Kanye West fighting for his masters, adviser claims his catalog is worth more than Taylor Swift's

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Kanye West is demanding his record company, Universal Music Group, and his publisher, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, hand over the masters to his music or else he won't record new music again.

Kanye Tweeted texts between him and his adviser. 

“We can argue that Universal and Sony have not supported you fully,” the text reads. “And that as a result they have breached [the contracts]. This is the lawsuit/ termination nuclear option.

“If we went that route we would litigate and ask for your masters as part of a settlement. This is high risk but high reward strategy,” the message continues. “Re masters ownership we can look into buying. But if Taylor’s cost $300 million yours would cost a lot more I assume. Remember that if you re-recorded these songs you could own these new masters outright.”

“A much more radical consideration would be to propose an entirely new relationship or joint venture with Universal. One that is equal and not one sided. I am not sure you are interested in that. But if could be a Yeezy Media/Universal joint venture play but one where you have the power.”

I don't see Kanye getting his way with this one :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

And why is he so obsessed with Taylor :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Thoughts, Exhale?

Eh9URLLVkAEwgBD?format=jpg&name=largekanye-t.jpg.13262fe1a34a35bee31e2ee8a467364d.jpg

• Like 1

Say what you want about Kanye but he is an artist and artists are not always fully understood because he thinks out loud via his art forms and can be hard to keep control over that process while not being an artist. 
taylor has most def always pissed him off as she is a puppet in the sense that she enjoys to be whatever is needed of her at the time. 
Point A: Taylor wanted to be Britney so she created the silent pop star just like Britney during those years 

B: flips to politics when the world stops caring about rich white girls and who they are dating.... 

C: gets huge accolades and respect however nothing of her music has ever pushed any boundries or said anything new ... just markets things that amass to audiences whereas Kanye releases things and you go “**** that’s weird but I love it” 

Taylor Swift is the equivalent to white proveldge in the music industry. Everything hard for her is 10,000x harder for a black artist which PISSES HIM OFF and honestly rightfully so. Best songwriter of my lifetime my *** 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

He is so threatened by Taylor Swift :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: and he’s this egotistical masculine hood rapper :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: Can’t stop dropping her name for clout cos his own name isn’t taken seriously enough to grab headlines when it comes to his music :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I think just like Britney I have grown OVER this fan base and I am over it. Cancel me threatened? It’s MUSIC not war lmao stop taking the **** so seriously cause at the end of the day behind closed doors you are ALL PAYCHECKS TO THEM 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block