Christina Aguilera praises Madonna and Beyonce, says new music is coming

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Christina Aguilera showed love for Madonna and Beyonce in her new interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe.

On Madonna: 

“Madonna, first of all, the queen of reinventing herself, was a huge inspiration,” she said. “When I was little, I was not allowed to listen to her or watch her videos or anything. It was just like a no-no, but then whenever you grow up, and I discovered her catalog and her videos and the fact that she had such a message.”

“Her documentary, Truth or Dare, was a really big part of, ‘Oh my God, you don’t have to just, quote unquote, sing a song. You literally can just say so much more and go so much deeper.’ Truly, the way you see her image changed through the albums. I mean, that was a big inspiration for me to want to change it up, to want to keep pushing, to grow, to reinvent myself, to discover more things about me and myself as an artist.”

On Beyonce:

“I have so much respect for Beyoncé. She always kind of stands in that lane of being true to her and what works for her… putting herself out there is such an empowering role model and figure for women as well. I love women that speak to women, being such a voice of empowerment. ‘Girls Who Run The World,’ I remember that being a Major Lazer song and I was obsessed with it. And I was like, ‘Oh man, Beyoncé went and took Major Lazer and made it, ‘Girls, who run the world?’ I was like, ‘What?'”

On new music:

“I’ve been in the studio all of quarantine, actually, experiencing new people, new relationships, new writers, COVID-safe, of course. I’ve had a lot of time to think and to reevaluate some things around me during this time… if you can stay, I think, grounded in your own truth and being able to put a stop to what’s making you unhappy and being able to really pinpoint it, and you can come out of there in a really cool place. So yeah, I’m making music that is really meaningful to me right now.”

We love to see the praise! Didn't Xtina say she was releasing a Spanish-langauge album years ago? :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:madonna-bey.jpg.90227805983b2a7eacd75e96cabb0d62.jpg

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Didn't Xtina say she was releasing a Spanish-langauge album years ago?

Legend X always talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk ... So I just take her words with a grain of salt.

But definitely looking forward to new music. I loved Liberation but it needed a few bops :neydedance_purple:

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I enjoyed most of Liberation but when it comes to having expectations on release dates or Christinas music I’ve learned to not have any. She is talented but she has lacked cohesion since BTB. I love Bionic but it was NOT cohesive :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

Is it me or does she throw a bunch of different songs into a hat, records them and calls it an album? :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Neneleaks said:

Remember after Me Against the Music came out, she was asked if she would do a single with Madonna, she said maybe Madonna 10 years ago.

And when she said Beyonce is fake. She's not an artist and relies on gimmicks. 

Oh I love that people can evolve and grow :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

She wants a Beyoncé collab that’ll make her...let’s face it, relevant again :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Also, I can’t with her talking about “female empowerment” like really? She talked so much BS about females back in the day. Own up to that first then talk about female empowerment :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

• Love 5
Just now, ColdAsFire88 said:

She wants a Beyoncé collab that’ll make her...let’s face it, relevant again :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

My thoughts exactly. After Bionic and Lotus flopped, she became very vocal in praising other artists leading up to the release of Liberation. I do think people's mindset change when they grow up and have life experiences, but I always wonder with industry people, if they are genuinely nice now because they've grown or its pandering to other fanbases so their project doesn't flop. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

This is good news. I hope she realizes she has nothing to prove, vocally speaking. Would loved to hear her take on a modern pop sound while keeping the OTT vocal runs to a minimum. Something sonicly akin to Glory would be truly amazing for fall. 

Some songs on Liberation were like this and I loved them most.. like Pipe. I need to give that album another listen.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block