This Day in Pop: Britney releases her iconic signature fragrance 'Fantasy' in 2005 (September 15)

9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

How many bottles did it sell, any idea?

Unfortunately, i cannot use this perfume, since i do not want weird looks and eyes at me :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

#Justiceforstraightboys :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

I couldn't find exact numbers, but I found this article from a few years ago:

As of 2013, Curious had sold 500 million bottles, according to The Hollywood Reporter. And it’s not even Spears’s most successful fragrance — according to Elizabeth Arden, that top position is occupied by Fantasy, her musky, fruity potion released in 2005. At one point, Spears’s website claimed that her perfumes occupied a staggering 34 percent of overall fragrance sales, though Elizabeth Arden would not confirm this statistic — and Spears has since taken down that statement from the site.

While not all of Spears’s perfumes have been quite as triumphant in the market as Curious or Fantasy, she stills takes in an estimated $50 million a year from just that portion of her business, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

And about the other comment you made, I precisely read this on another article about Prerogative:

It also happened to be her first “gender neutral” scent. Though technically all fragrances are unisex (the difference between women’s perfume and men’s cologne is a myth cooked up to sell bottles! Anyone can wear anything! Don’t believe the lies!), Prerogative is far woodier and spicier than any of Spears’ other concoctions, relying on an unctuous amber base smothered with tangy fruit, or perhaps zesty Carolina barbecue sauce (I mean this as a compliment).

I usually don't like to wear perfumes or colognes or stuff like that, but I've worn Prerogative, and it's nice. I've even worn Circus Fantasy and Intimate Fantasy at some point, but I don't like them, not because of the feminine scents, but because I think her perfumes in general are too strong, like I feel they can smell me a mile away :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: But in general, I don't like those strong "men perfumes" as Britney would call them, I feel like I'm smelling another man all day :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: plus, again, they're usually too strong.

Prerogative, Intimate Fantasy, Private Show, I wish they were edible, they smell delicious. She should release candy versions of her fragrances lol

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

And about the other comment you made, I precisely read this on another article about Prerogative:

I usually don't like to wear perfumes or colognes or stuff like that, but I've worn Prerogative, and it's nice. I've even worn Circus Fantasy and Intimate Fantasy at some point, but I don't like them, not because of the feminine scents, but because I think her perfumes in general are too strong, like I feel they can smell me a mile away :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: But in general, I don't like those strong "men perfumes" as Britney would call them, I feel like I'm smelling another man all day :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: plus, again, they're usually too strong.

Prerogative, Intimate Fantasy, Private Show, I wish they were edible, they smell delicious. She should release candy versions of her fragrances lol

Wow, 500 MILLION bottles of the Curious perfume? That’s at least 20 billion dollars right there. Yeah I believe Bryan’s quote of $100B now. She should have never done a deal with Elizabeth Arden or sold her part, or whatever deal she did. She should have just produced and sold the perfumes herself. She would have like $90 billion dollars isnt that crazy?

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Wow, 500 MILLION bottles of the Curious perfume? That’s at least 20 billion dollars right there. Yeah I believe Bryan’s quote of $100B now. She should have never done a deal with Elizabeth Arden or sold her part, or whatever deal she did. She should have just produced and sold the perfumes herself. She would have like $90 billion dollars isnt that crazy?

I think she really needed the support of a company though. Several articles explain how unusual Britney's case is, because usually celebrity fragrances are not that good, and eventually flop. Britney's perfumes are actually good perfumes, and people kept buying them over the years. Because she was involved in the process of selecting the scents, and because she worked with the right people to make them happen.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well the article was really interesting but i didnt get how much sales Fantasty made, but i found out it was a $50 million-dollar franchise :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised:

But i think if we could do the estimate, i think it would've sold as good as Curious if not more (probably 700-800 million bottles by now)considering that it already held 34% of the perfume market share in 2004, assuming it might have sold 34 million bottles :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

usually don't like to wear perfumes or colognes or stuff like that, but I've worn Prerogative, and it's nice. I've even worn Circus Fantasy and Intimate Fantasy at some point, but I don't like them, not because of the feminine scents, but because I think her perfumes in general are too strong, like I feel they can smell me a mile away :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: But in general, I don't like those strong "men perfumes" as Britney would call them, I feel like I'm smelling another man all day :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: plus, again, they're usually too strong.

The thing with me is that i really like perfume, but i have always had a strong dislike for men perfume with very strong flavors like Musk, thats like nose-pain for my nose :dontlike_chewing_gum_zoom_bomt_britney: I like more sweeter, lush and less-but present floral smells, but not "sooo" much of the floral and sweetness that it smells so "girly", ya know? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Well the article you sent me DID say that her perfumes stay for hours and hours, so maybe they must have added the strong sense in a higher quantity, considering they want it to stay for a long time :gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red: 

Well i wish we could live in a world, where men aren't ridiculed for leaning towards more sweeter smells, or where women aren't either for leaning towards a stronger smell.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Wow, 500 MILLION bottles of the Curious perfume? That’s at least 20 billion dollars right there.

I once read a article where they did a updated study and found out that now, Curious has sold 2 billion bottles globally. And if its true, its really huge for Britney.

Spoiler

Too bad that all the billions Britney is making HERSELF, isnt reaching her account but her greedy rat aka fathers bank account :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:'

#FreeBritney

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think she really needed the support of a company though. Several articles explain how unusual Britney's case is, because usually celebrity fragrances are not that good, and eventually flop. Britney's perfumes are actually good perfumes, and people kept buying them over the years. Because she was involved in the process of selecting the scents, and because she worked with the right people to make them happen.

Yeah they probably never knew the success her perfumes would have. Her net worth shouldnt be $57M when her perfumes make dozens of billions (oh buy here we go again about her controversial net worth aha), I know her deal only gives her a set amount or thats what I heard, I mean she should have been given a better deal. I think she should be given a lot more for it tho cause they only sell... yeah because they’re good but also because of Britney’s name. I wished they gave Britney a few billions for it if they made 100. But after the CShip otherwise it would be Lou and the 2 Jamies (papa spears and jamie lynn) becoming billionaires:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

And we don’t want that:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I once read a article where they did a updated study and found out that now, Curious has sold 2 billion bottles globally. And if its true, its really huge for Britney.

Hide contents

Too bad that all the billions Britney is making HERSELF, isnt reaching her account but her greedy rat aka fathers bank account :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:'

#FreeBritney

Don’t tell me that:tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

It makes me sad that she only got a few millions when her perfumes made 100 billion dollars:tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Yeah they probably never knew the success her perfumes would have. Her net worth shouldnt be $57M when her perfumes make dozens of billions (oh buy here we go again about her controversial net worth aha), I know her deal only gives her a set amount or thats what I heard, I mean she should have been given a better deal. I think she should be given a lot more for it tho cause they only sell... yeah because they’re good but also because of Britney’s name. I wished they gave Britney a few billions for it if they made 100. But after the CShip otherwise it would be Lou and the 2 Jamies (papa spears and jamie lynn) becoming billionaires:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Her net worth is way more worthy than $57 million dollars she has in her account. She would be 500 million dollars worthy by now, but guess where the rest 443 million dollars are going to? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

You guessed it :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Also the time that it was released, was in the middle of the In the Zone era (or the end of it). She was literally days away from marrying Kevin Federline, she had cancelled her tour (which in itself was heavily criticized because kids and teenagers were watching it), she had had the knee surgery, earlier that year the 55hr marriage, the media was already bashing her a lot (I mean, in a more negative light than before) so nobody really knew if her star power was still strong enough to make people buy a product by her.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Queen B should own planet earth by nowimage.gif.16aac6fe1fca05ad8d2ac9a933540b55.gif

Lou & Jamie need immediate jailimage.gif.59fdb5e42c01cc11aadaaa70339c810c.gif

She would have been one of the very most richest female celebrities :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

But Jamie Rat must be the richest father in the world, eating his daughters money :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

And Lou must be having the time of her live, living in mansions, holding grand parties, buying luxury clothing all of her money :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

Truly disgusting :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

• Love 1