Kylie Minogue fans are extremely worried that Disco might not go #1 in the UK, Thanks to the Announcement of Little Mix's new album

Spicechinodiva

UK do love their chart battles, as a big tradition advertised weekly by the OCC. 

For a While, it was a safe bet Kylie was going to go #1 with Disco and extend her record as the only act to have a #1 Album in five consecutive decades. All was fine until today.

The lovers had their confidence a little shaken, as Little Mix announced Their highly anticipated Sixth studio album "Confetti" out the same day. 

The Kylie fan base remind themselves they had a huge lead in pre orders since June, but they are worried as Kylie doesn't have streaming numbers like little Mix does. 

They also know The girls gets a bigger push as their talent show looking for the opening act for their forthcoming stadium tour airs this fall on BBC one. 

Plus Kylie is starting her US Promo month Tonight. 

They want Kylie to push Up disco or delay it a few weeks til she can focus on the UK. As that is what led Golden to be a huge success in that market. She focused on the UK leading up to it's release.

It's Pop legend Kylie vs. Little mix In the UK. 

Place your BET's. Who you think is going in at #1 for the release week of November 6. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It honestly depends and goes all down to the situation. If the UK/British music industry isn't as ageist or discriminating towards 35+ year old woman as the U.S Music market and Industry is, then i can see Kylie snatching the No.1 as she is of a MUCH higher caliber and status then Little Mix, since she is a...legend. Also, considering the Disco/Euro dance-Revival this  year, it will be just be bonus points for Kylie, as her new album is going to be disco and UK is consuming House and Dance-pop music, the children of disco more than ever (i mean look at the charts...) and lets be honest, her biggest album is Fever which is a Disco, dance-pop album.

Whereas, for Little Mix, they are quite huge internationally, breaking almost every market, except the U.S market which isn't a shocker for British female singers (sadly), and they are still fresh acts and their last record was 2017-2018, in which LM5 under-performed. So its been a few years since, and i think the British market would be up for some new music from the group. Whereas, for the genre of their upcoming album, Confetti, we really dont know how it is going to be sonic-wise, but considering the lead single "Holiday" was a 80s Dance-pop single, i think there is a fair chance of the album being a 80s-90s Dance-pop and euro dance album, but who knows.

So, the situation is basically 50/50, either Kylie can take the cake, or Little Mix will snatch it. It all just depends on what UK music listeners are down to more and which act they would consume more.

Archived