YouTube rivals TikTok with new "YouTube Shorts"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

A company named Oracle with partner with TikTok in the US after Microsoft lost the bid.

You may recall there's some serious privacy issues with TikTok. Trump said if a US company didn't buy the rights he'd ban it.

Meanwhile, YouTube just rolled out their own version of TikTok called YouTube Shorts.

It's essentially the same concept: create 15-second videos.

Instagram recently launched something similar as well with the Reels feature. 

I feel like I'm 100 years old with all these apps coming out. I don't have the energy to create 15-second videos :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Thoughts, Exhale?

yt-tk.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

A company named Oracle with partner with TikTok in the US after Microsoft lost the bid.

You may recall there's some serious privacy issues with TikTok. Trump said if a US company didn't buy the rights he'd ban it.

Meanwhile, YouTube just rolled out their own version of TikTok called YouTube Shorts.

It's essentially the same concept: create 15-second videos.

Instagram recently launched something similar as well with the Reels feature. 

I feel like I'm 100 years old with all these apps coming out. I don't have the energy to create 15-second videos :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Thoughts, Exhale?

yt-tk.jpg

I agree, I cant keep up with the trends and new social media apps. I didnt even know what tiktok was u till recently

fail old man GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

I’m all for competition, especially with TikTok’s privacy concerns.

However, TikTok is just too good. The feature set, community, and algorithm is so good, I don’t see anyone matching it anytime soon. I would feel more secure if the Oracle buy does go through, but I’m concerned about the logistics of splitting the app up completely by geography. I don’t want another Vine incident to happen to TikTok.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block