Britney's lawyer claims Tri-Star stopped paying him since he started representing Britney's wishes, today's hearing postponed until November 10th

12 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Am I reading this right? Sam Ingham receives $10,000 a week to represent Britney? If that's right... that's $5,760,000 since the conservatorship began for just him. 

This is an insane amount. I'm in charge of working with a team of corporate lawyers for work, they're one of the most prestigious firms in my city and they constantly have to wade through mountains of paperwork and complex legal work (including litigation) and rarely do I get a bill as high as $10K for a week of work. I'm not saying Mr. Ingham has no work managing the conservatorship but there's no way he's done $10k/week worth of work every single week, especially since things remained relatively status quo for the first decade. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gagabritxxx said:

I honestly feel so sad for her. In my opinion i feel they’ve done more damage to her than 2007. Robbed her youth 20’s and 30’s when she should of been living life happy and free and spending all her own coin.  What an earth made them think they deserved her hard working money? ******* leaches 

Idk, I remember being in 2007 and being scared that she was going to kill herself or die somehow. When she was in a rehab facility, it was rumoured she tried to hang herself with a bed sheet. There was pap photos of her with blood on her shorts, where she was clearly... in that time of the month. And with Sam Lutfi feeding her meds and ****, her dating Adnan Ghalib the paparazzo.  it was a scary time. There needed to be some sort of intervention, Most fans were in support of the conservatorship back then because of how dark that period was.  Though it should have NEVER been made permanent, nor do I think she should have had her rights taken away to that degree. The legal ramifications are terrifying. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

This is an insane amount. I'm in charge of working with a team of corporate lawyers for work, they're one of the most prestigious firms in my city and they constantly have to wade through mountains of paperwork and complex legal work (including litigation) and rarely do I get a bill as high as $10K for a week of work. I'm not saying Mr. Ingham has no work managing the conservatorship but there's no way he's done $10k/week worth of work every single week, especially since things remained relatively status quo for the first decade. 

I think it's what you see in government when officials spend outrageous amounts for simple services: Simply because it isn't their money. It's probably a similar issue, where the conservatorship is just approving outrageous pricing for services provided simply because they view Britney, not as an individual, but as a company and it's not their money.  It's messed up.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, bryceecyrb said:

Idk, I remember being in 2007 and being scared that she was going to kill herself or die somehow. When she was in a rehab facility, it was rumoured she tried to hang herself with a bed sheet. There was pap photos of her with blood on her shorts, where she was clearly... in that time of the month. And with Sam Lutfi feeding her meds and ****, her dating Adnan Ghalib the paparazzo.  it was a scary time. There needed to be some sort of intervention, Most fans were in support of the conservatorship back then because of how dark that period was.  Though it should have NEVER been made permanent, nor do I think she should have had her rights taken away to that degree. The legal ramifications are terrifying. 

But if this happened in the U.K... that wouldn’t lead to a conservatorship as they don’t exist here, she would just receive help. But anyway the conservatorship should of been in place for 12-18 months MAX and should of ended in 2010. not 12 ******* years.  Britney probably has so much trauma and damage from all of this. likely never be the same person again. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gagabritxxx said:

But if this happened in the U.K... that wouldn’t lead to a conservatorship as they don’t exist here, she would just receive help. But anyway the conservatorship should of been in place for 12-18 months MAX and should of ended in 2010. not 12 ******* years.  Britney probably has so much trauma and damage from all of this. likely never be the same person again. 

We don't have conservatorships in Canada, but we do have legal guardianships. I imagine most other nations have some form of legal form of representation (Meant for people with learning disabilities, dementia, and/or brain dead individuals). I do agree that the conservatorship has been extremely damaging in other ways. It has infantilized her, stolen her autonomy from her, and completely isolated her. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, runpiggierun said:

It's good that Sam is still working on the case for britney as he should be, since he's been paid 10k a WEEK for more than 10 years, and he didn't even do anything for her in the meantime. I hope he continues to work for her till she's free even if he's not paid a dime from now on. 

britney spears work GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Is he legally allowed to even if he’s not being paid? I’m not sure how these things work

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

If Lou Taylor pays Ingham, she must have Britney's money too. Britney must bear all legal costs. She should part with TriStar immediately.
Britney could run out of money.

She can’t... that’s the whole problem. 
I saw a post that said something along the lines of “Britney is paying for opposing attorneys but they stopped paying her attorney...” which is just disgusting to really think about. 

• Love 1