J.k. rowling, new ****** mystery About a guy dressed as a woman well. She keeps canceling herself

Spicechinodiva

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/09/14/jk-rowling-new-book-cormoran-strike-troubled-blood-killer-dresses-woman/

Whoever, told her brilliant, given her views on transgendered woman, the fact that the entire harry potter cast has called her out. 

Every author under the same agent and publisher basically all left cos of her views. 

So what was her bright idea to think after all the backlash, let's write a ****** mystery about a Cis Straight man dressing as a woman to commit ******* on woman .

The reviews have been poor upon this entire series, calling it uninspired. The latest book is being trashed not on her writing but also reminding the public. This is exactly how she personally feels about the transgendered community. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I really have to be honest and please don’t hate me bc it may be ignorant. But this is how people learn.

i personally read her initial message and I don’t think it was super anti trans. I 100% support the trans community and stand behind them 100%. I just don’t know if (in my opinion) it was cancel worthy.

i do think after that- how she keeps it going is just inappropriate but the initial discussion didn’t appear (to me) to be so bad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 11:38 PM, Mercuryrising said:

I really have to be honest and please don’t hate me bc it may be ignorant. But this is how people learn.

i personally read her initial message and I don’t think it was super anti trans. I 100% support the trans community and stand behind them 100%. I just don’t know if (in my opinion) it was cancel worthy.

i do think after that- how she keeps it going is just inappropriate but the initial discussion didn’t appear (to me) to be so bad.

It wasn’t bad at all. What she said was true and normal. People here keep trying to push this false narrative of her being anti-trans. Which she isn’t. Smart people understand what she’s trying to say. 

it’s people who are just trying to be SJWs thinking their standing up for something, without really reading into it. 

and this new book is fiction people...come on, are we really cancelling people for stories that they makeup? This is ludicrous.

Archived