2000 she was already with Justin for over a year, but we all know they kept hiding the relationship until late 2000.

Media were obsessed with the story of Prince William having a crush on her, there were stories like "Princess of pop and Prince William" and she was asked a lot about it and on top of that she was pretending to be single. Any girl in the world would want to date him so what was Britney supposed to say when she acted as if there wasnt anyone special in her life? "No I wont meet u Prince William bc im dating Justin secretly" lol She tried her best with the subject saying to media "who wouldnt want to be a Princess lol", but she stressed many times that she didnt know him, that they talked a lil bit thru emails bc he was supposed to come and see her show but he ended up not going. He was a fan and probably wanted to meet her and why wouldnt she want to meet him as well? If he had her email, of course he was the one who went after her bc she was dating Justin, he probably didnt know that as well lol 

Btw in late 1999 Ben Affleck said he was a fan and went to that party celebrating BOMTs success. They went out for a lunch at the time and she said she wanted him to direct her next video. Imo she probably couldnt say she was dating someone and pretended their lunch "date" was only business related for her, but If a 26/27 years old that recently broke up with his ex at the time was after her I do think he was trying something and Britney probably was polite about it.

Here we can see that even Justin was already pressed and jealous with the stories. He probably knew the whole thing thru her but of course he had to act as if he didnt care, bc at the time they were still pretending they were only pals. 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:03 PM, mfanbs said:

is it bad that i like this? i like her mature voice not the barbie one she keeps using for some reason... i think she sounds relaxed maybe coming out of a cold but not medicated

She actually was sick at the very  beginning of the era, the GMA announcement and performance but still pushed through.   

On 9/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, Cocopop said:

It was mainly a widespread theory on Exhale a couple of years ago....that or shock therapy...

other theories were of a miscarriage or ******** that happened in 2010...

God I would kill for a tell-all book :enigma_alien_blue:

I wouldn’t be surprised if her father made her get an ******** with Jason Trawick because of her CONservatorship. 

Im guessing that could have been what ended their relationship, and they tried to make it work right up until X Factor at which point they realised their relationship was a lost cause. She was a lot happier in 2013 and it makes me wonder what happened between 2010-2012. 

Numbers-wise, her career had its most successful or one of its most successful years. Personally, she was clearly breaking bless her heart 💚

5 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if her father made her get an ******** with Jason Trawick because of her CONservatorship. 

Im guessing that could have been what ended their relationship, and they tried to make it work right up until X Factor at which point they realised their relationship was a lost cause. She was a lot happier in 2013 and it makes me wonder what happened between 2010-2012. 

Numbers-wise, her career had its most successful or one of its most successful years. Personally, she was clearly breaking bless her heart 💚

I always say that IMMEDIATELY after Britney ended it with Jason- she looked and acted like a brand new person. January ‘13 came in and she had a glowing face, radiant energy and looked amazing in all her candids- a big difference from the way she was and presented herself from 2010-2012.

1 hour ago, BabyOneMoreTime. said:

I always say that IMMEDIATELY after Britney ended it with Jason- she looked and acted like a brand new person. January ‘13 came in and she had a glowing face, radiant energy and looked amazing in all her candids- a big difference from the way she was and presented herself from 2010-2012.

I remember in January she pulled over with her bodyguard and started looking at artwork on the side of the street, and purchased a few pieces, Starbucks in hand. She looked a lot less anxious that day than she ever did during the X factor or FF era’s 

On 9/18/2020 at 5:11 PM, Cocopop said:

This is actually the first time that I thought that something seemed off and really different about Britney.....before the FF era....She still somewhat looked and sounded like herself...

You can tell she was having to force herself. She didn’t genuinely want to be there doing that (in my opinion)

On 9/19/2020 at 5:59 AM, MathCarmignani said:

For me the first red flag from her came at the TCS debut where I basically spent the whole day looking on the internet for her speeches during the show between the songs and basically there was nothing. Then the following dates I kept finding nothing and it rang very strange to me how could she not speak more than three sentences to her public after YEARS?????? Then we had the Slave scares at that flying thing, the fan on the stage during Womanizer and these were weird moments where you could literally see her brain freezing. It was easy to see she was a little fragile at the time (probably because of medication idk), but then the FF era happened and well... She was different... 👀

i remember her doing a mini speech before she performed everytime

Archived