Are you religious?

Slayer

I do believe in God, I mean, I was born and raised in a Catholic family, I was baptized since I was a baby, I used to go to church every Sunday until my confirmation, but after that I just stopped going.

I believe there's a greater power, but in what I don't believe is in the Church as an institution, which is ultimately a human creation, ruled by humans, so it's like, idk. Just starting with the Bible, and how many stuff have been lost in the process of translation over the years, and the things that older popes used to remove from the book, so it would fit their narrative, and even if everything was left intact, there's many things that are subject to interpretation and can't be taken literally, because they were written so many years ago, in another language, so we ultimately don't know what they were really trying to say in those writings. So the whole thing turns kind of pointless to me. Not to mention all the awful things that happen behind the scenes in the Vatican and other places :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: Again, they're human after all, with all of their downsides. And then we can talk about the Inquisition, and many other things. And then we would have to move to other religions and all the bad things they have as well.

So yeah, there must be something out there, greater than everything, but I don't think any human has the answer as to what it really is or what is the purpose of everything. I believe in karma, I believe that there are forms of energy science still can't comprehend.

Ironically, I do have the habit of praying every night, and I occasionally go to church for the death anniversaries of my relatives and such, but other than that, I don't really follow a religious life.

• Love 5

No. I stopped believing in any religions for a long time now because for what I realized, dedicating yourself exclusively in one belief system is limiting yourself to learn.

History has already demonstrated that these religions have their up and downs, pro's and con's, and well, not always right. They should be more of an idealism, because if you'll piece every one of them in the world, you will learn all their good and right sides without invalidating the others. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Ehmm guys, we ALL are spiritual... All human beings are body, mind, and spirit. So yeah, it's a part of all of us. Some are more sensitive to it than others, but we all have it in ourselves, because spirtuality has to do with our deepest values and beliefs.

But being religious means you also have some sort of acknowledgment of sin, meaning that the connection between God and humans is damaged and needs to be restored if we want to live fuller, happier lives.

Having said that, yes, I AM religious! But wanting and keeping the relationship with God is an everyday decision (with its own daily struggles) because sanctity is a process.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block