Anitta taps Cardi B and Myke Towers for "Me Gusta"

The princess of Latin pop Anitta dropped a new song with the queen Cardi B and the rapper Myke Towers, titled "Me Gusta."

The song brings a mix of 2 Brazilian genres sang in English and Spanish by both artists. Cardi's feature was a surprise even for Anitta, who had recorded a song with her in the last year but it got scrapped due to the pandemic. 

The music video was recorded in Salvador, Brazil, the same place that Michael Jackson shot "They Don't Care About Us," and will bring a fashion show featuring plus size models and drag queens with all of the artists being present on it. 

"Me Gusta" is the first official single from Anitta's new album, "Girl From Rio", her career's biggest next move as a representative of Brazilian music around the world. 

cardi-anitta.jpg.f849c0d48d14ab900c133abe76161294.jpg
  • Love 5

Just came from my exhale hiatus to say that this **** is wack. Once again, a forgettable verse from the rap*** B. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Also, she’s copying every Nicki move. She wants a Tusa, but this bich lacks TALENT! Her ghostwriter can’t keep up with Nicki’s talent. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Whoever wrote this article, must be banned. Imagine calling this ******** a queen. There’s only one Queen and that’s Nicki! :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Like 2

Anitta's English sounds impeccable. She's so hard-working and talented. And I love that super hard..... Brazilian beat in the break? (I'm sure this style of music has a name but unfortunately I'm not familiar with it, any Brazilians here who could enlighten me?)

Cardi is on fire :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: But her verse went by super fast though.

3 minutes ago, Style. said:

Also, she’s copying every Nicki move. She wants a Tusa

You know I love Nicki but read exhalers above, they got a point.

Cardi's verse:

[Verso 2: Cardi B]
La Cardi
He like to eat the cake like it's my b-day (B-day)
To' lo día' es mi cumpleaño' (-año')
Boy, I like it rough, don't take it easy (Easy)
Gangsta, yeah, I like it in the bando
Me gustan lo' macho' y que coman cuca
Que haciendo el amor me jalen la peluca
Él me dijo que le fascina mi bunda
A mí me gusta el dinero, no te confunda'
I like girls that kiss on girls, eso me pone on fire, yah-yah
I like workin', I like murking all my haters, yah-yah-yah, yeah
Yo tengo el sazón de una afro-latina
Y muevo mi cintura como Shakira
La Cardi y Anitta, two fly mamacitas
Bad *****es me gustan todita'

ugh this b itch is tacky but she's fun...

I'm learning so much dirty slang hah! ("cuca" I knew, but "bunda" is new to me!)
"I like girls that kiss on girls, eso me pone on fire" > so is Cardi an open bisexual or is she just teasing? I'm surprised cancel culture doesn't have a problem with that...
"Y muevo mi cintura como Shakira" > yesss, name her!!

Just now, bitbitboi said:

Cardi is on fire :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Anitta's English sounds impeccable. She's so hard-working and talented.
Cardi's verse went by super fast though.

And you know that I don’t give a f about their point, capisci? :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

TUSA has now surpassed 3 Diamond certifications world wide. TUSA outdid Tacky Tacky in its first week. All in all, their point is invalid just like their existence in exhale. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

3 minutes ago, Style. said:

And you know that I don’t give a f about their point, capisci? :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

TUSA has now surpassed 3 Diamond certifications world wide. TUSA outdid Tacky Tacky in its first week. All in all, their point is invalid just like their existence in exhale. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I literally exhaled so hard after reading this.................................. Do people listen to music with long a ss fact sheets in hand? I don't get the fascination with numbers. Are kids fixed on their computers watching Blackpink's YT numbers go up instead of watching the video and enjoying the music? I honestly don't get it.

7 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Cardi is on fire :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Anitta's English sounds impeccable. She's so hard-working and talented.
Cardi's verse went by super fast though.

Also, it’s so exhausting hearing about how everyone loves Nicki but then it’s followed by a ‘but’. First of all, I don’t care if y’all love Nicki or not - let’s start from here. Second of all, I meant it when I said that this verse is wack. She’s barely reciting some lyrics given to her by Pardison Fontaine. :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I literally exhaled so hard after reading this.................................. Do people listen to music with long a ss fact sheets in hand? I don't get the fascination with numbers. Are kids fixed on their computers watching Blackpink's YT numbers go up instead of watching the video and enjoying the music? I honestly don't get it.

Then shut tf up and stop quoting people if you don’t like the truth. Stop telling me if they got a point when their point don’t stand up next to mine. Simple as that. What tf is a La Modelo next to Tusa? :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

You must understand that there will never be a Nicki fan who will ever agree to attach this ********’s name next to Nicki Minaj. Compare Megan Thee Stallion and Doja Cat with Nicki and we are FINE. But don’t ever compare a fraud and a rat to a Queen. EVER! :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

24 minutes ago, Style. said:

Just came from my exhale hiatus to say that this **** is wack. Once again, a forgettable verse from the rap*** B. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Also, she’s copying every Nicki move. She wants a Tusa, but this bich lacks TALENT! Her ghostwriter can’t keep up with Nicki’s talent. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Whoever wrote this article, must be banned. Imagine calling this ******** a queen. There’s only one Queen and that’s Nicki! :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Guuuuurl you know how I feel towards Cardi, but Taki Taki is BIG in Mexico and I imagine in other Latin America countries. They still play Taki Taki on the radio down here. Nicki is my number one but if anything Nicki followed Cardi's trend...

The song sounds like its gonna be a smash TBH...I'm probably gonna enjoy it. WAP actually grew on me and I think its because the bass in my car is heavy so I only hear Megan rap :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

9 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Guuuuurl you know how I feel towards Cardi, but Taki Taki is BIG in Mexico and I imagine in other Latin America countries. They still play Taki Taki on the radio down here. Nicki is my number one but if anything Nicki followed Cardi's trend...

The song sounds like its gonna be a smash TBH...I'm probably gonna enjoy it. WAP actually grew on me and I think its because the bass in my car is heavy so I only hear Megan rap :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Cardi’s trend? The **** did I just read. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: Nicki has always done Spanglish verses here and there way before Cardi. The trend started with Despacito and then everyone followed. The difference between Cardi and Nicki’s verses is that Nicki wrote her **** while Cardi is reciting some lyrics written by her ghostwriters. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

Cardi’s trend? The **** did I just read. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: Nicki has always done Spanglish verses here and there way before Cardi. The trend started with Despacito and then everyone followed. The difference between Cardi and Nicki’s verses is that Nicki wrote her **** while Cardi is reciting some lyrics written by her ghostwriters. 

I've never heard Nicki on Despacito but I also hated that song and avoided it like the plague :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: what other spanish verses did Nicki do though? I mean I speak spanish and I am currently living in Mexico. I never hear Nicki's on the radio here (rap wise)...I just googled Nicki Spanish verses and the only one that comes up is Karol G, Romeo Santos :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Nicki is my girl, but she should leave the spanish raps to Cardi. Thats my opinion. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block