YouTube rivals TikTok with new "YouTube Shorts"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

A company named Oracle with partner with TikTok in the US after Microsoft lost the bid.

You may recall there's some serious privacy issues with TikTok. Trump said if a US company didn't buy the rights he'd ban it.

Meanwhile, YouTube just rolled out their own version of TikTok called YouTube Shorts.

It's essentially the same concept: create 15-second videos.

Instagram recently launched something similar as well with the Reels feature. 

I feel like I'm 100 years old with all these apps coming out. I don't have the energy to create 15-second videos :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Thoughts, Exhale?

yt-tk.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Exhale+  |  Apparel |  YouTube

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

A company named Oracle with partner with TikTok in the US after Microsoft lost the bid.

You may recall there's some serious privacy issues with TikTok. Trump said if a US company didn't buy the rights he'd ban it.

Meanwhile, YouTube just rolled out their own version of TikTok called YouTube Shorts.

It's essentially the same concept: create 15-second videos.

Instagram recently launched something similar as well with the Reels feature. 

I feel like I'm 100 years old with all these apps coming out. I don't have the energy to create 15-second videos :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Thoughts, Exhale?

yt-tk.jpg

I agree, I cant keep up with the trends and new social media apps. I didnt even know what tiktok was u till recently

fail old man GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Mods

I’m all for competition, especially with TikTok’s privacy concerns.

However, TikTok is just too good. The feature set, community, and algorithm is so good, I don’t see anyone matching it anytime soon. I would feel more secure if the Oracle buy does go through, but I’m concerned about the logistics of splitting the app up completely by geography. I don’t want another Vine incident to happen to TikTok.

• Love 1