What are your favorite low cal items to eat?

So I’m starting to work on losing a bit of weight and I’m trying to find new things to eat that don’t cost me my entire calorie intake for the day in one meal. 😂

One surprising snack I’ve found that I enjoy is rice cakes.  They are surprisingly not awful lol.  What do you guys enjoy?

Secondary question: I’m debating on getting a fit bit.  Any recommendations?pexels-lisa-fotios-1161682.jpg

Edited by Urbanney
🏅 Featured! -Urbanney
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I'm not a nutrition expert at all so I can't offer too much info, but I had a friend who lost like 60lbs. She was always snacking on celery sticks and she told me that you actually lose weight by eating them. They're considered a "negative-calorie" food because it is mainly water and fiber. So you can look up other neg-cal foods but I've always liked celery and it's so low maintenance. 

Now I'm not saying replace all food for that because you will be losing out on essential vitamins and mins, but this is only as an in between meal snack. 

I have a FitBit and I love it. I know people like a more advanced Apple watch, but I don't need anything like that. All I need is a step counter, track my runs, and it also has settings to track different workouts with equipment I use in the gym. It wasn't that expensive either. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

I'm not a nutrition expert at all so I can't offer too much info, but I had a friend who lost like 60lbs. She was always snacking on celery sticks and she told me that you actually lose weight by eating them. They're considered a "negative-calorie" food because it is mainly water and fiber. So you can look up other neg-cal foods but I've always liked celery and it's so low maintenance. 

Now I'm not saying replace all food for that because you will be losing out on essential vitamins and mins, but this is only as an in between meal snack. 

I have a FitBit and I love it. I know people like a more advanced Apple watch, but I don't need anything like that. All I need is a step counter, track my runs, and it also has settings to track different workouts with equipment I use in the gym. It wasn't that expensive either. 

I had another person recommend celery as well!  I’m not really a fan but I can probably make it work lol.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Ehju0901 said:

So I’m starting to work on losing a bit of weight and I’m trying to find new things to eat that don’t cost me my entire calorie intake for the day in one meal. 😂

One surprising snack I’ve found that I enjoy is rice cakes.  They are surprisingly not awful lol.  What do you guys enjoy?

Secondary question: I’m debating on getting a fit bit.  Any recommendations?pexels-lisa-fotios-1161682.jpg

Cotton?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ehju0901 said:

I’ll have to give that a try!

I love berries topped with a small scoop of natural nut butter. It tastes just like a PB&J without the extra sugar and carbs!

I also enjoy eating veggies sautéed without oil (mushrooms and zucchini work great) with some preservative-free marinara sauce and crushed red pepper flakes.

I'd recommend checking out https://www.eatthis.com/ for more weight loss/healthy eating tips. I'm sure you'll be at your goal weight in no time! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1

Uhhhh, so Low-cal items i really enjoy eating is Burger, because they taste like HEAVEN and its basically healthy because it has meat, vegetables, fruit (tomato) and wheat all in one dish and supplies all your nutrients. One burger is a mere amount of ya know...295 calories. Also pizza is another amazing low-cat food ughhh they add so much cheese to it and when u eat it it taste AMAZING. And guess what? They are just 2,806 calories, thats so little right? :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite:

Also BONUS time, because u deserve it for maintaining the diet :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Desserts that are low-cal are donuts and ice cream. They are just respectively, 500 calories :) 

Yr welcome :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block